Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

John Flanagan
      (2.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (21.5%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (43.5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (5.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (27.2%)

Liverpool 5-0 Birmingham: Post Match Joyfulness

Read 47692 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Birmingham: Post Match Joyfulness
      Reply #483: Apr 24, 2011 11:41:44 am
      Anyone got full highlights of the game? The match of the day ones were crap to say the least

How can motd make the highlights any better? They showed the goals. There really weren't much more of it then the goals.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #484: Apr 24, 2011 11:44:00 am
      How can motd make the highlights any better? They showed the goals. There really weren't much more of it then the goals.

Well there must of been chances of note, didn't KK say in the post match that we played good flowing football, didn't see any of that in the highlights.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #485: Apr 24, 2011 11:57:45 am
      Well there must of been chances of note, didn't KK say in the post match that we played good flowing football, didn't see any of that in the highlights.
      the full match is on lfc tv @ 6 this evening and will repeat another few times.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #486: Apr 24, 2011 11:59:33 am
      great going guys,well played  and thanks for making my weekend! Just keep it going and apply pressure on tottenham,well done YNWA!!!!
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #487: Apr 24, 2011 12:13:56 pm
      Fantastic result, especially given our recent run of results against Brum. 

Has Maxi done enough to stay for next season, as he is often in peoples "to go" list.  I was more impressed by his overall play yesterday than his goals.  After sitting out for a while his attitude was great - tracked back to help Robinson and worked hard.  He is not a true winger but more a right midfielder (more Ray Houghton than Steve Heighway), and does that job well.

Also impressed by Flanagan again - he is not intimidated easil (as Bowyer found out) and looks to be a very natural footballer who reads the game well.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #488: Apr 24, 2011 12:16:18 pm

There weren't many chances in the game tbh. The Kuyt header was the only one I remember and they showed that.

They could have done more analysis post game.

It'll be repeated on lfctv sometime today.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #489: Apr 24, 2011 12:19:07 pm
      There were alot of times when we played good football though, and we did have a couple of other chances, Suarez definetly had a couple.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #490: Apr 24, 2011 12:26:07 pm
      There weren't many chances in the game tbh. The Kuyt header was the only one I remember and they showed that.

They could have done more analysis post game.

It'll be repeated on lfctv sometime today.

Yet we had 13 attempts on target whole match the scum had 12 but they drool all over their match. Pisses me off.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #491: Apr 24, 2011 12:28:49 pm

Yet we had 13 attempts on target whole match the scum had 12 but they drool all over their match. Pisses me off.

This.

By the way I can't wait for Diego to post in here. ;D
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #492: Apr 24, 2011 12:29:01 pm
      Chuffed.

I honestly believe Martin Broughton got the best custodians for our club! We're silently doing great things and that is just a beauty to behold. The appointment of King Kenny has brought back the pride into Liverpool Football Club! Passion and heart in every player, a whole new meaning to the words togetherness and teamwork. The future looks very bright! A new era has begun.

Now give the King a fat contract!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #493: Apr 24, 2011 12:34:01 pm
      Have to say Kuyt and Suarez when they have partnered each other appear to be our best partnership at the moment, they look really suited to playing with each other, there movement is excellant
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #494: Apr 24, 2011 01:37:49 pm
      This.

By the way I can't wait for Diego to post in here. ;D
      This :gt-happyup:
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #495: Apr 24, 2011 01:40:43 pm

The teams who are in the title race always get put on first. Always the way. Then teams fighting relegation and then teams who are mid table to 5th who are fighting for Euopean football.

Next year we'll be first on every week  ;D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #496: Apr 24, 2011 02:12:53 pm
      Took my lucky mascot with me yesterday and it turned that way again , have only taken him 8 times 7 wins 1 draw in amongst that there has been 3 hat tricks 2/  5 nils will have to take him more often , had a great day yesterday there seems to be a feeling there that has been missing for a long time ,we are finally playing football again no shirkers on the pitch and no lack of skill either , the gloom of the old regime is quickly fading and the sky is gradually turning the right colour.

Met Diego yesterday in the pub  with ALLAN  MSG  AND kENNY.  Apparently he had a great time at the match.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #497: Apr 24, 2011 02:42:07 pm
      We were due that. A great game and team performance all round, front to back and left to right.

Lovin' it and honestly can't wait 'til next season.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #498: Apr 24, 2011 02:45:18 pm
      The teams who are in the title race always get put on first. Always the way. Then teams fighting relegation and then teams who are mid table to 5th who are fighting for Euopean football.

Next year we'll be first on every week  ;D

No, they'll focus on United and City battling it out for second and third.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #499: Apr 24, 2011 02:47:21 pm
      Great performance overall. Maxis second goal, was 1/3 Luis (assist), 1/3 Dirk( his movement got defenders out of Maxis way), and 1/3 Maxi, showing how good the attack was.
      Anyone got a link to watch full highlights. The ones I found are pretty dammn short( goals plus 1 or two chances).
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #500: Apr 24, 2011 02:58:08 pm
      No, they'll focus on United and City battling it out for second and third.

Yeah, it'd get boring watching us win 6-0 every week.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #501: Apr 24, 2011 04:05:15 pm
      JC really got us laughing,lower centenary stand he messed up and hoofed the ball into the crowd and did the Peter Kay AVE IT!!!!!!
      :lmao: :lmao:

Quality
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #502: Apr 24, 2011 04:32:36 pm

No but I'd expect more than just the goals and a clip of a missed chance. Maybe some nice passing moves, or even sh*t ones.

And then a bit more of a discussion than "If Kenny can spend they'll be a force next year. On to Tottenham" after the match.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #503: Apr 24, 2011 05:25:17 pm
      Just watched the game and I must say that is some of the best passing by anyone in a red shirt that I've seen for a while now. Only sour note is when N'Gog came on I believe I heard a few boos from the crowd.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #504: Apr 24, 2011 05:28:04 pm
      Just watched the game and I must say that is some of the best passing by anyone in a red shirt that I've seen for a while now. Only sour note is when N'Gog came on I believe I heard a few boos from the crowd.
      i hope not it would be a shame he scored quiet a few goals for us .
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #505: Apr 24, 2011 05:33:00 pm

Yes, I heard that and I thought I must be hallucinating as this is not how our crowd behaves when it concerns players in a Liverpool jersey. Or, were the brummies reacting to him cos I remember Ngog dived and won us a pen last time that led to a 2-2 draw?

Quick Reply