Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Joey Barton (Newcastle)

Read 38851 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Re: Joey Barton (Newcastle)
      Reply #345: Aug 05, 2011 07:35:23 pm
      Come on the f**k no way is he a f**king upgrade on Raul is that because he is English

Agree.

I don't think he is better than any of our midfielders except Poulsen who we don't really need anyway.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #346: Aug 05, 2011 07:38:46 pm
      In the centre, I'd go for Raul on balance. On the right, Barton is far better and he is not a shithouse.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #347: Aug 05, 2011 07:43:02 pm
      Raul is a better footballer all day F***ing long over Barton who is so F***ing one paced it is untrue
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #348: Aug 05, 2011 07:43:14 pm
      Probably the first time hes been released without a charge this
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #349: Aug 05, 2011 07:48:13 pm
      Probably the first time hes been released without a charge this
      :lmao:

Pity we couldn't swap Barton's ability for Poulsen's

Small improvement, we might actually be able to get rid then.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #350: Aug 05, 2011 07:48:40 pm
      I doubt if Joey Barton has any real feelings for Newcastle United as a club.
      First thing that came to mind, there's only one priority with Barton - himself.
      SG as a parralel to Barton does not add up in any context either, any acts of force unlike Barton were not wilful, premeditated or punished with imprisonment.  
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #351: Aug 05, 2011 08:13:59 pm
      In the centre, I'd go for Raul on balance. On the right, Barton is far better and he is not a shithouse.

Put it down to Friday drinkypoos, Shithouse is very mild when describing Barton.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #352: Aug 05, 2011 09:31:08 pm
      Stevie smashed Michael Brown in the head and punched a DJ, want to sell him?

Against a knobjob owner ruining his club? Wish some of our players joined Rafa in his battle against H&G.

He is a very good player, he would strengthen us, he'd he an upgrade on Maxi, Poulsen, Spearing, Cole and arguably Meireles. If we sell Aquilani, he'd be a good addition.  If you don't want him on attitude fine.

oh my god.

1. Stevie doesn't have a long history of violence in his career and has been a top professional throughout, can you say the same for Barton? Shame on you for even comparing the two.

2. I don't. Wouldn't be very professional of them would it. I don't always agree with everything my boss says or does but do i argue against him? No i just get on with my F***ing job and do what im paid to do. Liverpool have a way of doing things and speaking on twitter and criticising the club endlessly is not one of them, they won't last 2minutes here.

3. No he isn't and the fact youve compared him to raul shows you have no knowledge about joey barton in my opinion, your post saying newcastle won 30% of their games with barton in the team or whatever you said was just laughable too by the way.

Finally, ive said it before and ill say it again, id bet anything kenny wouldnt sign barton, has far too much class to be bringing scum like that to the club

TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #353: Aug 06, 2011 11:30:38 am
      oh my god.

1. Stevie doesn't have a long history of violence in his career and has been a top professional throughout, can you say the same for Barton? Shame on you for even comparing the two.

2. I don't. Wouldn't be very professional of them would it. I don't always agree with everything my boss says or does but do I argue against him? No I just get on with my f**king job and do what im paid to do. Liverpool have a way of doing things and speaking on twitter and criticising the club endlessly is not one of them, they won't last 2minutes here.

3. No he isn't and the fact youve compared him to raul shows you have no knowledge about joey barton in my opinion, your post saying newcastle won 30% of their games with barton in the team or whatever you said was just laughable too by the way.

Finally, ive said it before and ill say it again, id bet anything kenny wouldnt sign barton, has far too much class to be bringing scum like that to the club

1. You mentioned recent violent acts, I'm not saying Stevie had the same past, don't put words in my mouth.

2. So Rafa was unprofessional?

3. Newcastle won 30 odd % of the games he played, that shows how important he was to them, I never said that was a good % but it is Newcastle, so what do you want?

You've decided you don't want him because of his past that is fine, but don't make sh*t up to fight against strawmen.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #354: Aug 06, 2011 11:41:00 am
      1. You mentioned recent violent acts, I'm not saying Stevie had the same past, don't put words in my mouth.

Without wishing to sound pedantic you did mention SG in the context of Barton's violence and whether you meant it as a comparison or not it was certainly inferred.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #355: Aug 06, 2011 12:04:32 pm
      Here is why the lads a Shithouse

Dec 2004 - stubbed a lit cigar into the eye of young team-mate Jamie Tandy during Manchester City's Christmas party. Fined six weeks' wages by City. Forced to pay four weeks' salary - approximately £60,000 - immediately, with a further two weeks suspended for a year.

Barton says: "If I was to do something similar, I'd be the biggest fool ever."

May 2005 - breaks leg of 35 year-old pedestrian while driving his car at 2am in Liverpool city centre.

July 2005 - involved in an altercation with a 15-year-old Everton fan at City's team hotel in Bangkok, where the team are playing in the FA Premier League Trophy. Fined eight weeks' wages by City after being found guilty of gross misconduct. Accepts punishment and agrees to undertake a programme of rehabilitation.

Says: "When people talk about my dark days, when I sit down and think about it - the misdemeanours I've
       had, with the things that go on in the real world - the things I have done are stupid and foolish. But they are not war crimes."

Sept 2006 - drops his shorts in the direction of Everton fans following City's 1-1 draw at Goodison Park.
      Charged with improper conduct and/or bringing the game into disrepute by the Football Association and fined £2,000.

Says: "The shorts thing was only intended as a light-hearted joke but some people didn't take it that way unfortunately. I don't know whether the fans see me as the Evertonian that got away or what. I was there when I was a youngster and have had a couple of chances to go back and it's never been right."

Feb 2007 - wins his first international call-up despite public criticism of the England team's performance at the World Cup and subsequent releases of autobiographies.

Says: "England did nothing in the World Cup, so why are they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the
      quarter-finals, I played like s**t, here's my book'. Who wants to read that? I don't."

This lot is before he should of spent a long long time in prison, he is a shithead who will never change.
      To mention him in the same breath as Stevie is well out of order.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #356: Aug 06, 2011 12:16:46 pm
      Just walked past the bench outside Macdonalds on Church Street in town (great views all around by the way. How I love the warm weather)  :o  ;)

The one where he viciously attacked some bloke and put him in a bad way.

Somewhere in the middle of this:

Joey Barton

Not for me thanks.

I'll just refer back to the post I put out in April.

No ta.

(Apologies, I can't put the link up as 'this video has been removed as a violation of Youtube' disgusting and violent content')

Nuff said.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #357: Aug 06, 2011 12:20:49 pm
      I'll just refer back to the post I put out in April.

No ta.
      Would not piss on him if he was on fire.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #358: Aug 06, 2011 12:47:07 pm
      Cant believe there are reds fans on here who would take him on , the last two sh*t houses we took on nearly fcking ruined us , and to even mention the guy in the same breath as stevie is just a fcking disgrace ,i for one wouldn,t want to pay my hard earned to go and watch that c**t parading around anfield.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #359: Aug 06, 2011 12:54:07 pm
      Regardless of his antics, as a player he isn't good enough for us.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #360: Aug 06, 2011 10:19:11 pm
      Regardless of his antics, as a player he isn't good enough for us.

I think he is, especially if Raul or Aquilani go.  Plus, he can play on the right.

Gerrard, Lucas, Downing & Kuyt would be ahead of him in the pecking order, not sure about the rest, Meireles, Aquilani, Maxi, Henderson, Spearing, Shelvey, Cole, Poulsen.

His reputation and past acts are a problem, he is a better player than people are willing to accept.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #361: Aug 06, 2011 10:20:52 pm
      Agree with chats here, he has a decent delivery but he is to one paced and no where near good enough for a top club
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #362: Aug 06, 2011 10:23:33 pm
      Anyone considering him for us doesn't know what LFC represents in my opinion. Diouff wasnt half as bad and didn't belong here.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #363: Aug 07, 2011 06:07:54 pm
      I think he is, especially if Raul or Aquilani go.  Plus, he can play on the right.

Gerrard, Lucas, Downing & Kuyt would be ahead of him in the pecking order, not sure about the rest, Meireles, Aquilani, Maxi, Henderson, Spearing, Shelvey, Cole, Poulsen.

His reputation and past acts are a problem, he is a better player than people are willing to accept.

I don't fancy a 'centre mid who can play on the right' for the right wing. If we want a right winger we will go out and buy one.

I rate Gerrard, Aquilani, Lucas, Meireles and Adam above him easily. Henderson, Spearing and Shelvey all have far more potential than him so for me they should be higher in the pecking order.

He's better than Poulsen for sure but we're trying to get rid of him!

Unless there's a CM on the market who's better than all of our current lot then I'm really struggling to see the point in signing one.

Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #364: Aug 08, 2011 09:40:36 am

2. So Rafa was unprofessional?

3. Newcastle won 30 odd % of the games he played, that shows how important he was to them, I never said that was a good % but it is Newcastle, so what do you want?

You've decided you don't want him because of his past that is fine, but don't make sh*t up to fight against strawmen.

You put stevie and barton in the same sentence and you were comparing the two. 

Joey Barton is a dick head and always has been. Somebody posted that they believed he is now a changed man and i said hang on a minute, it was only this season he gave another footballer a punch and he has been on twitter constantly mouthing off at the club. He has a long history of being a tw*t whereas stevie doesn't.

The attention the kop created and with help from the media, there was no reason for staff within the club to come out and criticise H&G.  Defending Barton for doing so makes me wonder whether your on planet earth. Have you seen the recent Carragher interview? He STILL doesn't criticise H&G and actually states they are used as an excuse far too often. He admits times were tough but used united as an example, saying that there owners are just as unpopular amongst their fans yet it doesn't affect them on the field one bit.  I will bet you anything that as soon as a player at anfield comes out and criticises the club on twitter then he will be a gonner in 6 months. Liverpool don't have bellends at the club, something Barton is.

I can't believe you are still using 'But newcastle won 30% of their games when barton was in the team so we should sign him' as an argument. Less than 1 in 3. Whoopdie F***ing doo :lmao:

You keep saying 'if you don't want barton due to his past then fine' well actually i don't want barton because of his past yes and at present he is still a w**ker in my eyes, but ive said a few times now that in my opinion he is just an average footballer anyway. Would be a decent signing for everton or villa, somebody like that maybe trying to break into the top 6, but not Liverpool FC, simply isn't good enough.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #365: Aug 08, 2011 10:17:59 am
      We can do so much better than Joey Barton it's not funny. We already have. No need for this guy even if he was a Saint off field.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Mata
      Reply #366: Aug 08, 2011 10:51:55 am
      Are there any new links? becoming very boring reading the same sh*t.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #367: Aug 08, 2011 10:57:27 am
      ^^

Random

Quick Reply