Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Adam Morgan (LFC to Yeovil Town)

Read 35970 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Adam Morgan Player Thread
      Reply #138: Oct 10, 2013 12:51:29 pm
      I had high hopes for this lad and still do, but not sure why he's not progressing maybe BR wants to make sure he's not pushed in to early anyone know how old he is.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #139: Oct 10, 2013 10:04:18 pm
      I had high hopes for this lad and still do, but not sure why he's not progressing maybe BR wants to make sure he's not pushed in to early anyone know how old he is.

He's only 19, he's a superb prospect, we need to nurture him carefully, love his attitude.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #140: Oct 11, 2013 10:35:05 am
      He's only 19, he's a superb prospect, we need to nurture him carefully, love his attitude.
      sweet thought he was old, must be cause he's so professional. left footed also could be a great player get him training in and amongst the 1st team towards the end of the season,who better to learn off than the SaS
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #141: Nov 18, 2013 10:35:06 pm
      Great goal!
      Is it me or does he look like he has lost a bit of weight (fat!) and bulked up a bit?
      Wonder if he will be the youth striker that comes through the ranks and delivers on the big stage?
      been a while since we had one.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #142: Nov 18, 2013 10:48:26 pm
      Hearing that he's being allowed to leave on a free ??? I bloody well hope not  :f_wah:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #143: Nov 18, 2013 11:16:25 pm
      Wow?!
      Well at least it shows the academy is being ruthless and striving for higher standards and dismissing all sentiment.
      Best of luck to him. He had some 1st team outings and did ok but can see the sense in only keeping and attaining players who hopefully will push for future first team places.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #144: Nov 19, 2013 01:05:56 am
      Hearing that he's being allowed to leave on a free ??? I bloody well hope not  :f_wah:

Don't think he's ever going to make it and to give him a chance would mean him staying on until pre-season next year.

Then we'll have Borini, Aspas, Sturridge, Suarez (providing we don't sell any), really can't see him making the step up or given the opportunity to. Surprised we haven't tried to sell him though as he definitely has value, but it's best for him to leave at this stage.

We should have done a Barca, sold him with a buy back clause to someone.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #145: Nov 19, 2013 09:18:42 am
      We should have done a Barca, sold him with a buy back clause to someone.

That would mean we would have to offer him a new contract until somebody makes a bid for him which I can't see happening. He clearly hasn't developed to the level needed to make the next step up. He will probably end up in League 1 or something but I wish him luck wherever he ends up.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #146: Nov 19, 2013 09:57:36 am

Heard the same and I mentioned it in the reserves thread yesterday that quite a few contracts run out in the summer from the u21's Cas.  It's sad but we do have to be ruthless for the lads sake.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #147: Nov 19, 2013 11:58:35 am
      Great lad, great attitude, but unfortunately not the talent to match.

He's not going to break through and he's struggling to nail down a starting place in the U21 team at the minute.

Hope he does well for himself.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #148: Nov 19, 2013 08:28:32 pm
      Still must have been a bit of a kick in the teeth tho.....scores a pearler last month then this month gets told basically, on yer bike  mate. Poor fu*ker :f_wah:

Wish him all the best...wherever he ends up!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #149: Nov 20, 2013 11:45:54 am
      Another one bites the dust , ffs we had high hopes for him and it makes me wonder do we have the right people to tap into young player talent . This lad could score and at one stage was a goal machine .
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #150: Nov 28, 2013 10:52:09 pm
      Liverpool trio head out on loan with only one due to return
      Under-21s trio Adam Morgan, Craig Roddan and Kristoffer Peterson have headed out on loan; only Peterson due to return

Adam Morgan made three first team appearances for Liverpool FC Adam Morgan made three first team appearances for Liverpool FC
      Liverpool FC Under-21s trio Adam Morgan, Craig Roddan and Kristoffer Peterson have headed out on loan – but only Swedish winger Peterson will return to the club.

Morgan has joined Championship strugglers Yeovil Town on an emergency loan deal until  January ahead of completing a permanent transfer.

He has already agreed a two-year contract.

The 19-year-old striker, who made three first-team appearances for the Reds, was informed earlier this month that he was surplus to requirements at Anfield.

Roddan has signed for Carlisle United in a similar arrangement with his loan also expected to become permanent in January.

The 20-year-old midfielder has been based at the Reds’ Academy since joining the club from Wigan Athletic in 2007.Peterson has made a temporary switch to Tranmere Rovers on a youth loan deal.

The club’s coaching staff are keen for the 19-year-old Swede to gain experience and he will remain at Prenton Park until January 1.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-trio-head-out-6352546

Good luck at Yeovil and for the rest of your career if you do end up moving on a permanent deal! Almost made it but just not quite there unfortunately.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #151: Nov 28, 2013 10:58:25 pm
      Still must have been a bit of a kick in the teeth tho.....scores a pearler last month then this month gets told basically, on yer bike  mate. Poor fu*ker :f_wah:

Wish him all the best...wherever he ends up!

What you want the club to do, hand him a new contract because he scored one goal? He didn't live up to early expectation. It happens at times. Poor f**ker? I think not mate.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #152: Nov 28, 2013 11:05:58 pm
      Still a massive fall from grace though. Good luck to the young fella's. Still young enough and plenty of time to make the big time...... via the long route.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #153: Jan 02, 2014 07:52:43 pm
      @AMorgan94

@AMorgan94: At my new club @ytfcofficial an I am really looking forward to what I hope to be a huge stage of my career. Thank you everyone x

Adam Morgan is off to Yeovil
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #154: Jan 03, 2014 12:43:13 pm
      Adam Morgan: Yeovil sign teenage Liverpool striker

Striker Adam Morgan has signed for Championship side Yeovil on a two-and-a-half-year contract from Liverpool.

The 19-year-old, who joined the Glovers on loan in November, made three first-team appearances for the Reds.

Morgan told BBC Somerset: "I feel like I have settled in really well and I am just looking forward to pushing on for the rest of the season.

"This is a really good club, a real family club and I can see it is going in the right direction."

The forward progressed through Liverpool's Academy, before being given his break in the senior side by Brendan Rodgers at the start of the 2012-13 season.

Morgan said on Twitter:  "Thank you for all the messages off LFC fans, [it] means a lot to me.

"I spent so much of my life at Liverpool and loved every minute - the ups and the downs.

"Liverpool is always the team I will love and support, and always where my home will be, but it's time for me to show what I can do at my new club.

"I am really looking forward to what I hope to be a huge stage of my career."

Best of luck Adam hope to see you in the Premier League one day.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #155: Jan 03, 2014 12:50:27 pm
      Good luck Adam, hope the move is a successful one for you.  Thanks for the goals and the 5 fingered salute to the utd fans when you scored in the FA Youth Cup at Anfield  :D
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #156: Jan 03, 2014 02:45:55 pm
      Good luck at Yeovil Adam lad! Go and show them what you are made of, hope to see you back in a red shirt mate. All the best.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #157: Jan 03, 2014 04:37:58 pm
      Good luck boy. YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #158: Jan 03, 2014 08:16:14 pm
      Best of luck in your career kid.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #159: Jan 03, 2014 08:37:07 pm
      Best of luck, Adam! Shame he never broke through here. Hope he finds his feet at Yeovil and works his way up.

YNWA.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #160: Jan 03, 2014 10:21:18 pm
      Good luck kid

Quick Reply