Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 112175 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #46: May 12, 2011 10:03:14 am
      Cheers all.

Just wanted to give you all a bit of an update regarding my Uncles death and a very nice gesture from Liverpool Football Club.

Well as you all know my Uncle died on Monday and in between making arrangements for his funeral this Tuesday, My Cousin Elliot who's only 15 years old and has been a rock at a very traumatic time for himself in helping my Aunt make all the necessary arrangements for his funeral.

In between all this Myself and Elliot got talking about My uncles ashes as he's being cremated and came up with the idea of asking the club if we could scatter some of his ashes at Anfield, after a few phone calls speaking to various people inside the club and being told it would be put through the appropriate channels and the club would get back to us in due course, the club got back to us yesterday and have given us the green light to do so.

So I'd just like to say a massive thank you to everyone at Liverpool F.C that has made this possible, Anfield was my Uncle Peters spiritual home in Life and now looks like it will be his spiritual home death too.

lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #47: May 12, 2011 10:06:22 am
      Sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.
      bradders
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      • since I was knee high to a grasshopper!
      Reply #48: May 12, 2011 06:21:36 pm
      Just found out my Uncle Died this morning, big Liverpool fan and had trials with LFC back in the 60's as a goal keeper.

Rest in peace Uncle Peter, a real top man and gentleman, You'll Never Walk Alone.

My condolences to you, all his family and friends.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #49: May 12, 2011 08:47:58 pm
      Sorry to hear your news RB, condolences to the family, made up that his ashes are being scattered at Anfield, he'd be made up with that.

I'm fed up cos I'm getting made redundant next Friday...on my birthday  :-\

Never got the job I went for on Tuesday, but am off for another interview in the morning.  Not a lot of work in my job area at the mo, panicking cos I got bills to pay......

Wish me luck folks.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #50: May 12, 2011 09:10:19 pm
      That sucks, Vicky. :(

On the bright side, you're sure to get the new job! ;) :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #51: May 12, 2011 09:15:44 pm
      Cheers all again.

Had more correspondence with LFC today they have gave us a date in August to scatter the ashes, so I'm chuffed to bits, hoping that when the fixtures are announced we may have a game a day or two following it and I might stay over and catch a game.

Sorry to hear that Smiggs but your in a good position, still in employment at the minute or you'll be recently unemployed with a recent employment history which is always more attractive to potential employers, hope everything goes well chick :)
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #52: May 13, 2011 01:59:49 pm
      Sorry to hear your news RB, condolences to the family, made up that his ashes are being scattered at Anfield, he'd be made up with that.

I'm fed up cos I'm getting made redundant next Friday...on my birthday  :-\

Never got the job I went for on Tuesday, but am off for another interview in the morning.  Not a lot of work in my job area at the mo, panicking cos I got bills to pay......

Wish me luck folks.
      That sucks. Best of luck with the job hunting Smiggs, fingers crossed.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #53: May 13, 2011 02:06:05 pm
      Aww  Smiggs, really sorry hun you didn't get the job on Tuesday, I know you wanted that one, but good luck for today, knock en dead girl  ;)

Nice one to LFC for your Uncle, Redblood, he'd have been well happy with having his ashes scattered at Anfield.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #54: May 13, 2011 02:27:37 pm
      I have such a bad tooth ache its unbearable, to make things worse i have a hot date tonight i don't know if i can go :(. I Made an appointment for the dentist but i have to wait til Monday. I'm drugged up to bits on pain killers but they don't seem to be working, anyone any idea's how to ease the pain.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #55: May 13, 2011 02:43:18 pm
      I have such a bad tooth ache its unbearable, to make things worse i have a hot date tonight i don't know if i can go :(. I Made an appointment for the dentist but i have to wait til Monday. I'm drugged up to bits on pain killers but they don't seem to be working, anyone any idea's how to ease the pain.

Oh god Kenny, I can sympathise with you so much, toothache is one of the worst pains there is, and I think we all forget how painful it is until you get it.....have you tried clove oil? it numbs the pain for a few hours, just dab some on some cotton wool and hold agasinst the tooth.

It might just get you through the night, good luck hun.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #56: May 13, 2011 02:49:57 pm
      Oh god Kenny, I can sympathise with you so much, toothache is one of the worst pains there is, and I think we all forget how painful it is until you get it.....have you tried clove oil? it numbs the pain for a few hours, just dab some on some cotton wool and hold agasinst the tooth.

It might just get you through the night, good luck hun.
      Cas its a nightmare i don't remember ever having one before I'm actually fortunate when it comes to been sick etc. I'll ring me mammy now and see if she has any clove oil  :D Thanks for the info Cas, you're a gem  ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #57: May 13, 2011 02:53:17 pm
      Cas its a nightmare i don't remember ever having one before I'm actually fortunate when it comes to been sick etc. I'll ring me mammy now and see if she has any clove oil  :D Thanks for the info Cas, you're a gem  ;)

It's not an abcess is it Kenny? Cos they are very painful, if your Mum hasn't got any, you can get it from any chemist. Hope you feel better soon, also it helps if you apply heat to the area, not to hot but a water bottle against your face will help too.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #58: May 13, 2011 02:55:17 pm
      Walking out of the dole this morning and knowing I'm back to signing on for the time being. Ah well F**k it, party for me mates 21st tomorrow, Liverpool sunday and a good arl job hunt starting Monday.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #59: May 13, 2011 03:01:03 pm
      It's not an abcess is it Kenny? Cos they are very painful, if your Mum hasn't got any, you can get it from any chemist. Hope you feel better soon, also it helps if you apply heat to the area, not to hot but a water bottle against your face will help too.
      It could be Cas i hope not, i haven't been to a dentist since i was 12 yrs old (shocking i know) just rang my ma there and she has none so ill fly down to the chemist now. Ill try the water bottle aswell, do you think ill look stupid holding it against my face tonight :f_tongueincheek:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #60: May 13, 2011 03:19:17 pm
      Good luck Billy with sorting out a job hun...all the best.

Don't go out with a hot water bottle attached to your face Kenny  :f_whistle: she won't be able to kiss you  ;)
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #61: May 13, 2011 03:25:20 pm
      Good luck Billy with sorting out a job hun...all the best.

Don't go out with a hot water bottle attached to your face Kenny  :f_whistle: she won't be able to kiss you  ;)
      But i never kiss on the first date Cas. :f_tongueincheek:

:D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #62: May 13, 2011 03:30:57 pm
      But i never kiss on the first date Cas. :f_tongueincheek:

:D

Fibber  ;) :laugh:
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #63: May 13, 2011 04:07:09 pm
      Kenny, does the area where you live not have an emergency dentist that you can contact? Have a look in the phone book or contact your local NHS walk in centre (if you have one) even your GP as they might have a contact number for you.

If you manage to find one lay it on thick (although it doesn't sound like you need to) Getting late in the day now though, as the earlier you contact them the more lkely that they will fit you in the same day. Worth a try though mate.

Failing that, as Cas said, clove oil and painkillers are your only other option. Good luck.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #64: May 14, 2011 03:53:22 pm
      What's the frequency Kenneth? Did you go on the date?
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #65: May 14, 2011 04:04:30 pm
      Cheers Dave but i left it too late for the emergency dentist, I'm managing OK now even though I'm high as a Kuyt on painkillers  :D

Ye Kenneth it went very well actually she's a cracking looking bird mate, I played the "poor me" game with her because of the tooth and she was very sympathetic  :P, I'm invited to a 50th tonight she be there, it be wrong not to go ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #66: May 14, 2011 04:07:07 pm
      Good man!! Have a good one mate.  ;)
      Lukemeister
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      • Anything is possible
      Reply #67: May 14, 2011 11:36:08 pm
      Found out a friend of mine had a bad car crash this morning and is intensive care :/, hoping she'll be out soon though.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #68: May 15, 2011 12:45:53 am
      Found out a friend of mine had a bad car crash this morning and is intensive care :/, hoping she'll be out soon though.

Thoughts are with you, my sister is still recovering from her bad crash.

Quick Reply