Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Read 5062 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
      May 04, 2011 02:19:30 am
      The third instalment of Naughty Dog's Uncharted series is out this November. News probably surfaced last year. I'm definitely getting it. I haven't played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, though but I have got them and will play them this summer.

According to GameRankings.com, both it's predecessors have been highly rated by PS3 gamers with both Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves carrying 89.70% 96.41% (second highest PS3 game behind GTA 4) respectively. Let's hope it can beat the 96.41% rating even though I know that is a tough call.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Trailer

Uncharted 3 : Drake's Deception | Chateau gameplay demo (2011) Sony PS3
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
      Reply #1: May 04, 2011 09:03:25 am
      Have borrowed 2 from the brother in law along with some other games. Supposed to be excellent
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #2: Jun 03, 2011 04:17:44 pm
      Sony details Uncharted 3 Collector’s Edition and pre-order bonuses Europe

Earlier today we brought you news of the awesome Uncharted 3 Collector’s Edition that would be available across North America this November. Since then we’ve heard from Sony that European gamers will also be getting a pretty neat special edition of the game too.

Fans of the Uncharted series will be able to choose from a Special Edition and Collector’s Edition, aptly called the Explorer Edition.

You can get an early peek at the European Special Edition below. Sony is aiming for the final version to look like Nathan Drake’s diary with fully illustrated pages, including concept art, screenshots and sketches, along with a premium finishing of course. You’ll also be able to download a few special items with a PSN voucher, including the ‘London Drake and Pirate Ak-47’ multiplayer skin and weapon, the Multiplayer ‘Upper Cut Taunt’ along with a cash multiplier and special edition decals pack to customise your avatar’s accessories.

Uncharted 3 Special Edition

But if you’re a true fan of Uncharted then you’ll no doubt want to know more about the Explorer Edition. This will include the Nathan Drake figurine, ring and belt buckle from the US Collector’s Edition as well as an antic style replica traveller box. It will also include the Special Edition and it’s DLC as well as the pre-order bonuses, and it may even include a Nathan Drake passport holder and 3D lenticular image.

Sony also took the opportunity to detail the pre-order bonuses that would be available across PAL regions. These include multiplayer weapon mods, medal kickbacks and booster pre-order bonuses, of which you can read more about on the PlayStation Blog.

Of course by now you’ll know that the multiplayer beta for Uncharted 3 is just around the corner. You’ll be able to access the beta on the 28th of June with the PSN voucher that’s tucked inside inFamous 2 which hits shelves this week. If you’re a PlayStation Plus member you’ll also earn your access rights but the rest of you folks will have to wait until the 4th of July to test out this game’s explosive multiplayer.

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2011/6/3/sony_details_uncharted_3_collectors/

Looks like I will get the Explorer's (Collector's) Edition.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #3: Sep 06, 2011 02:00:30 pm
      Tempted to pre-order this for 104.97 pounds. I may have to do it soon to avoid it being out of stock and then selling for a higher price nearer the release date.

Have finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and I really, really enjoyed both games. Can't wait to play this one now.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: Sep 13, 2011 02:33:32 pm
      Completed Among Thieves but only about half way through Drake's Fortune. I did it backwards :D.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #5: Sep 13, 2011 03:22:56 pm
      Haha, I just got the platinum trophy for Uncharted 2 a few minutes ago.

Can't wait for Uncharted 3!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #6: Oct 19, 2011 07:26:39 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJuyv_ckh98&feature=player_embedded#

Epic. I have to say Uncharted is one of the best games I've played in my PS3 life.

Still don't know whether I should keep with my Uncharted 3 Explorer Edition pre-order or just change to the Special Edition.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #7: Oct 19, 2011 09:23:09 pm
      Cant wait, got the platinum trophy for both the first two games :D

Excellent game series :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #8: Oct 24, 2011 06:40:53 pm
      Some retailers in Europe apparently leaked out the game on Saturday.

Has 93.93% at the moment. Higher than Drake's Fortune but lower than Among Thieves. Disappointed? I probably am, ;D.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #9: Oct 24, 2011 07:08:14 pm
      IGN gave it 10/10 (perfect) and said they have absolutely no issues with it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10: Oct 24, 2011 07:09:12 pm
      Uncharted 2 wasn't just the best game I have ever played on PS3, it is quite probably the best game I have ever played in my life. It's up there with my memorable gaming moments from the Mega Drive up to the PS3. I cannot wait for Uncharted 3. The scores it is getting is phenomenal already. The fact that it is anywhere near Uncharted 2, suggests to me that it is just AS good as the previous game. It is a hard task because in all honesty how do you improve on genuine perfection? Uncharted 2 is just that. Hardly anything in life is perfect, but Uncharted 2 was perfect. Uncharted 3 will be a continuation on perfection!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #11: Oct 24, 2011 07:12:59 pm
      Well, it averages close around full score. Up to 94% now.

I agree FMS, Uncharted 1 was good. I liked it but it was no where near Uncharted 2. Uncharted 2 is definitely one of the best games I have ever played as well.

Can't wait for Uncharted 3 as I am getting the Explorer Edition :lmao:
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #12: Oct 24, 2011 09:28:12 pm
      It's taken the Tomb Raider style, put a beautiful gloss over EVERYTHING, and developed a cool, cinematic story to go with some decently developed characters. It's a great example of an action orientated, 'cinematic' game. Didn't like the twist at the end of Drake's Fortune (namely the sudden appearance of those demon things.), and I didn't finish U2 in the end, but I'll be getting around to playing this eventually. The first two are class and are indeed two of the best games ever made in my opinion, number 2 was particularly polished. I'm guessing the new one will be almost identical, they couldn't really do much to improve on the last game in terms of visuals or gameplay, though there ought to be some tweaks and I'm looking forward to some new beautifully rendered settings. So far Naughty Dog have really nailed the brilliant sweeping vistas, jungles and temples. More of the same please! :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #13: Oct 27, 2011 12:27:44 am
      Popped down to Gamestation today and on the box it said "OUT THIS FRIDAY!" when the release date is actually 1st (US) and 2nd for us.

Guess retailers are letting the game out earlier as well.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #14: Nov 03, 2011 06:12:39 pm
      It finally came!

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #15: Nov 03, 2011 09:40:16 pm

That looks sick! Worth the extra cash?

I loved uncharted 1, aint got 2 yet but will soon now this one is out, price should drop a little i hope. From what everyone says 2 was way better so i'm looking forward to it!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #16: Nov 03, 2011 11:19:12 pm
      That looks sick! Worth the extra cash?

I loved uncharted 1, aint got 2 yet but will soon now this one is out, price should drop a little i hope. From what everyone says 2 was way better so i'm looking forward to it!

Well, considering it's selling for 220 pounds and over on ebay, spending 99 pounds doesn't feel so bad. I might sell that chest and maybe the DLC, though, probably can get me back 50 pounds as all I want is the ring, buckle, statue and game :laugh:

bigV, if you loved Uncharted 1, I'm very damn sure you'll w*nk to Uncharted 2!! Maybe you can get 2 first then play it while the price for 3 drops but really, Uncharted 2 is definitely one of the best games I have ever played in my life.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #17: Nov 04, 2011 01:11:00 am
      Never really considered getting an Uncharted game, but after seeing the third installment get a rating of 10 on IGN, i'll be getting it soon.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #18: Nov 04, 2011 07:53:37 pm
      Played the 1st game and completed it 3-4 times. One of the best games I've ever played on PS3.

Not played 2 and 3 yet but I have them.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19: Nov 06, 2011 08:53:22 am
      Anyone know what sites do the explorer pack
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #20: Nov 06, 2011 11:48:21 am
      Anyone know what sites do the explorer pack

Ebay :laugh: but it's selling for around 200 pounds now. Been that way since about a month ago.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #21: Nov 06, 2011 11:49:35 am
      Guess it was a limited run so.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #22: Nov 06, 2011 12:01:17 pm

Yeah.

It was selling on Gamestop.co.uk for 104 pounds. I got mine from Game.co.uk for 99 pounds. Preordered early as I expected it to be like this.

I'm actually thinking of selling some of the extra stuff. I just want the Special Edition game, the statue and the ring. Saw someone selling the DLC for 70 pounds and the case itself for 30 pounds. If I could repeat that feat, mine would cost -1 pounds!

By the way racer, what's your PSN?

Quick Reply