Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

John Arne Riise (AS Roma)

Read 7309 times
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Re: John Arne Riise (AS Roma)
      Reply #23: May 06, 2011 03:21:02 pm
      Love the guy but wouldn't really want to see him back at Liverpool. He isn't the answer to our left sided problems.
      I too mate :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #24: May 06, 2011 03:28:10 pm
      Are all of the JAR exponents on crack, after that OG FFS!! unforgiveable
      On the contrary after his faithful service to LFC the majority could find it in their hearts to show him some forgiveness for that horror OG.
      Irrespective the lad is well past his best years and not what we need right now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #25: May 06, 2011 03:33:59 pm
      Or his first one against Southampton and the numerous times he got raped by sh*te wingers.

Not bad for a ginger though!

Was that the quality header? F***ing great goal, shame it was in the wrong end.

Wasn't it their manager's first game in charge as well? Might of been that Sturrock, can't remember.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #26: May 06, 2011 07:54:33 pm
      liked him when we was a red, deteriorated in final year or so and we had when he was at his best. tho there is a shortage of QUALITY left backs, there are better out there than him right now.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #27: May 06, 2011 08:15:58 pm
      Makes no sense to have him back at this stage of his career, but he was one of my favorite players while he was a Red and I'll always remember his time at club with fondness.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #28: May 06, 2011 08:16:10 pm
      As much as I liked him, if we have a time machine to buy players when they were good, there are a few names ahead of him on the list...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #29: May 06, 2011 08:33:10 pm
      Loved him when he was here. Decent defender and a great goalscorer. Has a rocket of a left foot. Was surprised he was sold to be honest. That goal against the Mancs at Anfield. Wow.

Don't think it's wise for him to be brought back, though. We need younger and potentially better players.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #30: May 14, 2011 08:53:01 pm
      Don't like Riise, doesn't have the soul to play for a club like us.
      F***ing idiot. He played his heart out for this club. Yes he made mistakes but overall was an awesome ambassador for LFC. For a foreign player to say that stuff is very unusual and he deserves credit for his loyalty.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #31: May 14, 2011 08:59:22 pm
      People were giving out about him not being good enough defensively when he was here and he has gone backwards since then.

Time has been kind to the memory of Riise, he was awful in his last season here and to be honest for a couple of seasons prior to that.

Would be a poor signing
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #32: May 14, 2011 10:01:33 pm
      F***ing idiot. He played his heart out for this club. Yes he made mistakes but overall was an awesome ambassador for LFC. For a foreign player to say that stuff is very unusual and he deserves credit for his loyalty.

Also enjoyed shagging some of the slappers round here, I still personally think he was a sh*te left-back.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #33: May 14, 2011 10:04:48 pm
      he was awful when he was nearing the near of his Liverpool career, he was god awful in his last season, not to mention he cost us a trip to the CL Final
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #34: May 14, 2011 10:12:41 pm
      he was awful when he was nearing the near of his Liverpool career, he was god awful in his last season, not to mention he cost us a trip to the CL Final
      No he didn't, the whole team takes responsibility for that over two legs not one mistake, remember Torres missing a 1 on 1 at the bridge aswell.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #35: May 14, 2011 10:15:04 pm
      No he didn't, the whole team takes responsibility for that over two legs not one mistake, remember Torres missing a 1 on 1 at the bridge aswell.

Im not even blaming him for the OG.....his defense was god awful in the second leg
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #36: May 14, 2011 10:33:20 pm
      Great player but his best is past.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: May 14, 2011 10:41:40 pm
      I won't bring him back, cause he's getting to old now, and he's looking for a retirement village to hang it up.

I also had a hard time trying to get over his Traore style own goal against the chavs. So no thanks. 

Quick Reply