Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Who has Sky TV?

Read 11510 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Who has Sky TV?
      Apr 21, 2011 05:54:50 pm
      Does anyone on here own Sky tv? If so, why? Do you ever think of giving it up and shoving your box up Rupert Murdoch's arse?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Who has Sky TV?
      Reply #1: Apr 21, 2011 07:05:11 pm
      I do, couldn't live without my sport unfortunately.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #2: May 05, 2011 08:57:50 am
      What he says !
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: May 05, 2011 09:01:48 am
      I do, for my sport, documentaries and my son for cartoons.

There is many things I've thought about ramming up Rupert Murdoch's arse, my penis not being one of them.(just for clarity) ;D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #4: May 05, 2011 09:07:39 am
      I do, for my sport, documentaries and my son for cartoons.

There is many things I've thought about ramming up Rupert Murdoch's arse, my penis not being one of them.(just for clarity Racer!) ;D
      Fixed it for you RLB, and I live abroad so its the best way of getting UK tv !
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #5: May 05, 2011 09:53:09 am
      In the past I've had Sky+ HD with full Sports, Movies and everything but I just can't afford it nowadays. Haven't got Sky at all.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: May 05, 2011 10:33:47 am
      Fixed it for you RLB, and I live abroad so its the best way of getting UK tv !

Why should his penis just be for me.
      I wouldn't be that prudent. He can stick it up whoever he wants.

As for SKY - Got rid of sports and the movies. Too expensive.
      LFCtv is free on it and have cartoons for the young lad.
      Other than that I leave the missus and her soaps/crime drama to it.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #7: May 05, 2011 10:39:05 am
      Why should his penis just be for me.
      I wouldn't be that prudent. He can stick it up whoever he wants.

As for SKY - Got rid of sports and the movies. Too expensive.
      LFCtv is free on it and have cartoons for the young lad.
      Other than that I leave the missus and her soaps/crime drama to it.

I was implying you may arrive with your inuendo rather than your trousers around your ankles ! :f_tongueincheek:

I have to have my footie channels !
      But like you I need the cartooons for the Daughter and strangley enough Bev also loves her soaps and Crime channels !
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #8: May 05, 2011 10:42:32 am
      Well football tv laws will be changing soon enough :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: May 05, 2011 10:48:16 am
      But like you I need the cartooons for the Daughter and strangley enough Bev also loves her soaps and Crime channels !

Don't get me wrong I like CSI, just not four hours of it in a row

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #10: May 05, 2011 11:41:54 am
      AH ! I think thats where our better halves differ, Bev's into the true murders and crimes of the past rather than the C.S.I.  stuff.
      And yes 4hrs is definately too much !
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #11: May 05, 2011 12:28:54 pm
      I (and I don't use this word a lot) HATE Sky Sports News and I have a strong dislike for Helen Chamberlain (think thats her name) off Soccer AM but couldn't live without it although I do question why the F**k I pay for the movie channels cos they are consistently sh*t.

Positves: 'Hands like a gorilla' Keys and Andy 'oh F**k I think I am gonna jizz in my undercrackers because *enter a Man Utd player of choice* has just played a 6 yard pass' Grey are off it and getting smothered by Talksport's commercial breaks instead.

Woolnough on The Sunday Supplement aswell...f***in hell Sky should pay ME money to watch that tw*t.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12: May 05, 2011 12:35:14 pm
      I (and I don't use this word a lot) HATE Sky Sports News and I have a strong dislike for Helen Chamberlain (think thats her name) off Soccer AM but couldn't live without it although I do question why the F**k I pay for the movie channels cos they are consistently sh*t.

Positves: 'Hands like a gorilla' Keys and Andy 'oh F**k I think I am gonna jizz in my undercrackers because *enter a Man Utd player of choice* has just played a 6 yard pass' Grey are off it and getting smothered by Talksport's commercial breaks instead.

Woolnough on The Sunday Supplement aswell...f***in hell Sky should pay ME money to watch that tw*t.

She was alright
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #13: May 05, 2011 01:05:53 pm

A bit rough around the edges now but still wouldn't turn it down !
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: May 05, 2011 01:10:18 pm
      A bit rough around the edges now but still wouldn't turn it down !
      Same
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #15: May 05, 2011 01:38:38 pm
      Isn't your username a quote from that very man?  :f_tongueincheek:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: May 05, 2011 01:45:54 pm
      Isn't your username a quote from that very man?  :f_tongueincheek:

Burned
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #17: May 05, 2011 04:00:07 pm

Key word being was. Definitely a few years old that pic!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #18: Jul 16, 2011 06:25:55 pm
      Anyone tempted to get rid off Sky and stop filling the Murdoch's pockets amidst this crisis?

Why not make it worse for him?!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #19: Jul 16, 2011 08:06:25 pm
      Does anyone on here own Sky tv? If so, why? Do you ever think of giving it up and shoving your box up Rupert Murdoch's arse?
      A few years ago i got fed up shouting at the TV when Andy Gray was on so I got rid of it.I survived and still do. I have no Murdoch media in my home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #20: Jul 16, 2011 08:39:03 pm
      Anyone tempted to get rid off Sky and stop filling the Murdoch's pockets amidst this crisis?

Why not make it worse for him?!

Hope you also include books by HarperCollins and films by 20th Century Fox!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #21: Jul 18, 2011 08:14:26 pm
      Hope you also include books by HarperCollins and films by 20th Century Fox!

Point well made admittedly! Do own a few of films by 20th Century Fox  but I've been looking around and I genuinely cannot find a HarperCollins book at the moment!
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #22: Jul 18, 2011 08:20:03 pm
      I do for sport, however if they lost their rights I would be he first to throw the box out the window.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #23: Feb 20, 2012 03:26:22 pm
      Cost too much for sly TV, can't afford it.

Miss live Liverpool matches that are shown on sly but what can you do :-(
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #24: Feb 20, 2012 03:27:53 pm
      Its just to good to leave out. Its great for Greyhound racing.   :D
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #25: Feb 20, 2012 03:30:11 pm
      Might be a good time to note that Sky Go has officially been released for Android phones today. Already tried it and it works brilliantly !!!

Would certainly recommend it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #26: Feb 20, 2012 03:34:17 pm
      Do you ever think of giving it up and shoving your box up Rupert Murdoch's arse?

NewsCorp does indeed own almost 40% of the shares. 

Which does leave 60% of shares not owned by NewsCorp.

I'd probably ditch it if they took full ownership or delisted it off the stockmarket.  But then what would I do - get Cable? Virgin pay Sky a fee for some of their channels.

My beef remains with The S*n.  I know some fans expand it out to Sky and The Times newspaper etc, but I think we have to be realistic.  News International has its fingers in a lot of pies, and even people who pay in to pension probably have some of their funds invested in BSkyB, as a member of the FTSE 100.

Don't Buy The S*n.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #27: Feb 20, 2012 06:50:51 pm
      I ditched Sky a few years back but last month my broadband cost doubled so I went for the basic TV with unlimited broadband which was free for six months.

So back on Sky but not subscribing to Sports.

To be fair I've loved some of the TV such as Friday Night Lights and Luck plus I can now record again.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #28: Feb 20, 2012 07:15:19 pm
      I did without Sky for 18 months after I moved, so I've earned decent tv rather than the sh*te that's on terrestrial! Wish it wasn't so monopolised by Sky though. If I had a decent alternative I'd take it.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #29: Feb 20, 2012 07:18:57 pm

Who? Helen 'readers wives' Chamberlain. Ropey 13 pinter at best and then I'd have to shower just to remove the smell of fish.

Helen wondered where she'd put her toilet roll

Back on topic:

I've had sly for about 6 months now and I'm of the opinion that to boycott all of murdochs empire would be akin to becoming vegan, the amount of research involved to avoid everything his mitts have touched in one way or another would be a full time job. Forget about watching The Simpsons or anything by Fox, travel to most countries and be sure to do your research before you go as to what reading matter is acceptable for fear of breaking your boycott etc etc etc......

It's all about personal choice and I feel that the publicity raised by the ban on the sh*t rag would be watered down by boycotting every single news corp related product/side line.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Feb 20, 2012 08:03:13 pm
      Like I said:
      She WAS alright.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #31: Feb 20, 2012 10:04:41 pm
      I ditched Sky a few years back but last month my broadband cost doubled so I went for the basic TV with unlimited broadband which was free for six months.

Your back on the dark side, which makes me the devil himself :laugh:. I am unfortunately connected to NewsCorp :(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #32: Feb 20, 2012 11:38:00 pm
      NewsCorp does indeed own almost 40% of the shares. 

Which does leave 60% of shares not owned by NewsCorp.

I'd probably ditch it if they took full ownership or delisted it off the stockmarket.  But then what would I do - get Cable? Virgin pay Sky a fee for some of their channels.

My beef remains with The S*n.  I know some fans expand it out to Sky and The Times newspaper etc, but I think we have to be realistic.  News International has its fingers in a lot of pies, and even people who pay in to pension probably have some of their funds invested in BSkyB, as a member of the FTSE 100.

Don't Buy The S*n.

It's not a Liverpool thing for me. If I wasn't a Liverpool fan I would probably not be buying Sky and doing my best to avoid News Corp. I used to buy The Times newspaper because it is a quality news paper. I had queries of not buying it ever again because of who owns it but what happened back in the summer with the hacking of murder victims phones was what pushed me over the edge with that monster. And he is just that. A complete monster who will rot in hell when he cops it which is hopefully soon.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #33: Feb 21, 2012 06:05:36 pm
      Have it all, Sky HD box, sports, movies, phone, broadband etc... but last month I rung them up to cancel the movies and sports which will both go off tomorrow.
      The movies are crap and just replay, plus I download any movie I want for free online. For sports, they usually show the worst fixtures of the weekend when a big game isn't on, with ESPN grabbing the best ones then, so instead I am using free streams.

Another reason is I also pay £39 a month for Virgin 50Mb Broadband, need it with all the gamers in this house, so my bill every month was going over £100 just for both Sky and Virgin. Now without Sports and Movies it should be about £80ish for both Sky and Virgin.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #34: Jan 15, 2024 02:16:10 pm
      Reopened this rather than starting a new thread.

Ditched SkyQ a few months back as I got a great fibre deal from a local firm over here that got me thinking about cancelling the lot, had Sky Broadband as well.

Realised I rarely watched TV when 'it was on' as in scheduled TV and once I cancelled instead of plumping for a FreeSat box straight away I seed if we could live with just using iPlayer, ITVX and the others  supplemented with one or two of the streaming platforms like Netflix/Apple.

Few months later and I haven't missed it for a day. My missus moans the off time that she misses 'normal TV' as she lives the flock through the planner but I'm reality she doesn't miss it either.

I've just every couple months cancelled one streamer and used another. On Disney+ at the moment then will go back to Apple for a few shows I want to see then bask to Netflix.

Anyone else do similar or have thoughts?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35: Jan 15, 2024 02:30:12 pm
      It's not a Liverpool thing for me. If I wasn't a Liverpool fan I would probably not be buying Sky and doing my best to avoid News Corp. I used to buy The Times newspaper because it is a quality news paper. I had queries of not buying it ever again because of who owns it but what happened back in the summer with the hacking of murder victims phones was what pushed me over the edge with that monster. And he is just that. A complete monster who will rot in hell when he cops it which is hopefully soon.

Showing guest frankly 🤢🤢
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Reply #36: Jan 16, 2024 12:15:41 pm

Old account from before I left the forum for a year.

Reading back the comments - hopes of Murdoch carking it 'soon' did not occur.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #37: Jan 16, 2024 12:51:20 pm

Ditched SkyQ a few months back as I got a great fibre deal from a local firm over here that got me thinking about cancelling the lot, had Sky Broadband as well.

Realised I rarely watched TV when 'it was on' as in scheduled TV and once I cancelled instead of plumping for a FreeSat box straight away I seed if we could live with just using iPlayer, ITVX and the others  supplemented with one or two of the streaming platforms like Netflix/Apple.

Few months later and I haven't missed it for a day. My missus moans the off time that she misses 'normal TV' as she lives the flock through the planner but I'm reality she doesn't miss it either.

I've just every couple months cancelled one streamer and used another. On Disney+ at the moment then will go back to Apple for a few shows I want to see then bask to Netflix.

im subbed to everything. probably could do stuff like you do, but cant be arsed. I like my sky for live footi, golf & darts, but I tend to record the golf for a few hours then watch it, so I can skip adverts. l o l
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Reply #38: Jan 16, 2024 09:46:31 pm

Well I plan to ditch Amazon soon, certainly before they bring in adverts in February. I generally think the content provided by Netflix, Amazon, Disney to be subpar especially the films. I've very rarely watched any of their original content and I'm only taken in by the old / non- streaming giant produced films that are accessible on it.

Sky and Sky Sports has to be the most appalling waste of money ever. My belief has always been that sports and entertainment should be as accessible as it can be and
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #39: Jan 17, 2024 08:11:56 am
      I’ve ditched all TV packages and all streaming services, I just use Freeview, Catch up apps or if it’s something from one the streaming services I just watch it the naughty way… no way anyone can afford all these separate subscriptions these days…

Football I’ve been watching from streams for years now… there’s literally no need for the subscriptions, as long as you have broadband these days your sorted if you don’t mind bending your moral compass towards other alternatives.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #40: Jan 27, 2024 03:17:50 am
      Finally jibbed Sky off early December. Got a Firestick and watch anything I want on that. NOW TV app is there for Sky Sports so I just watch Liverpool games through that. 10.99 for 24 hours or 34.99 a month no contract. Use that so I'm not at risk of any problems when watching us on the stick.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #41: Feb 02, 2024 07:32:17 pm
      IPTV, £40 a year as long as you use a VPN.

NO need to get ripped off.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 132 
      Reply #42: Mar 13, 2024 10:57:57 am
      Been paying £90-110 a month for what seems like an eternity for my Sky TV (+ broadband) but I realised long ago I lost my sanity.

I'm one of those that would struggle to live without my Sport (Sky and BT sports packages alone account for half) and can't be arsed to find a stream for what I want to watch each time, then trust the quality will be half as good when it's all laid out for me and all I need to do is scroll up/down on a remote.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #43: Mar 13, 2024 11:19:12 am
      Is IPTV the same thing as a dodgy subscription from a guy that's tapping up a feed from Germany where you plug in a fire stick etc?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #44: Mar 13, 2024 02:20:20 pm
      Is IPTV the same thing as a dodgy subscription from a guy that's tapping up a feed from Germany where you plug in a fire stick etc?

It’s the same thing 👍
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #45: Mar 13, 2024 05:25:09 pm
      My sky bill was going upto over £200 a month. I have everything with them, broadband, UHD movies and sports, Netflix, TNT sports UHD, LFCTV, paramount+ etc.

Negotiated down to £140 per month for next 18months. Quite happy with that considering all I get.

I know folk say just get the stick chipped etc. But I like to record all sorts, last thursday I had darts recording, Golf recording and watched the LFC game, then jumped onto the darts and golf recordings after game. Cant do that with a stick. l o l
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 132 
      Reply #46: Mar 13, 2024 06:54:20 pm
      My sky bill was going upto over £200 a month. I have everything with them, broadband, UHD movies and sports, Netflix, TNT sports UHD, LFCTV, paramount+ etc.

Negotiated down to £140 per month for next 18months. Quite happy with that considering all I get.

I know folk say just get the stick chipped etc. But I like to record all sorts, last thursday I had darts recording, Golf recording and watched the LFC game, then jumped onto the darts and golf recordings after game. Cant do that with a stick. l o l

Holy F***ing sh*t WHAT!?!?! Over £200?!?!??!

Go easy of them adult channels Brezi.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #47: Mar 13, 2024 07:17:19 pm

£200  :f_wah:

I nearly cried the other day when my Sky Broadband increased to £30.50  :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #48: Mar 13, 2024 08:51:23 pm
      Holy F***ing sh*t WHAT!?!?! Over £200?!?!??!

Go easy of them adult channels Brezi.

😅
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #49: Mar 16, 2024 10:01:57 am
      I mainly got it for the sports channels, but sometimes I wonder if it's worth it with all the fees and stuff.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #50: Mar 20, 2024 10:36:13 am
      Im with Virgin, have broadband. Landline Shy sports Movies and Tnt  wanted to increase my bill to £150 a month told them aint happening the come back to me for £ 80 a month
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 392 
      Reply #51: Mar 20, 2024 11:30:22 am
      Iptv needed.

40 quid a year plus cost of firestick I pay. Every channel across the globe pretty much +  loaded with movies that update all the time and all the box sets that you could ever need from places like netflix amazon iplayer etc..

Never looked back. Get all the 3pms too.

Quick Reply