Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Adam Morgan (LFC to Yeovil Town)

Read 36008 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Adam Morgan Player Thread
      Reply #69: Aug 30, 2012 02:06:18 pm
      Let's see how he goes. He's got a great attitude. Hope he does well, even if he doesn't start.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #70: Aug 30, 2012 04:00:03 pm
      Hope he plays well. Get some confidence and kick off from there. Its never too early to blood a young good player.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #71: Aug 30, 2012 10:17:06 pm
      Well done today kid. 
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #72: Aug 30, 2012 10:22:30 pm
      Liked his energy and drive, but he has a long way to go yet. Needs a right foot as well. I think some time in the reserves would benefit him as I don't think he's quite ready to make the jump.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #73: Aug 30, 2012 10:28:49 pm
      Thought he did well tonight. Liked his workrate and attitude and almost got a goal!! A full debut to be proud of!!
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #74: Aug 31, 2012 11:40:45 pm
      I must know sh*t about football then... Because I thought he played crap... His ball control is bad and he seems to always be running without purpose...

I like the kid's attitude and work rate but as far as skills I do not think Morgan has it...

Please kid make me look like a fool... I will be a very happy fan then.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #75: Aug 31, 2012 11:42:24 pm
      Mr Morgan, I am unsure you don't need any pressure from em but it is time to step up to the plate. This is as good an opportunity that you will get and I wish you the best of luck, I really do.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #76: Aug 31, 2012 11:46:10 pm
      I must know sh*t about football then... Because I thought he played crap... His ball control is bad and he seems to always be running without purpose...

I like the kid's attitude and work rate but as far as skills I do not think Morgan has it...

Please kid make me look like a fool... I will be a very happy fan then.

Bit overboard there.

Clearly as seen from last night Morgan is never going to play on the wing for the whole of his career. He is, simply, a goalscorer. Rodger's purpose for him on the wings last night was very much teaching him how to play one on one with defenders and attacking defenders. You'll probably find him in far more goalscoring positions than Andy Carroll (who was, in fairness, appalling in getting into those positions) though when moved to the centre. But I definitely think he has potential.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #77: Sep 01, 2012 12:07:02 am
      Bit overboard there.

Clearly as seen from last night Morgan is never going to play on the wing for the whole of his career. He is, simply, a goalscorer. Rodger's purpose for him on the wings last night was very much teaching him how to play one on one with defenders and attacking defenders. You'll probably find him in far more goalscoring positions than Andy Carroll (who was, in fairness, appalling in getting into those positions) though when moved to the centre. But I definitely think he has potential.

I understand your point. As I said maybe I am not seeing it. I guess time will tell. I hope we develops into a genuine goal scorer for us. On the other hand, the truth was that I was unimpressed yesterday... He reminds a bit of Spearing in the sense that he is honest in his effort (i.e. gives 100%) but seems limited in his skills. I hope to be wrong though.
      Bosnian_Red
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #78: Sep 01, 2012 12:11:14 am
      Looks certain that Morgan will play a role in the first team this season. With no real No. 9 available, I am pretty sure he will come on more often.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #79: Sep 01, 2012 03:06:33 pm
      Looks certain that Morgan will play a role in the first team this season. With no real No. 9 available, I am pretty sure he will come on more often.

Great to blood a youngster, but I think at this point in his career, Morgan's a bit limited. If he's going to be playing wide, I'd much rather Suso came in for that even though he's a CM. I think Suso is more creative and would link up better.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #80: Sep 01, 2012 04:26:24 pm
      No where near good enough for the first team, if we are relying on him we are fu**ed. I have watched a lot of Morgan over the last few years and never being overly impressed
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #81: Sep 01, 2012 04:40:30 pm
      No where near good enough for the first team, if we are relying on him we are fu**ed. I have watched a lot of Morgan over the last few years and never being overly impressed
      I must be getting too old.I saw Kevin keegan play for Scunthorpe against Tranmere and thought he could be a star for us. Ian Rush,Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen I even saw Roger Hunt play.Adam Morgan will never be in their class.Borini will never get more than 10 or 12 l;eague goals.Suarez is the modern day equivalent Peter Beardsley he just needs to get his head up a bit more but he will struggle to get more than 20 goals a season.
      All in all the one player we needed this season was not a midfielder not a defender but a 20+ league goals striker and we have failed miserably and to have to go to Adam Morgan is a desperate measure.
      Dont get me wrong he may make a good player but he isnt the new Fowler or Owen and that is who we need right now.
      Wonder if Sterling could play more central?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #82: Sep 01, 2012 04:42:36 pm
      Agree mate, some fans are massively over rating morgan without actually watching him play
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #83: Sep 01, 2012 04:46:15 pm
      Thought he was massively out of his depth on Thursday. Touch had deserted him for most parts. But he was playing out of position and it was his first start so it's understandable.

Would like to see him down the middle next time he plays.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #84: Sep 01, 2012 04:49:13 pm
      Thought he was massively out of his depth on Thursday. Touch had deserted him for most parts. But he was playing out of position and it was his first start so it's understandable.

Would like to see him down the middle next time he plays.

Ngoo has kept him out of the reserves
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #85: Sep 01, 2012 05:27:49 pm
      Ngoo has kept him out of the reserves

How do we know that Brendan doesn't want him playing for the reserves at the minute?

We don't either way but it's possible he wants him fresh and injury free for the first team
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #86: Sep 01, 2012 05:29:16 pm
      How do we know that Brendan doesn't want him playing for the reserves at the minute?

We don't either way but it's possible he wants him fresh and injury free for the first team

He wasnt playing last year either, Ngoo kept him out of the side. To be honest I'd prefer to see Ngoo at least he would give you the unexpected
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #87: Sep 01, 2012 05:48:29 pm
      I saw a picture of him on LFC website with the jersey # 18 (he played #50 on Thur). This leads me to believe that he will be a consistent squad player. OMG we are truly fu**ed like Corbs said!!!

IMO the new kid Yesil would be a better option due to his speed and good ball control.

I still cannot come to grip with what happened yesterday. SHOCKING!!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #88: Sep 01, 2012 05:54:36 pm
      I understand your point. As I said maybe I am not seeing it. I guess time will tell. I hope we develops into a genuine goal scorer for us. On the other hand, the truth was that I was unimpressed yesterday... He reminds a bit of Spearing in the sense that he is honest in his effort (i.e. gives 100%) but seems limited in his skills. I hope to be wrong though.

I know where you're coming from. I haven't seen much from him either and I think some of us need to prevent the "Spearing way of thinking" with him in that we judge him far higher than he really is because he's a young local lad. If Spearing came from London and not Liverpool, I have no doubt a lot would be saying pretty horrific things about him in the same way as Poulsen and the likes were. As for Morgan though I cannot judge him at all yet.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #89: Sep 02, 2012 01:32:15 am
      He wasnt playing last year either, Ngoo kept him out of the side. To be honest I'd prefer to see Ngoo at least he would give you the unexpected

Give them both a shot and whoever performs the best gets the spot until January.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #90: Sep 02, 2012 12:43:22 pm
      Agree mate, some fans are massively over rating morgan without actually watching him play

I'm not sure he has it him either tbh BUT you have to see him play in proper senior action to truly see if he has the quality to become a player at this level so we'll have to see how the lad gets on in the Europa League (I figure that's where he will get all of his playing time). I only watched the game with Hearts yesterday and whilst he had a lousy first 30 minutes he did relax and grow into the game so I wouldn't give up on him just yet. He does have a bit about him, he's a very good finisher with good instincts but he isn't the quaickest or the most mobile of lads and his right foot is not so good. It's crazy that trhe club are in a situation where this lad is suddenly going to be under some pressure to perform but I guess it is a great opportunity for him.

Ngoo is an interesting option and I suspect we will see the lad at some stage in the very near future given the paucity of our striking options and perhaps the new kid Yesil will get some time in the competitions as well. the Europa League has now effectively become a reserve/youth league for us this season.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #91: Sep 02, 2012 01:28:31 pm
      Strange he didnt make the bench considering we have no striker on the bench

Quick Reply