Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

John Flanagan
      (2.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (21.5%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (43.5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (5.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (27.2%)

Liverpool 5-0 Birmingham: Post Match Joyfulness

Read 47688 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Birmingham: Post Match Joyfulness
      Reply #506: Apr 24, 2011 05:35:21 pm
      I can see many more of these results to come in the future if we keep Kenny, the team is getting back to its best!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #507: Apr 24, 2011 07:25:33 pm
      Yes, I heard that and I thought I must be hallucinating as this is not how our crowd behaves when it concerns players in a Liverpool jersey. Or, were the brummies reacting to him cos I remember Ngog dived and won us a pen last time that led to a 2-2 draw?

I was gonna say, it's probably that. I doubt our fans are going to boo a player when he's coming on and we're comfortably winning.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #508: Apr 24, 2011 09:33:03 pm
      Was 5, could've been more.
      First win against B'Ham for us in 8 attempts I think.
      Good way to break that run :)
      Maxi hasn't set the world on fire since joining but he's done better than many. Good solid pro, there's plenty I'd get rid of before him. Really was his day - specially the 3rd I think, were he had a shot, keeper saved, bounced off a few guys and without breaking stride it came back into his path for a 2nd go at it, and he slots it home. You have to smile.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #509: Apr 24, 2011 09:41:54 pm
      Went up to Leeds this weekend to see a few friends at uni, so I couldn't watch or follow the game, but I had my mate texting me the scores as they came in whilst I was on the coach up. Kept celebrating louder and louder for every text I recieved! Don't think anyone around me appreciated it! :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #510: Apr 24, 2011 10:12:30 pm
      Just watched the game and I must say that is some of the best passing by anyone in a red shirt that I've seen for a while now. Only sour note is when N'Gog came on I believe I heard a few boos from the crowd.
      Yes, I heard that and I thought I must be hallucinating as this is not how our crowd behaves when it concerns players in a Liverpool jersey. Or, were the brummies reacting to him cos I remember Ngog dived and won us a pen last time that led to a 2-2 draw?

Agree with redindian. Was no boos from the Kop end and Ngog isn't a favourite of the brummies.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #511: Apr 24, 2011 10:20:34 pm
      Agree with redindian. Was no boos from the Kop end and Ngog isn't a favourite of the brummies.

Yeah, Ngog is hated by Brum for ermmm.... simulation.

Ngog dive vs Birmingham
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #512: Apr 24, 2011 10:27:27 pm
      Haha! Nice use of words there mate.  ;)
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #513: Apr 24, 2011 10:33:37 pm
      if you can"t beat them join them is what they say,i"m not saying it"s right to "simulate" a dive but the rest are at it with manure leading the way in perfecting it.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #514: Apr 24, 2011 11:56:16 pm
      if you can"t beat them join them is what they say,I"m not saying it"s right to "simulate" a dive but the rest are at it with manure leading the way in perfecting it.
      Not to sound bitter but with certain refs on the pitch Man U players don't have to be in the box or even fall down to win penalties ;)
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #515: Apr 25, 2011 03:02:20 am
      yes terrific result because we played as a team and everyone playing give 100% which we have been doing for sometime. think kennys experience and tutelage paying off in spades. we have good owners and the youngsters look comfortable playing in first team. so we are starting to get depth. this should bode well for next year. perhaps maxi was putting a show on for diego. saurez was unlucky not to score, he is a workhorse and has skills galore. 
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #516: Apr 25, 2011 09:36:24 am
      The match also highlighted the importance of the early goal, meaning Birmingham had to come out more and with who we had playing we were able to take full advantage of the increased space.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #517: Apr 25, 2011 11:51:41 am
      Lost the toss then yesterday - never win anything when you can't win the toss...

This was posted in the Knee Jerk Thread and it got me thinking, I know we always kick into the kop (not litterally !) in the second halk on winning the toss, but can anyone confirm this is the first time this season we've not done so BUT won the game 5-0 ! maybe food for thought ?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #518: Apr 25, 2011 11:57:44 am
      I'm fairly sure we've kicked towards the Kop first half a few times this season.

Also the Youth Cup game against the Mancs we did, and were winning at half time before losing.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #519: Apr 25, 2011 12:05:50 pm
      I meant just first team games J.D. and wondered how we faired when we did !
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #520: Apr 25, 2011 01:32:14 pm
      Think Sunderland we kicked into Kop first half - Kuyt dodgy taken free kick goal, 2-2
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #521: Apr 25, 2011 04:47:06 pm
      I think we also faced the Kop in the first half against Wigan.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #522: Apr 25, 2011 05:56:09 pm
      Not a bad first game at Anfield, was it?

Absolutely brilliant.

Singing YNWA and Fields of Anfield Road... I opened a big smile every time I thought of these moments in my journey back to Brazil.

We were absolutely brilliant, we made them look like a League One side, some of the passing and movement were amazing to watch.

I was particularly pleased with Lucas Leiva's performance, thought he was outstanding, won everything in midfield and distributed the ball extremely well. It was nice to hear a lot of praise for him inside the stadium as well, some guy behind me kept calling him 'the new Didi Hamann' ;D

Luis Suarez as usual was a beast, shame he didn't score but every time he gets the ball it just looks like something special is about to come, he's so quick and smart, a joy to watch.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #523: Apr 25, 2011 06:04:16 pm
      Was really made up for you Diego that you got the chance to attend such a nice game. :)
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #524: Apr 25, 2011 06:08:11 pm

Absolutely brilliant.

Singing YNWA and Fields of Anfield Road... I opened a big smile every time I thought of these moments in my journey back to Brazil.

We were absolutely brilliant, we made them look like a League One side, some of the passing and movement were amazing to watch.

I was particularly pleased with Lucas Leiva's performance, thought he was outstanding, won everything in midfield and distributed the ball extremely well. It was nice to hear a lot of praise for him inside the stadium as well, some guy behind me kept calling him 'the new Didi Hamann' ;D

Luis Suarez as usual was a beast, shame he didn't score but every time he gets the ball it just looks like something special is about to come, he's so quick and smart, a joy to watch.
      nice one you showed great committment to travel such a distance and to see 5 in the net was even better :clap:
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #525: Apr 25, 2011 06:13:21 pm
      Well done Diego, hope you're going to the game on sunday  :f_tongueincheek:
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #526: Apr 25, 2011 06:13:49 pm

Absolutely brilliant.

Good luck charm? F**k it lad, I think the owners would be willing to fund your stay and attendance at Anfield if you could guarantee performances like that week in, week out.

Made up for you. I hope I get to make the same journey in the near future :)
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #527: Apr 25, 2011 07:23:09 pm
      What happened to chaining Diego to the goal posts in Anfield? ;D
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #528: Apr 25, 2011 07:36:42 pm
      Made up for you Diego lad.