Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Joey Barton (Newcastle)

Read 38681 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Re: Joey Barton(Newcastle)
      Reply #23: Apr 27, 2011 06:52:54 pm
      No - not good enough on playing or character level to wear the jersey.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #24: Apr 27, 2011 07:07:46 pm
      I just don't see him being the proper 'fit' for us.

Irrespective of talent (or lack of) the bloke is maybe just too much of a risk in terms of both attitude and temperament. He's certainly got fire in his belly which ain't a bad thing; if properly harnessed.

I won't lose sleep should he sign tho' I'd prefer the c**t didn't.
      « Last Edit: Jun 01, 2011 03:02:06 pm by bad boy bubby »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #25: Apr 27, 2011 07:24:08 pm
      But aside his history and your feeling toward him.

Now on a pure football basis would you think he'd be a good signing?

Doesn't want to come here anyway.

He wants a move to the blueshite.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #26: Apr 27, 2011 07:38:56 pm
      I actually think Joey Barton is a good football but his abilities are always overshadowed by his poor attitude and retardness.

Wouldn't want him here, though. Such a dickhead and he'll probably start a fight with Jack Robinson or something. There are better players in terms of footballing abilities and attitudes out there.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Apr 27, 2011 09:19:17 pm
      Obviously his agent trying to get him a better deal at newcastle. Hillarious he is using us he should have made it m
      ore believeable and said someone like villa
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Apr 27, 2011 11:44:48 pm
      What happened to his lifetime contract with Newcastle? Didn't pan out?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #29: Apr 27, 2011 11:51:46 pm
      Had his best season since leaving City this year. Playing on the right of midfield now rather than centre midfield puts some very good balls in from there.

Hope he stays at Newcastle to be honest though, as far away from Liverpool as possible.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #30: Apr 28, 2011 12:13:46 am
      Don't shoot me but I think he's a good player.

His bad reputation off the field has effected him on the field too I think. I know he has done some very bad things on the field ( the Xabi tackle for instance ) but other players have done worse and got away with it. Think he get's a somewhat harsh treatment from refs and especially players.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #31: Apr 28, 2011 12:20:36 am
      I'm going against the general thought here and I'll say he would be a good player for us. I've always rated him as a player, thought he has been a level up then anyone in the Newcastle team this season (including Carroll). He has other elements with his game that most players don't, he has a passion to win, he has aggression which is a very underrated element of footballer IMO and he has a "hard man" image that scares other players and teams off. IMO he should be in the England team ahead of Barry.

If we do sign him, I would play him through the middle. I think he is a top class player, strong tackler, decent passer, hard worker and can offer an attacking threat. Also he adds aggression which we don't have IMO.

Okay so he is a massive c**t and an Everton fan! Also IMO he would still be behind bars if he wasn't a footballer. So overall I wouldn't sign him, would cause more problems then he's worth.

If we did sign him, I would welcome him, and I feel he'll be a very very good squad player.   
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #32: Apr 28, 2011 12:28:01 am
      No no no no no no no no...

One more time?

NO. Pure and simple, the man's a w**ker and I don't want him to be associated with this club. I've only just managed to erase any memory of Diouf in a red shirt.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33: Apr 28, 2011 02:03:57 am
      No class nor talent for a club like ours.

No spring chicken either.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #34: Apr 28, 2011 02:18:08 am
      Is Woy still handling our transfers!?   :f_doh:

That was the first thing that sprung to my mind to be honest. 

Am awaiting resurrection of the Carlton Cole link  :roll:
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #35: Apr 28, 2011 03:46:16 am
      must be a joke cuz joey barton is one
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #36: Apr 28, 2011 04:48:21 am
      No, that guy is old. There are better players out there period.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #37: Apr 28, 2011 05:13:49 am
      LFC wont track a Thug!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38: Apr 28, 2011 05:58:13 am
      I'm going against the general thought here and I'll say he would be a good player for us. I've always rated him as a player, thought he has been a level up then anyone in the Newcastle team this season (including Carroll). He has other elements with his game that most players don't, he has a passion to win, he has aggression which is a very underrated element of footballer IMO and he has a "hard man" image that scares other players and teams off. IMO he should be in the England team ahead of Barry.

The bit about being more impressive than Carroll gave me a good laugh, but then the comment about him in the England team took the biscuit.

He is to old, would be out thought by any decent side, and his favoured position is currently being occupied at Newcastle by Chiekh Tiote. Barton has been playing right midfield for Newcastle for months now, and he is nowhere near as good as Walcott, Johnson, Young, Lennon in that position.

Nor is he better than Gareth Barry, Scott Parker or Michael fooking Carrick in a disciplined CM position.

He is a useful club player at the likes of Newcastle or City 5 years ago, not good enough for England or Liverpool though.

Not to mention his bad side such as stubbing cigar butts in team mates eyes and a bit of common assault thrown in for good measure.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #39: Apr 28, 2011 08:58:58 am
      The bit about being more impressive than Carroll gave me a good laugh, but then the comment about him in the England team took the biscuit.

He is to old, would be out thought by any decent side, and his favoured position is currently being occupied at Newcastle by Chiekh Tiote. Barton has been playing right midfield for Newcastle for months now, and he is nowhere near as good as Walcott, Johnson, Young, Lennon in that position.

Nor is he better than Gareth Barry, Scott Parker or Michael fooking Carrick in a disciplined CM position.

He is a useful club player at the likes of Newcastle or City 5 years ago, not good enough for England or Liverpool though.

Not to mention his bad side such as stubbing cigar butts in team mates eyes and a bit of common assault thrown in for good measure.

He has been better then Carroll this season. If you actually watched Newcastle play then you could see this. He's been terrific this season. He has played right wing this season but he can easily play center mid, like he did for City. If you think Gareth F***ing Barry is better then your deluded.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40: Apr 28, 2011 09:05:30 am
      If you think Gareth F***ing Barry is better then your deluded.

No, just sensible.

Gareth F***ing Barry is a far better player than Joey F***ing Barton. If you think Barton deserves a place in the England side instead of Barry (who plays in his preferred position week in week out in a far better side than Newcastle) then your deluded.

Either that or just kidding me on that your an avid Newcastle United watcher. You've seen them on MOTD mate, just like the rest of us.

Or do you press option 7 on your sky remote at half 11 every Saturday?  :roll:

Kevin Nolan has been Newcastles best player this season, him, Enrique, Carroll when there, Tim Krul is a good shot stopper and good fill in for Harper, all of them names have played betetr than Joey "I'm the best midfielder in England" Barton.

While I'm at it I should state I think Scott Parker for England and Lucas Leiva for us piss all over Joey Barton.

So does Dirk Kuyt on the right.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #41: Apr 28, 2011 09:17:24 am
      No, just sensible.

Gareth f**king Barry is a far better player than Joey F***ing Barton. If you think Barton deserves a place in the England side instead of Barry (who plays in his preferred position week in week out in a far better side than Newcastle) then your deluded.

Either that or just kidding me on that your an avid Newcastle United watcher. You've seen them on MOTD mate, just like the rest of us.

Or do you press option 7 on your sky remote at half 11 every Saturday?  :roll:

I admit, I do watch a lot of football and I have seen Newcastle play quite a few times. I've been impressed Barton nearly every time. Gareth Barry is used as a scapegoat by City fans. The only reason why Barton doesn't get in the England team is because of his assault and past history (and he doesn't deserve to be in it because of that). IMHO neither play should get in the team, Gerrard, Parker, Wilshere, Lampard are all better.

Also Barton has 7 assists just to Andy Carroll this season.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #42: Apr 28, 2011 09:23:18 am
      Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish mulls 5m move for Newcastle bad boy Joey Barton
      28 Apr 2011 - 00:15:55
      Liverpool RSS news feed

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish mulls 5m move for Newcastle bad boy Joey Barton
      Related Links
      Premier League Results
      Premier League News
      Premier League Fixtures
      Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is considering a ?5million move for Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton. Dalglish has long followed the 28-year-old's progress and, while he recognises such a move would be controversial, he believes Barton's ability merits serious consideration. Heading for Anfield?

Barton is being eyed by Liverpool boss Dalglish Dalglish wants to bring in around six signings this summer, with Blackburn's Phil Jones, Blackpool's Charlie Adam, Aston Villa's Ashley Young and Stewart Downing and Ipswich's Connor Wickham among his targets. He is keen to return a strong British identity to the squad and sees room for Barton's feisty style.

The Liverpudlian has not always endeared himself to the Anfield faithful. He was sent off for a lunge at Xabi Alonso on his last visit and clashed with Fernando Torres during Newcastle's 3-1 home victory over Liverpool last December. Singled out:

Dalglish has a number of new recruits he would like to bring to Anfield in the summer But Dalglish feels Barton could add an edge to his side and help bring the best out of ?35m record signing Andy Carroll. Barton, who will have 12 months left on his contract at St James' Park by the summer, set up eight goals for the England striker in his time at Newcastle.

Seeing red: Barton was sent off for a crunching tackle on Alonso in 2009  More woe for Ireland as Newcastle star is ruled out for rest of the seasonI'll never join United! Reina commits future to Liverpool in boost for KennyPoints mean prizes! Nolan aiming to boost Pardew's coffers with big finishArise, Sir Kenny! MPs support request for Liverpool's Dalglish to be knightedAll the latest Liverpool news, features and opinionAll the latest Newcastle news, features and opinion  Explore more:People: Xabi Alonso, Ashley Young, Andy Carroll, Kenny Dalglish, Stewart Downing, Fernando Torres, Joey Barton, Charlie Adam Places: Newcastle, Liverpool, United Kingdom
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #43: Apr 28, 2011 09:46:21 am
      No doubt about it what he did, and has done in the past is horrible.  But, we cant slag off one player and praise others who have been stupid on nights out (Carroll, Stevie) obviously there is a huge difference but I still believe if Stevie wasn’t our captain and had a clean record he'd of got banged up for assult.  And tbh - he should of.

He has changed his life around, he is sober now and has been for a while, he's made football his focus and he is doing well at Newcastle.  I remember him getting sent off against us for an ugly challenge on Alonso.  Since then I cant say I've seen him do that many wrong challenges…….  Except the punch a few weeks back!

Him and Carroll were brilliant together they just had a real click, watch the majority of Andy's goals and the vast majority are assists by Joey.

On a free, I'd say yes.  5million?  No chance.  Plus, he's made it clear to the Geordies that he wants to stay at Newcastle until his career ends.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44: Apr 28, 2011 12:18:17 pm
      I'd have hoped by now we are beyond signing the likes of Joey Barton. Don't see how you can compare Barton to Gerrard. Gerrard punched somebody :O Barton put out a cigar in his team mates eye, and has since been done for assault.

Contreversy will surround him wherever he goes, and he is hardly good enough that you can forget about his off (and on) field antics.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #45: Apr 28, 2011 12:22:07 pm
      Barton is no better than what we have already got, he'd be warming the bench most of the time. Plus, he's not the type of character we want in the dressing room. No way as far as I'm concerned.

Quick Reply