Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 112428 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #92: May 19, 2011 05:58:40 pm
      Haha, thanks Cas. I love my car but if it wasn't for my kids living so far away, I'd sell it and make do. Not really an option for me though.
      Oh and no, I wasn't after sympathy at all, it's just good to air these things sometimes.

I know you weren't hun, and yes, it's good to get these things off your chest, a problem shared is a problem halved.

Feel for you Rep. I know what you mean. Money may not buy happiness, but lack of it can and the stress associated with it can certainly F**k you up. Biggest strains in my marriage are largely financial related

I think the majority of problems between couples are money related problems...that and problems with kids  :roll:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #93: May 19, 2011 07:44:40 pm
      Rep, feel for you mate.  I've been like that in the past, its hard isnt it mate?  The only thing I can think of is maybe topping up your wages.  Depending on how much you earn and how many hours you work, you may be able to top your money up with Working Tax Credits or have you looked into getting Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit?  You've probably done all this though  :-\

What about getting a one bedroomed apartment and having a sofa bed for when the kids come to stay?  Wish I could help you hun, nothing worse than being skint  >:(   Big hugs Rep  :hug:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #94: May 19, 2011 07:46:09 pm
      Hemorrhoids.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #95: May 19, 2011 07:53:55 pm
      Rep, feel for you mate.  I've been like that in the past, its hard isnt it mate?  The only thing I can think of is maybe topping up your wages.  Depending on how much you earn and how many hours you work, you may be able to top your money up with Working Tax Credits or have you looked into getting Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit?  You've probably done all this though  :-\

Yeah, Smiggs, looked into all that before. I'm the 'non-resident parent' and therefore have to pay maintenance but I'm entitled to bugger all. Also, my wages are over the benefits threshold but not by enough to make up for not getting them, if that makes sense?

What about getting a one bedroomed apartment and having a sofa bed for when the kids come to stay?  Wish I could help you hun, nothing worse than being skint  >:(   Big hugs Rep  :hug:

I could but I suppose that would be similar to the idea of renting my second room to a mate.

Thanks for trying though x

Anusol.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #96: May 19, 2011 07:57:33 pm

Got to some cream left from when my brother suffered with them, so using that at the mo, but F**k me, Tuesday couldn't sit properly,  was just in F***ing agony.

LFCexiled
      Reply #97: May 19, 2011 08:03:31 pm

That's a myth, the actual true remedy that works 100% of the time is a magic lotion called 'deep freeze'. Just rub it on twice a day and they'll be gone in no time. ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #98: May 19, 2011 08:06:06 pm
      You know that one of the major causes is modern, Western toilets? We're not supposed to sit like that. Hemorrhoids are very rare in most of Africa, for example because they squat over a hole. A foot stool in front of your toilet will help to an extent.... so will shitting in your garden.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #99: May 19, 2011 08:38:48 pm
      .... so will shitting in your garden.

:lmao:

:drinking: ...that's when good neighbours.........becom e good friends. 
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #100: May 19, 2011 08:40:38 pm
      :lmao:

:drinking: ...that's when good neighbours.........becom e good friends. 
      Are you talking from experience?
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #101: May 19, 2011 08:42:20 pm
      Haha, thanks Cas. I love my car but if it wasn't for my kids living so far away, I'd sell it and make do. Not really an option for me though.
      Oh and no, I wasn't after sympathy at all, it's just good to air these things sometimes.

Keep your head up lad,good things come to those who wait.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #102: May 19, 2011 08:44:00 pm
      Are you talking from experience?

You'd have to ask my neighbour, Shitey McDeficate.

We'll have to leave Rep, we're dragging this thread up. ;)
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #103: May 19, 2011 08:46:13 pm
      Damn. Sorry to hear that, Rep. What a sh*t situation to be in.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #104: May 19, 2011 08:47:29 pm
      Rep, feel for you mate.  I've been like that in the past, its hard isnt it mate?  The only thing I can think of is maybe topping up your wages.  Depending on how much you earn and how many hours you work, you may be able to top your money up with Working Tax Credits or have you looked into getting Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit?  You've probably done all this though  :-\

What about getting a one bedroomed apartment and having a sofa bed for when the kids come to stay?  Wish I could help you hun, nothing worse than being skint  >:(   Big hugs Rep  :hug:

Rep my mate just texted me this bet for the weekend.I am throwing a 20 on it.Have a look might be a nice little earner.

Liverpool,Blackpool,Wolves,Malaga,Udinese forcast.
      All to win the weekend 290/1 well worth a €50 get you €14,500 nice if all went well for the last game of the season. :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #105: May 19, 2011 08:51:18 pm
      Thanks all, I'll keep plugging away.

As for that bet, you've put me in a difficult situation now. I can't afford to go gambling money away but if I don't put anything on that now and it comes in....  :f_wah:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #106: May 19, 2011 09:51:10 pm
      You know that one of the major causes is modern, Western toilets? We're not supposed to sit like that. Hemorrhoids are very rare in most of Africa, for example because they squat over a hole. A foot stool in front of your toilet will help to an extent.... so will shitting in your garden.

Agree with you rep, when a child needs to go to the toilet they naturally adopt the squat position, read somewhere where israeli doctors discovered that squatting whilst going to the loo takes the strain of your internal organs, squatting actually aides an easy discharge.

Huyton get yourself one of those muslim toilets mate.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #107: May 19, 2011 10:51:23 pm
      Rep, You'll Never Walk Alone. Just remember that mate.

And HR - I've heard tabasco sauce rubbed onto your 'roids is a good one. Make sure you post a pic of your face 30 seconds after you do it though, won't you? ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #108: May 19, 2011 10:51:43 pm
      Huyton get yourself one of those muslim toilets mate.

Are you trying to say Huyton is a shithole Shabs? I used to live there, it's a nice place.

>:D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #109: May 19, 2011 11:02:12 pm

I've had a wedge inserted by loo for years now, at a 45 degree angle. Not sure about the 'roids, but it's meant to aid your evacuations.  If any ones having any trouble for any other reason, just have yourself a couple of bowls of All-Bran washed down with Prune Juice, problem sorted.....
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #110: May 20, 2011 07:57:22 pm
      Yeah, Smiggs, looked into all that before. I'm the 'non-resident parent' and therefore have to pay maintenance but I'm entitled to bugger all. Also, my wages are over the benefits threshold but not by enough to make up for not getting them, if that makes sense?

I could but I suppose that would be similar to the idea of renting my second room to a mate.

Thanks for trying though x
      Anusol.

Are you sure your wages are over the threshold for the Working Tax Credits Rep?  There are 2 types of Tax Credits now, Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit.  They used to be lumped together and called Family Tax Credit but its different now.  Has been like that since 2006 ish.   The CTC goes to the parent responsible for the child and who claims the Child Benefit.

You can claim WTC if your working 30 hours or more and aged 25+.  If you have a disability, the hours drop to 16 per week. 

Might be worth taking a slight drop in wages to get all the benefits and for you to be better off - sounds mad I know, but that's our benefits system for you !   ;)  ;D

In the work I do, my clients go to the Job Centre and get a 'Better Off Calculation' done, basically to see what hours and what wage they must do to be better off.  Sometimes its not worth doing the extra hours or having the slightly better paid job as you lose too much.

Hope things work out for you hun xx
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #111: May 20, 2011 07:59:59 pm
      Might be worth taking a slight drop in wages to get all the benefits and for you to be better off - sounds mad I know, but that's our benefits system for you !   ;)  ;D
      True but that means sacrificing potential career progression as well. I'll look into it though.

By the way, the quote from me that you used in your post makes it looks like I signed off with the name Anusol, ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #112: May 20, 2011 08:03:12 pm
      True but that means sacrificing potential career progression as well. I'll look into it though.

By the way, the quote from me that you used in your post makes it looks like I signed off with the name Anusol, ;D

:lmao:  So it does !! 

How many hours do you work?  If your working well over the 30 then it might be worth dropping your hours slightly (but not below 30), consequently your wages would drop possibly making you eligible.  ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #113: May 20, 2011 08:04:25 pm
      My basic week is 40 hours. Dropping hours wouldn't be a possibility here. May be hard to believe but I'm actually quite useful to the company, ;D.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #114: May 20, 2011 08:06:22 pm
      That really blows Rep, sorry to hear that. I knew you weren't doing great with money, but didn't realize it was that bad. Reasons like that is why i hate seeing the Royal Weddings. F***ing spend millions upon millions just for two rich kids to get married, when good people are out there struggling.

As Gow said, just remember you'll never walk alone. Always here for a laugh and a chat!

Quick Reply