Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Joey Barton (Newcastle)

Read 38846 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Joey Barton (Newcastle)
      Reply #368: Aug 08, 2011 10:58:17 am
      You put stevie and barton in the same sentence and you were comparing the two. 

Joey Barton is a dick head and always has been. Somebody posted that they believed he is now a changed man and I said hang on a minute, it was only this season he gave another footballer a punch and he has been on twitter constantly mouthing off at the club. He has a long history of being a tw*t whereas stevie doesn't.

He had a bad past, but you can't pick and choose what you want to criticise and make.excuses for Stevie's indiscretions.  You can't compare their pasts, but you focused on Barton's recent behaviour, aside from punching MGP, he has changed, wasn't sent off last year, more fouled than fouling, battered by Wolves, didn't react etc,

The attention the kop created and with help from the media, there was no reason for staff within the club to come out and criticise H&G.  Defending Barton for doing so makes me wonder whether your on planet earth. Have you seen the recent Carragher interview? He STILL doesn't criticise H&G and actually states they are used as an excuse far too often. He admits times were tough but used united as an example, saying that there owners are just as unpopular amongst their fans yet it doesn't affect them on the field one bit.  I will bet you anything that as soon as a player at anfield comes out and criticises the club on twitter then he will be a gonner in 6 months. Liverpool don't have bellends at the club, something Barton is.

If someone criticised NESV they are mental and should be gone. How can you compare Ashley and H&G TO NESV. Carra blamed Rafa for everything, he was wrong about the yanks and he admitted that - read Epic Swindle. Great footballer, wring on this issue.

I can't believe you are still using 'But newcastle won 30% of their games when barton was in the team so we should sign him' as an argument. Less than 1 in 3. Whoopdie f**king doo :lmao:

If you don't understand that stat, there is nothing down for you, so I'm not going to bother discussing this any further.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #369: Aug 08, 2011 11:13:06 am
      Win % was above 30% in games he played.

:lmao:

stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #370: Aug 08, 2011 10:15:48 pm
      Sky Sports News just in: Redknapp confirms that the Tottenham riots are a ploy to secure Joey Barton's signature, "We just want him to feel at home"
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #371: Aug 08, 2011 10:34:14 pm
      Sky Sports News just in: Redknapp confirms that the Tottenham riots are a ploy to secure Joey Barton's signature, "We just want him to feel at home"

Fantastic, my new facebook status!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #372: Aug 09, 2011 01:08:41 am
      Joey Barton,is a proper Scouser.Good footballer,at home with the Bitters,will do us some damage in the future.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #373: Aug 09, 2011 01:28:46 am
      will do us some damage in the future.

The question is what type of damage.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #374: Aug 09, 2011 11:17:32 am
      Joey Barton,is a proper Scouser.Good footballer,at home with the Bitters,will do us some damage in the future.

he will be with the rioters breaking into the LFC shop
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #375: Aug 10, 2011 07:44:03 pm
      if we were gonna sign a new centre mid it should be Palacios imo decent passer excellent defensive mid is available if tottenham get diarra who we should also be in for if we want another centre mid

one of those two not this guy
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #376: Aug 10, 2011 07:53:35 pm
      if we were gonna sign a new centre mid it should be Palacios imo decent passer excellent defensive mid is available if tottenham get diarra who we should also be in for if we want another centre mid

one of those two not this guy
      Nice shout for Palacios, always rated him highly although last season he had a dip in form and has been constantly injured.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #377: Aug 10, 2011 08:26:21 pm
      I'm hearing Palacios is possibly going to Stoke, along with Crouchy.

Although if they're signing Crouch, I don't know why they'd bother with a midfield because you can guess what their pattern of play will be!
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #378: Aug 11, 2011 12:44:26 am
      Surprised a big team isn't going for Palacios. Arsenal seem reluctant to accept Fabregas is going and so won't buy a replacement, they won't make top four this season. I doubt he will go to Stoke but if he does then i see Stoke doing very well next season
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #379: Aug 11, 2011 12:49:20 am
      Reports that Fabregas deal is pretty much done in Spain, in to 1/20 on the bookies sites too, which the only one that short they've got wrong so far I think is Phil Jones unfortunately :(
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #380: Aug 14, 2011 11:27:56 am
      For what its worth I think he has changed.. Learnt from his mistakes. Whether we sign him or not sometimes a person deserves redemption. Name calling and constant reflection on his past is unfair. I have made mistakes does that make me what I was? This forum and thread should be to discuss joey bartons football ability and any links with our club.

See the game yesterday?  :lmao:
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #381: Aug 14, 2011 11:42:56 am
      Joey barton is a cock,the way he reacted yesterday was laughable regaurdless of the "you cant raise your hands "agument,he got that player sent off,the end...........then had the gall to say to one of the arsenal players "he punched me" well if he thinks that was a punch he,d get a shock if my missus twatted him,he is lolife scum who blackens the game of football and if the geordies think he is there best player then they are fu**ed.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #382: Aug 14, 2011 11:52:07 am

Yeah, he got stamped on, ref did nothing.  Then he dragged Gervinho up off the floor after a shameful dive and got slapped in the face.

What a terrible guy he is...   :roll:  ???

If Barton had stamped on Song, or slapped Gervinho, I'd be agreeing with you... but he didn't.

Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #383: Aug 14, 2011 12:04:08 pm
      You really are a wolly, why your STILL defending this vile creature ill never know.

So song gave him a stamp, hes a professional footballer and should have kept his head. The gervinho incident was an hour after that.

Doesnt matter if it was a dive or not, personally i think it was a pen anyway, i thought their was contact, but if somebody did what joey barton did to me in the street then i wouldnt have just slapped him, id have F***ing ripped his head off.

Makes me cringe you actually want a player like that in red. Haha shame on you mate.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #384: Aug 14, 2011 12:21:58 pm
      You really are a wolly, why your STILL defending this vile creature ill never know.

So song gave him a stamp, hes a professional footballer and should have kept his head.

He did.  He complained to the ref and the 4th official who should have seen it and sent Song off. He didn't punch anyone or retaliate against Song in any way.

The gervinho incident was an hour after that.

What does that have to do with anything?

Doesnt matter if it was a dive or not,

It does, it explains his reaction to drag him up.  It doesn't excuse it and he deserved a yellow for it.

personally I think it was a pen anyway, I thought their was contact,

Contact, but a blatant dive.

but if somebody did what joey barton did to me in the street then I wouldnt have just slapped him, id have f**king ripped his head off.

What does that have to do with anything?

Makes me cringe you actually want a player like that in red. Haha shame on you mate.

If you like.

Makes me cringe that people can't look at the facts of what actually happened and choose to indulge in knee-jerk Barton bashing.

Facts:
      Barton was stamped on by Song.  Barton didn't retaliate against the player.
      Barton dragged Gervinho up after a dive.  That was wrong, he deserved the yellow he got.
      Barton was slapped in the face by Gervinho. Barton didn't retaliate against the player.

Two players committed violent acts against another player, yet only the victim of both acts is vilified whilst the perpetrators are ignored... insane.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #385: Aug 14, 2011 12:26:56 pm
      ^^^^^^

Is that you Joey? If it is on behalf of everyone stay the fuk away from our club you belong in prison....the end.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #386: Aug 14, 2011 12:39:07 pm

i dont know if hes on a wind up or what
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #387: Aug 14, 2011 12:45:11 pm

I dont know if hes on a wind up or what

Not on a wind-up, I just don't want to jump on the bash-Barton bandwagon, I don't get the anti-Joey Barton hysteria whipped up by the media.  He made mistakes in his past, he has been punished for them. If you don't want him here because of that, fine, it is a perfectly reasonable position to take.  But to attack him for what happened yesterday is ridiculous.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #388: Aug 14, 2011 12:46:56 pm
      I ain't a fan of Barton as I pointed out in this thread but the simple fact is that if it wasn't Joey Barton involved in these incidents nothing would be said. Just because Barton was involved people blame him when in reality he did little wrong in yesterday's game (bar going down easily but lots of players do that).
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #389: Aug 14, 2011 12:51:44 pm
      tkid,

I think its fair to say bartons reaction to gervinho was a delayed reaction from the song incident more than his actual 'dive'. For the record, if theres contact then its a pen, thats the rule in todays football, regardless whether the player rolls around on the floor and makes a meal of it.

disgraceful by song but no excuses for barton doing that to gervinho.  Do you blame gervinho for giving him a slap? I dont, because like I said if somebody got a grip of me like that id think I was in a fight and wouldnt hesitate punching them.

makes me laugh that every time barton is involved in a tussle, its ALWAYS with somebody smaller/weaker than him, youd never see barton picking on samba or reina would you, its why he didnt get up and go after song because hes a little shithouse.

totally the opposite to what LFC is all about. horrible person. average footballer. NO TAR.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #390: Aug 15, 2011 08:26:22 pm
      Wouldnt call it a stamp, more like trod on.

Quick Reply