Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Joey Barton (Newcastle)

Read 38831 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Re: Joey Barton (Newcastle)
      Reply #414: Aug 19, 2011 10:54:59 am
      Saw it last night, fantastic stuff Joey.

Some thick c**t was chatting some sh*te about it and Joey was quick to put the lad in his place, something Tony Barrett appreciated.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #415: Aug 19, 2011 11:51:43 am
      In a different situation, I'd have him in our team. I remember the first time I watched him play for City I rated him because he reminded me of Gerrard.

He does seem like he's trying to better himself, and he doesn't want to be seen as a scumbag anymore. Will be interesting to see how he performs over the coming season, but a central midfielder is the very last thing we need right now, which goes without saying really.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #416: Aug 20, 2011 06:59:16 am
      He does seem like he's trying to better himself, and he doesn't want to be seen as a scumbag anymore. Will be interesting to see how he performs over the coming season, but a central midfielder is the very last thing we need right now, which goes without saying really.

I'd have to agree, I've thought that for a while too. His antics against Arsenal were a bit contrary to that but I do think he has been making a conscious effort to change his ways for some time now.

Good on him for his work with the petition. Will always respect him for that.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #417: Aug 20, 2011 04:33:54 pm
      Can definitely see Everton going in for him after this performance.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #418: Aug 20, 2011 05:15:10 pm
      Good call that Tkid, seems to fit them to be honest, easily see that happening.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8522 
      Reply #419: Aug 21, 2011 07:43:01 pm

They won't, Joey has already priced himself out of a move to goodison, wages wise.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #420: Aug 22, 2011 06:16:36 am

Everton couldn't afford to pay me to play for them, let alone Joey Barton.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #421: Aug 24, 2011 12:17:17 pm
      He is in talks with QPR according to SSN. Will be a good signing for them, especially if they can get Scott Parker as well! Decent midfield pairing!
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #422: Aug 24, 2011 06:54:50 pm
      he just tweeted that he,s of for a medical ,and that he wants to stay at nufc but had no offer from them,think its qpr were he goin
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #423: Aug 25, 2011 04:20:53 pm
      He is in talks with QPR according to SSN. Will be a good signing for them, especially if they can get Scott Parker as well! Decent midfield pairing!
      Also Joe Cole
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #424: Aug 25, 2011 05:55:42 pm
      Still thinking about this potential move, probably hoping a big club come in for him - which they should do
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #425: Aug 25, 2011 06:52:00 pm
      Still thinking about this potential move, probably hoping a big club come in for him - which they should do

I agree.  I think he is a very solid footballer.  Not great, but good and consistent and he plays both sides of the ball fairly well.  Would be a good addition to a number of teams in the Prem.  I think he would fit nicely into a side like Bolton, Stoke, Villa, Everton, Sunderland, or Fulham. 

I personally think he is a much better player than Spearo or Shelvey, and is probably on par with Maxi in my opinion.  But, I know many people on here hate him for his off field shenanigans and we are still overstaffed in midfield even after loaning out Aqua again, so I won't even bother to suggest that he would fit into our team ;)
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #426: Aug 25, 2011 06:56:15 pm
      Since when is Bolton, Stoke and Everton 'big clubs'? Newcastle are bigger than all 3 of them but you say you agree that he would fit into a big club.

He's an average footballer with a fu**ed head. Would fit in well at Everton. The c**t.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,197 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #427: Aug 25, 2011 08:24:06 pm
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #428: Aug 25, 2011 08:24:39 pm
      Since when is Bolton, Stoke and Everton 'big clubs'? Newcastle are bigger than all 3 of them but you say you agree that he would fit into a big club.

He's an average footballer with a fu**ed head. Would fit in well at Everton. The c**t.

Barton is a better player than the following:  Arshavin, Rosicky, Spearo, Shelvey, Poulsen, Cole, De Jong, Benayoun, and Kakuta.  All of these players play for big clubs, and Barton would represent an improvement on any one of these players.  Granted a few of these players are youngsters and could develop into better players, but for you to act like Barton is not good enough to make an impact with one of the big clubs in England or Europe is ignorant.  I don't care for the lad's behavioral problems or his demeanor in general, but he is a good footballer and I can at least give him credit for that.

Does that answer your question?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #429: Aug 25, 2011 08:29:11 pm
      No, it doesn't answer my question. You said you agree he belongs at a big club, then you mentioned smaller clubs than his current one.

He's not fit to wear the shirt of any of the top clubs in England or Europe. That's why he's off to QPR. If his footballing talent was that clear, clubs would see past his fu**ed attitude. End of.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #430: Aug 25, 2011 08:31:23 pm
      On the topic of Barton, but off the topic of his transfer... this is absolute gold!!

TOTT: Philippe Senderos' slip of the tongue
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #431: Aug 25, 2011 08:42:56 pm
       :lmao: Always knew there was something about Barton I didn't like.  ;D
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #432: Aug 25, 2011 08:44:23 pm
      Damn you anny road,just spat tea all over screen!!!!!    :lmao:
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #433: Aug 25, 2011 08:47:49 pm
      No, it doesn't answer my question. You said you agree he belongs at a big club, then you mentioned smaller clubs than his current one.

He's not fit to wear the shirt of any of the top clubs in England or Europe. That's why he's off to QPR. If his footballing talent was that clear, clubs would see past his fu**ed attitude. End of.

So, in relation only to footballing ability, you truly believe that all of the aforementioned players (Arshavin, Rosicky, Spearo, Shelvey, Poulsen, Cole, De Jong, Benayoun, and Kakuta) are better than Barton?  Fair enough if you do, because that would support your claim that he isn't fit to wear the shirt of a top English club.  I don't think any one of those players is as good/effective on the pitch as Joey, so I think he would fit in as a decent squad player in a top club.  His attitude is the only thing that is keeping top sides from going after him. 
      LFCexiled
      Reply #434: Aug 25, 2011 08:50:55 pm
      On the topic of Barton, but off the topic of his transfer... this is absolute gold!!

TOTT: Philippe Senderos' slip of the tongue

Brilliant!   :lmao:
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #435: Aug 25, 2011 08:52:01 pm
      I don't want to compare him to any of those. But if you want me to, Arshavin, Benayoun and Kakuta are totally different players, no need to compare them. De Jong? Much better ball winner. Rosicky? Much better in a more attacking position. Barton is only slightly better than Spearo, but when you put all things considered, we'd have Spearo here every day of the week. Fight for the shirt, all for Liverpool.

Like I said, if he were to improve a top club, they'd be in for him. No one is because he's an ordinary footballer that will hurt your team more than help. Newcastle is as big of a club as he'll ever play at.

That video anny is absolutely brilliant  :lmao:
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #436: Aug 26, 2011 12:18:21 am
      I told youse that Barton would do ANYTHING to get the ball    >:(:jackoff:

Quick Reply