Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Joey Barton (Newcastle)

Read 38855 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Joey Barton (Newcastle)
      Reply #391: Aug 15, 2011 11:37:01 pm
      tkid,

I think its fair to say bartons reaction to gervinho was a delayed reaction from the song incident more than his actual 'dive'. For the record, if theres contact then its a pen, thats the rule in todays football, regardless whether the player rolls around on the floor and makes a meal of it.

Not true, if it was, any time a defender touches an attacker it is a pen.  There has to be contact that actually causes a fall or loss of stride.  That did not happen to Gervinho or Lampard yesterday, they both dived.

Do you blame gervinho for giving him a slap? I dont, because like I said if somebody got a grip of me like that id think I was in a fight and wouldnt hesitate punching them.

Haha, yeah, I'm sure you'd be saying that if it was the other way around.  No chance, you'd be lambasting the thug Joey Barton for punching someone in the face.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #392: Aug 15, 2011 11:52:44 pm
      I think he's got some ego problems and maybe he'll chill out in a few years.

I think he'll probably turn out alright because he seems to have a football brain on him.

Tbh, I'm not bothered what his family is like, even if there's a lot of bad ones, doesn't mean he'll turn out the same.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #393: Aug 15, 2011 11:56:59 pm
      I like him and I like his on-field attitude.

There, I said it.
      Bier
      Reply #394: Aug 15, 2011 11:59:28 pm
      I think he's got some ego problems and maybe he'll chill out in a few years.

I think he'll probably turn out alright because he seems to have a football brain on him.
      In a few years? He's 28, his career will be over in a few years. But yeah, he'll probably chill out then.:P
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #395: Aug 16, 2011 11:42:59 pm

West Ham back in for Barton

Published 23:01 16/08/11
      By Darren Lewis

West Ham are set to reignite their interest in Joey Barton.

The East Londoners are monitoring the situation regarding the controversial midfielder, who has yet to sign a new contract at Newcastle.

The Championship side discussed a move for Barton earlier this month, when the Magpies first made it clear earlier that they had made him available on a free transfer.

At the time, the Hammers' interest in the player is said to have been described as “lukewarm”.

Now, however, they are waiting to see if a club in the Premier League's top four moves for Barton, or whether he would be up for the challenge of dropping down a division again.

A move to Upton Park would see his midfielder reunited with his former Newcastle team-mate Kevin Nolan and Sam Allardyce, the manager who brought him to the Toon from Manchester City.

In West Ham’s eyes, Barton’s considerable baggage is offset by his ability and the success of his relationship with Nolan, which helped Newcastle gain promotion from the Championship two seasons ago.

When Nolan - on a four-year deal worth £55,000-a-week - was sold by the Geordies, Barton tweeted: “’Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life.”

Barton has big fans within the boardroom at Upton Park, but would have to accept a massive cut in wages currently said to be in the region of ÂŁ80,000-a-week.

The star has a house in Newmarket, a Suffolk town that is less than an hour's drive from the Hammers’ training ground.

But any West Ham move for him could hinge on whether Scott Parker remains at the club.

Stoke, Aston Villa, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal have all been linked with England midfielder Parker, last season's Footballer of the Year.

But no club has yet matched West Ham's ÂŁ8million valuation of a player who has three years left on his current contract.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/West-Ham-reignite-interest-Joey-Barton-but-Newcastle-star-would-have-to-accept-big-pay-cut-article786170.html
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #396: Aug 16, 2011 11:49:09 pm
      Who gives a F**k if Newcastle are in for him
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #397: Aug 16, 2011 11:50:14 pm
      Who gives a f**k if Newcastle are in for him

That would be a strange thing to happen, a club buying their own player...
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #398: Aug 16, 2011 11:52:56 pm
      That would be a strange thing to happen, a club buying their own player...

Haha. Why did I say Newcastle :D

Correction: Who gives a F**k if West Ham are in for him
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #399: Aug 17, 2011 05:08:25 am
      How can anyone defend Barton in that case vs Gervinho? :lmao:

He does all that circus cause Gervinho supposedly dived, and then does exactly the same - goes down like if he was hit by a car, and tells the referee he was punched in the face.

Hipocritical c**t.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #400: Aug 17, 2011 09:14:33 am
      Joey Barton walks into a bar.

Penalty
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #401: Aug 17, 2011 09:46:59 am

He does all that circus cause Gervinho supposedly dived, and then does exactly the same - goes down like if he was hit by a car, and tells the referee he was punched in the face.

Hipocritical c**t.
      Just a c**t mate but here's some better news, there's some paper talk that West Ham have revived their interest in him so he could soon be in the Championship and far away. 
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #402: Aug 17, 2011 10:01:38 am
      Not true, if it was, any time a defender touches an attacker it is a pen.  There has to be contact that actually causes a fall or loss of stride.  That did not happen to Gervinho or Lampard yesterday, they both dived.

Haha, yeah, I'm sure you'd be saying that if it was the other way around.  No chance, you'd be lambasting the thug Joey Barton for punching someone in the face.

If theres contact inside the box and the defender hasnt touched the ball then its a pen. Do you actually disagree with that ;D? Gervinho made a meal of it and fell to the floor I know and if somebody did that against us don't get me wrong i'd be fuming too, but seeing the replay i personally thought there was contact so its irrelevant how easy he went down - thats just todays football unfortauntely, they all do it. It doesn't matter how much contact there is as long as there is some, if the defender doesnt play the ball - PENALTY.  It wasn't a dive, it was a pen.

The ref should have booked both Gervinho and Barton, but once he sent Gervinho off then IMO Barton should have gone too.

What was Gervinho supposed to do exactly? He shouldn't have give Joey a slap but as a human he has every right to defend himself if another one attacks him. Is he supposed to stand there and just let Barton pick him up and throw him around? Don't think so.

Hipocritical c**t.

This.

Makes me laugh when people excuse Joey for his actions because in their belief Gervinho dived so Joey had every right to be angry and apparently his actions are acceptable.

Then two minutes later he gets the most girliest slap in the world and he hits the deck rolling around.

Joey Barton is a joke.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #403: Aug 17, 2011 10:15:00 am
      I feel it's only a penalty when there's clear contact or something serious enough to warrant a penalty.

Lampard and Gervinho both went down too easily, IMO, regardless of whether the defenders touched them or not. It also made sense for them to try it as the scores were 0-0. Once they knew the defender was going to stick his leg out, they fall over.

Then you get the ones like Berbatov against Agger. He had contact, but he took a step before falling.

Barton did defend himself by saying he's not going to let his hard work all summer go down to a cheat. It was unnecessary of Gervinho to also hit him but he was defending himself.

It was also mentioned Barton decided to do things his way because Alex Song's apparent stamp on him which was obviously done on purpose went unpunished.

Barton definitely should not have gone to pick up Gervinho. He literally left the ball rolling and turned around, during the game to do confront Gervinho. He should of just played on and let the ref do the talking.

But that's Joey Barton for you. He will get involve. It's his nature.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #404: Aug 17, 2011 10:22:05 am
      Will argue until im blue in the face that it was a penalty in todays football. I agree it shouldn't be, but nowadays thats a penalty.

If theres contact and the defender doesnt touch the ball, its a penalty, end of discussion.

It annoys me just as much as anybody but thats what football has become, blame the likes of cristiano ronaldo for it.

Credit for both refs at newcastle and stoke though for not giving cheap pens away, if more refs did this then maybe footballers wouldnt go down like theyve just been sniped.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #405: Aug 17, 2011 10:23:57 am
      If only the poor guy he was stomping in Church St knew he could put him down with a gay slap, I suppose the sight of a potentially fatal athlete's boot about to impact your head could be distracting.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #406: Aug 18, 2011 09:43:39 pm
      For all his faults, and he has plenty, I think he can at least be commended for his support of the Justice campaign and his efforts to get more signatures for the truth petition....  I'm not saying he's a saint, nor a model human being, but I will give credit where credit is due....

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
      @Lord_Sugar forget that, sign the petition and retweet. Ur starting to look a little elitist now. Do u not believe in this cause? #jft96

@leefitches its about the Hillsborough disaster mate epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2199 Thanks

Thanks to all the people who have signed, lets keep pushing this until the truth is out. MP's work for citizens not the other way round #j96

@lucy17randle Could u please sign and retweet this petition epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2199 Thanks

@mrdefiance the Geordie Nation will get behind this, proper footballing people. Sign the petition epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2199 Thanks

This is not about clubs, rivalries or cites. Its about human beings and families losing loved ones. Put yourself in their shoes for a minute

And many many more....
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #407: Aug 18, 2011 09:48:28 pm
      Good lad, Joey.

Much respect for your campaigning for JFT96.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #408: Aug 18, 2011 09:49:13 pm
      Gone up in my estimation after that.

Well in lad.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #409: Aug 18, 2011 09:51:56 pm
      Aye well in JB let's just hope it has the desired effect.

JFT96
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #410: Aug 18, 2011 10:21:31 pm
      Well in Joe,things like this make up for ur madness on the pitch fair play.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #411: Aug 18, 2011 10:36:42 pm
      I can only comment on that - good lad, rest is irrelevant for the moment.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #412: Aug 18, 2011 10:51:33 pm
      not had his usual twitter rant today and has concentrated on the justice campaign.. well in Joey.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #413: Aug 18, 2011 11:28:18 pm
      420,000 followers got those messages, most outside of Liverpool / LFC, would love to know how many people signed on the basis of that.

Over 43,000 signed it now - nearly half way to a Commons debate.

Quick Reply