Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Roger Johnson (Birmingham)

Read 6106 times
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Roger Johnson (Birmingham)
      Apr 20, 2011 09:30:57 am
      Liverpool considering move for Birmingham defender Roger Johnson
      20 Apr 2011 - 06:43:45
      Liverpool RSS news feed

Liverpool considering move for Birmingham defender Roger Johnson
      Related Links
      Premier League Results
      Premier League News
      Premier League Fixtures
      Roger Johnson has emerged as a target for Liverpool after director of football Damien Comolli ran the rule over Birmingham City's centre back. Kenny Dalglish is in the market for a defender this summer and Johnson, who was recently called up to the provisional England squad, is nearing the end of a second impressive season at St Andrew's. The 27-year-old, who has only one year remaining on his contract after signing from Cardiff for ?5million in 2009, is refusing to talk about contracts until Birmingham's Barclays Premier League future is secured. Coincidentally, City face Liverpool on Saturday.

Wanted man: Johnson (left) is being eyed by Liverpool boss Dalglish Meanwhile, coach Steve Clarke is ready to commit his future to Liverpool in the latest hint that Dalglish will soon be permanently appointed manager.
      The club are expected to offer Clarke a three-year deal at the end of the season to continue as Dalglish's assistant. Talks between Fenway Sports Group and the pair are ongoing.

Losing Larsson on a free will cost Birmingham ?15m, warns RidgewellI have a dream! Kop flop Gonzalez admits he wants to join Man United McLeish full of praise for Larsson as winger weighs up leaving BirminghamAll the latest Birmingham news, features and opinionAll the latest Liverpool news, features and opinion  Explore more:People: Kenny Dalglish, Roger Johnson Places: Birmingham, Liverpool, Cardiff, United Kingdom
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Re: Roger Johnson (Birmingham)
      Reply #1: Apr 20, 2011 09:36:06 am
      Rate him big time - was only saying last week that we should go for him

terrific player.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2: Apr 20, 2011 09:37:19 am
      Both Agger and Skrtel are better than him
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #3: Apr 20, 2011 09:50:07 am
      Both Agger and Skrtel are better than him

But Agger can't stay fit.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Apr 20, 2011 09:51:36 am
      You have Carragher and Kelly then, don't think Johnson is enough of an improvement to be worth it and at 27 I'd prefer a younger player to be honest.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #5: Apr 20, 2011 09:53:54 am
      You have Carragher and Kelly then, don't think Johnson is enough of an improvement to be worth it and at 27 I'd prefer a younger player to be honest.

If he comes in for like 6 million its a good buy regardless of his age. We need depth at the defensive position.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: Apr 20, 2011 09:55:36 am
      Prefer us to buy someone younger, and if we want to buy English even though he will cost more we should be going for Cahill who is younger and a much better player than Johnson
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #7: Apr 20, 2011 10:09:52 am

Lucky we've got Carragher and Kyrgiakos who can come in and do a job.  Not to mention Ayala and Wilson.  Not too keen on a new CB, but I think I'm in the minority here.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #8: Apr 20, 2011 10:21:07 am
      I see us going back in for Micah Richards in the summer. If we were willing to put 20 miliion price tag on him we must have a genuine interest.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #9: Apr 20, 2011 10:27:15 am
      The only source of that supposed £20 million pound bid for Richards was a supposed source on sky sports news dunno why so many people are taking it as fact considering some of the sh*t they have got completely wrong over the years, Kirdi anyone
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #10: Apr 20, 2011 11:24:41 am
      Lucky we've got Carragher and Kyrgiakos who can come in and do a job.  Not to mention Ayala and Wilson.  Not too keen on a new CB, but I think I'm in the minority here.

Doesn't Kyrgiakos's contract expire at the end of the season?  A defender in his late 20's that won't be a regular 1st team player or here for long, may be what we are after, as we wait for Ayala/Wilson to mature or possibly Kelly to move into the middle.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #11: Apr 20, 2011 11:45:30 am
      Doesn't Kyrgiakos's contract expire at the end of the season?  A defender in his late 20's that won't be a regular 1st team player or here for long, may be what we are after, as we wait for Ayala/Wilson to mature or possibly Kelly to move into the middle.

End of next season mate.  I'm confident that by that stage Ayala and Wilson can between them make the step up to playing 20 odd games a season (about the average amount that Kyrgiakos has played in his 2 seasons here so far in all comps).  Unless we going down that route, why don't we just look for someone who can also play at one or possibly more of LB, RB or DM and give us options.  A CB who can't play anywhere else (think Cahill, Mexes - the two most commonly suggested solutions) is a bit of a no-go for me.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #12: Apr 20, 2011 01:11:04 pm
      The only source of that supposed £20 million pound bid for Richards was a supposed source on sky sports news dunno why so many people are taking it as fact considering some of the sh*t they have got completely wrong over the years, Kirdi anyone

A lot of well informed people told me that the late bid for him was true.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #13: Apr 20, 2011 01:57:56 pm
      Who chats because the only place I saw it was SSN, no where else, none of the ITK's had it or any other news sources so who are the well informed people you know.

I personally don't believe it and don't believe 90% of the sh*te that comes from SSN and am shocked Liverpool fans who are very quick to slate Sky are happy to believe them in this case
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 20, 2011 02:29:40 pm
      I see us going back in for Micah Richards in the summer. If we were willing to put 20 miliion price tag on him we must have a genuine interest.
      Oh no, I hate him. Shocking attitude and I find that he is overrated
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #15: Apr 21, 2011 01:52:26 am
      Carra, skrtel, agger, ayala (looked great in the championship), wilson and kelly...we are fine @ CB if we need to be more careful with resources in the summer transfer window.
      Keep the young trio developing and we will be fine back there.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #16: Apr 23, 2011 06:41:50 pm
      Never rated the lad and F**k me he was awful today, didn't win a header all day with Kuyt and to say he is clumsy is an understatement, he was sh*te last week as well.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #17: Apr 23, 2011 06:43:44 pm
      Nah, no thanks.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #18: Apr 23, 2011 07:36:25 pm
      This thread can be deleted ASAP. A snowball in hell has more chance than Johnson coming to anfield 
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #19: Apr 23, 2011 11:48:33 pm
      I'm sure kenny has lost any interest in this lad after his performance today, he was f*cking awful
      JohnnyBeatz
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #20: Jun 09, 2011 02:16:05 am
      @SkySportsNews Sky Sports can confirm that Liverpool have made enquirys about Birmingham centre-half Roger Johnson
       General WUM; attempting to annoy people by posting false rumours.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #21: Jun 09, 2011 02:18:43 am
      @lfcreds can confirm that JohnnyBeatz is a big fat Wum.
      RedsTillIDie
      • Banned

• 127 posts |
      • Open my veins I'm red to the core
      Reply #22: Jun 09, 2011 02:19:40 am
      Get this guy out of here. Last thing we need
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #23: Jun 11, 2011 06:44:50 pm
      His agent has said that Birmingham have told him he will leave this summer.
      Jus' sayin'
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Jun 11, 2011 06:45:56 pm
      No where near good enough, as cubersome a defender as was in the Premiership last season

Quick Reply