Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 111287 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #1127: Nov 06, 2016 12:10:03 pm
      Jeez - I came in here to moan about a hamstring tear keeping me from running.

I've read the last few pages - given me head a damn good wobble and decided I'll just do some abs & core weights for a week or two and count my f#ckin' blessings.

Mucho respecto to those having a genuinely hard time - YNWA.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1128: Dec 23, 2016 01:38:32 am
      Been out of here for a while, just work being too busy and not having the time, but I thought I'd  update you all. I've put some (a lot) of weight back on, but I'm in therapy. Not as often as I'd like this month, again work, and occasionally it's group work. Whilst it's not been revealing, it has helped me with coping mechanisms and with some other issues. As for the diet issue the therapist says its a step we can leave at present. I'm feeling a lot better in general, I hope you all are too.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1129: Dec 23, 2016 02:10:10 am
      Been out of here for a while, just work being too busy and not having the time, but I thought I'd  update you all. I've put some (a lot) of weight back on, but I'm in therapy. Not as often as I'd like this month, again work, and occasionally it's group work. Whilst it's not been revealing, it has helped me with coping mechanisms and with some other issues. As for the diet issue the therapist says its a step we can leave at present. I'm feeling a lot better in general, I hope you all are too.

Hell Rodders  came in here to av a gripe read yours and thought sh*t
      Believ me when I say this comes with best wishes and intentions ,
      I've read your posts for a while and thought there's a man reaching out for help I can't give that to you I can listen and talk to you but the fight to be yourself has to come from within , if you need a someone late at night come rain or shine I can be there with some words not always the ones you want to here , you have to look into yourself  and find some steel it's in there bud you just got to find it , we have all only got one shot at this , I don't know what brought you to the low state you have been in , and I feel for any person that feels alone , here's wishing you well , fellow reds wishing you well  ,any time you feel down I'll be about here's andy wishing you well
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1130: Mar 21, 2017 11:01:10 am
      Off to France on Thursday but sadly it's for a funeral.  My wife's Uncle had been battling cancer for a while - he got diagnosed not long after he retired had sold up his house in Lancashire and moved over there with his wife.  He'd pretty much been ill with operations and chemotherapy for the last couple of years.

He was a great bloke and 69 seems relatively young these days especially when you've worked into your 60s.  He said to me a couple of weeks ago that he wouldn't live to see Liverpool win the league (he was a Blackburn fan) and I said don't worry because there's a good chance I wouldn't either!

So anyway - fellas if there is anything wrong with you don't hold off going the doctor (like he did and then it was too advanced).

RIP Keith.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1131: Mar 21, 2017 12:03:53 pm
      Sorry to hear about your sad news JD. Hope all goes well at the funeral.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1132: Mar 21, 2017 02:46:13 pm
      Off to France on Thursday but sadly it's for a funeral.  My wife's Uncle had been battling cancer for a while - he got diagnosed not long after he retired had sold up his house in Lancashire and moved over there with his wife.  He'd pretty much been ill with operations and chemotherapy for the last couple of years.

He was a great bloke and 69 seems relatively young these days especially when you've worked into your 60s.  He said to me a couple of weeks ago that he wouldn't live to see Liverpool win the league (he was a Blackburn fan) and I said don't worry because there's a good chance I wouldn't either!

So anyway - fellas if there is anything wrong with you don't hold off going the doctor (like he did and then it was too advanced).

RIP Keith.

Sorry to hear the news John, goes to show we shouldn't take anyway for granted  :( hope all goes well for the funeral.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1133: Mar 21, 2017 08:39:01 pm
      Really sorry to hear that, JD. Give our love to the family mate. RIP Keith.

Rodders. Thanks so much for sharing your feelings last year. It takes an almighty amount of courage to open up like that. I was in awe, mate. Keep taking small steps. They go a long way. At times you'll no doubt lose motivation but keep engaging with services and learn your strategies well.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1134: Apr 01, 2017 05:47:10 am
      Been up all night with the sickness bug that's doing the rounds feeling drained is an understatement.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1135: Apr 01, 2017 07:42:03 am
      Been up all night with the sickness bug that's doing the rounds feeling drained is an understatement.

Andy I hope you are over the bug now and you have passed it on to all the Everton squad.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1136: Apr 01, 2017 08:13:28 am
      My nan had a huge heart attack last Monday, she was recovering well though, had a stent put in and was looking better. Then, whilst still in recovery, she had kidney issues, they started treating her and it was initially looking better. They then discovered a mass in her kidneys, which wasn't so good and that mass has spread, her entire torso is riddled. I didn't think it would hit me this hard, she's had a good innings, but she is also my last grandparent.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1137: Apr 01, 2017 08:18:01 am
      My nan had a huge heart attack last Monday, she was recovering well though, had a stent put in and was looking better. Then, whilst still in recovery, she had kidney issues, they started treating her and it was initially looking better. They then discovered a mass in her kidneys, which wasn't so good and that mass has spread, her entire torso is riddled. I didn't think it would hit me this hard, she's had a good innings, but she is also my last grandparent.

Sorry to hear that Stu.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1138: Apr 01, 2017 08:45:50 am
      Andy I hope you are over the bug now and you have passed it on to all the Everton squad.

Nah lets beat them fairly  mate be all the sweeter .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1139: Apr 01, 2017 09:05:37 am

All the best to you Rodders just be there buddy .
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1140: Apr 01, 2017 09:07:51 am

All the best to you Rodders just be there buddy .

Cheers
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1141: Apr 01, 2017 09:08:21 am
      My dad got rushed in thursday with heart problems , and the worst part is we have all had this bug so I cant even go the hospital , we talked about the game last night and hes more down about missing that than being in there ,
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #1142: Apr 01, 2017 12:25:24 pm
      Wishing your dad a speedy recovery, Andy.

Stu , sorry to hear about your Nan.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2017 09:09:57 pm by Firepool »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1143: Apr 01, 2017 08:02:49 pm

So sorry to hear your news Stu, that's tough news to take hun, my thoughts are with you and the family.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1144: Apr 01, 2017 08:05:43 pm
      My dad got rushed in thursday with heart problems , and the worst part is we have all had this bug so I cant even go the hospital , we talked about the game last night and hes more down about missing that than being in there ,

Sorry to hear Andy but I hope that result today will have cheered him up xx
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1145: Apr 01, 2017 08:35:21 pm
      Sorry to hear Andy but I hope that result today will have cheered him up xx

Had to give him a running commentary  he just phoned to say there a guy in there in his manc top he's booked his place for motd can see that goin down well  , thsnks cas hope you had a boss day well I know you did because we proper turned up for the derby .
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1146: Apr 01, 2017 08:39:43 pm
      Had to give him a running commentary  he just phoned to say there a guy in there in his manc top he's booked his place for motd can see that goin down well  , thsnks cas hope you had a boss day well I know you did because we proper turned up for the derby .

Hope he gives the manc a ton of stick !!  :D We turned on the magic today Andy and as the Kop reminded the bitters, Liverpool are magic Everton are tragic.... as our Emlyn once told us  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1147: Apr 02, 2017 02:26:30 pm

All the best rodders
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1148: Apr 06, 2017 09:16:01 pm
      Would have been my mums 74th birthday today, just overwhelmed with thoughts that i could have done more when she was alive and that i wish i could have persuaded her to go to the docs earlier
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1149: May 08, 2017 12:57:45 am
      Would have been my mums 74th birthday today, just overwhelmed with thoughts that i could have done more when she was alive and that i wish i could have persuaded her to go to the docs earlier

Just came in to say my own sad stuff and seen this.

As sad as you are just cherish your memories mate. You can't change sh*t but what you can do is smile when looking back at the good and happy memories that are your's.

Belated big love mate.

Quick Reply