Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 114594 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #989: Sep 19, 2015 12:12:42 pm

Not on here last few days sorry to hear about your dad Debs. Best wishes to you and yours at this sad time.

YNWA.

Bit late reading this, as I haven't been on much here lately. But sorry for your loss Debs, all the best wishes to you and your family.

Sorry to hear your sad news Debs.

I hope it was some comfort all the family being by your Dad's side.

Only just seen.

Big love Debs, very sorry to hear this. Thoughts with you and the family.

Thank you again everyone.

Can't believe it's only been a week, it feels so much longer than that.  I finally broke on Thursday night having held it together whilst sorting out all the legalities and funeral arrangements but I'm quite proud at how much I've achieved in such a short time.

My Dad was a proper party animal, an impeccable host and nothing was too much trouble.  Up until last Christmas he'd always insisted on having all his family for the day, even though there's now 22 of us.  He did everything for the meal including making the cake, the pudding, mince pies, the stuffing and the apple sauce.  The table, actually 3 tables pushed together, was immaculate, finished with individual place names and the food was fantastic.  We kind of realised the end was near when he decided not to do that last Christmas.

So with that in mind the "theme" for the funeral is big, loud and fun.  It will reflect his love of sports, his 'up yours' character, his love for the ladies and his proud military past.  He's arriving to Sinatra's My Way, hymns include Abide with Me and Jerusalem and he'll be lowered into the grave to an Army Buglar playing The Last Post.  As for his ladies, one of the pall bearers is a very special lady, a close family friend who Dad gave away when she got married.  He honoured her at a special time, it's only fitting she gets to honour him now.  We have a lady vicar and we're having none of that black, mourning dresses mallarky, we're going full on glam.

I'm happy with that, it's so Dad, trouble is I'll be in bits before he's even through the Church door.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #990: Sep 19, 2015 12:25:11 pm

Can't believe it's only been a week, it feels so much longer than that.  I finally broke on Thursday night having held it together whilst sorting out all the legalities and funeral arrangements but I'm quite proud at how much I've achieved in such a short time.

My Dad was a proper party animal, an impeccable host and nothing was too much trouble.  Up until last Christmas he'd always insisted on having all his family for the day, even though there's now 22 of us.  He did everything for the meal including making the cake, the pudding, mince pies, the stuffing and the apple sauce.  The table, actually 3 tables pushed together, was immaculate, finished with individual place names and the food was fantastic.  We kind of realised the end was near when he decided not to do that last Christmas.

So with that in mind the "theme" for the funeral is big, loud and fun.  It will reflect his love of sports, his 'up yours' character, his love for the ladies and his proud military past.  He's arriving to Sinatra's My Way, hymns include Abide with Me and Jerusalem and he'll be lowered into the grave to an Army Buglar playing The Last Post.  As for his ladies, one of the pall bearers is a very special lady, a close family friend who Dad gave away when she got married.  He honoured her at a special time, it's only fitting she gets to honour him now.  We have a lady vicar and we're having none of that black, mourning dresses mallarky, we're going full on glam.

I'm happy with that, it's so Dad, trouble is I'll be in bits before he's even through the Church door.

Sorry Debs, been busy and mostly had time to just read the sports threads. My condolences. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #991: Sep 19, 2015 01:26:27 pm

He sounds like my type of guy.

God bless to you all Deb.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #992: Sep 19, 2015 11:55:37 pm
      Debs, I have only just seen the recent posts in this topic. So sorry to hear your news, thoughts are with you and your family at this tough time. I know it's easy to say but just try and remember all the good times and that he will always be looking down on you.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #993: Sep 20, 2015 03:29:11 pm
      Sorry to hear that mate, it's just horrible to lose your job especially when it's a job you really enjoy. 

thanks debs
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #994: Sep 21, 2015 08:20:48 am
      Just been told that they company I work for will close at the end of the year and that I will be made redundant for the second time in 6 years. Feel so much for all the fantastic people I work with and the students we help and hope they will get fixed up asap. Luckily I have my health and so do my family and friends which is the most important thing but having taken so long to find such a great job it is heartbreaking to lose it.

So sorry to hear this bud, been through redundancy a couple of times, not nice, especially when you get settled into a place.

Hope things pick up for you.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #995: Sep 21, 2015 08:24:23 am

It sounds wrong to say, but hope you enjoy the day, if you get what I mean, raise a glass to your dad and send him off they way he would want you to.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      Reply #996: Sep 21, 2015 03:51:19 pm
      So sorry to hear this bud, been through redundancy a couple of times, not nice, especially when you get settled into a place.

Hope things pick up for you.

Cheers mate
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #997: Sep 21, 2015 03:59:19 pm
      Sorry Debs, been busy and mostly had time to just read the sports threads. My condolences. 

He sounds like my type of guy.

God bless to you all Deb.

Debs, I have only just seen the recent posts in this topic. So sorry to hear your news, thoughts are with you and your family at this tough time. I know it's easy to say but just try and remember all the good times and that he will always be looking down on you.

It sounds wrong to say, but hope you enjoy the day, if you get what I mean, raise a glass to your dad and send him off they way he would want you to.

Thanks everyone.  There's no doubt he'll get a good send off and there'll be many glasses raised  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #998: Sep 21, 2015 08:17:50 pm
      Just been told a friend of mine has lost his battle with stomach cancer.

Age 31, was in a band called Troumaca.

RIP Jeff.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #999: Sep 21, 2015 09:24:20 pm

RIP Jeff.

Rip to your bud Shabs  .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1000: Sep 21, 2015 09:28:50 pm

RIP Jeff.

Shocking at that age Shabs, my condolences to you and his family mate. 
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #1001: Sep 21, 2015 09:45:45 pm

RIP Jeff.

Sorry to hear your sad news mate. I guess as we get older we get more exposed to sad events and they never get any easier do they.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1002: Sep 21, 2015 09:55:42 pm

RIP Jeff.
      31! That's crazy young to die. Sorry for your loss Shane.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1003: Sep 21, 2015 09:58:08 pm

Only seeing this now. Hope you're doing alright Debbs, can't be easy.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1004: Sep 21, 2015 10:01:02 pm

RIP Jeff.

That's no age.
      Sorry for your loss.
      RIP Jeff.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1005: Sep 21, 2015 11:37:54 pm
      RIP Jeff.

Far too young.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      Reply #1006: Sep 21, 2015 11:52:02 pm

RIP Jeff.

sorry to hear that mate, cancer is such a terrible thing
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #1007: Sep 22, 2015 10:32:17 am
      Dad passed away peacefully earlier this morning.  Mum, his wife for 62 years, myself and my niece, his eldest grandchild, were with him at the end.

I've not been spending as much time as I'd like on here of late and totally missed this, I'm so so sorry to hear of the lose of your father Debs love.
      Steve
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1008: Sep 22, 2015 10:56:05 am
      Only seeing this now. Hope you're doing alright Debbs, can't be easy.

I've not been spending as much time as I'd like on here of late and totally missed this, I'm so so sorry to hear of the lose of your father Debs love.
      Steve

Thanks guys.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #1009: Sep 22, 2015 01:55:48 pm

Shocking at that age Shabs, my condolences to you and his family mate. 

Sorry to hear your sad news mate. I guess as we get older we get more exposed to sad events and they never get any easier do they.

31! That's crazy young to die. Sorry for your loss Shane.

That's no age.
      Sorry for your loss.
      RIP Jeff.

sorry to hear that mate, cancer is such a terrible thing

Thanks for the kind words.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1010: Sep 22, 2015 06:43:42 pm
      Me 'I'll be out of work before 4 today'

Reality 'nope'
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1011: Sep 22, 2015 06:45:03 pm

RIP Jeff.

Horrible news mate. Happened to my best mate a few years ago before he even hit 20. Life is cruel. RIP Jeff.

Quick Reply