Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 112477 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #782: Mar 13, 2014 05:05:11 pm
      Cheltenham has me feeling very down. F**k sake.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #783: Mar 14, 2014 08:07:13 pm
      Tonsillitis.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #784: Mar 14, 2014 08:09:40 pm
      Cheltenham has me feeling very down. F**k sake.

Absolutely done my bollocks today, grim.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #785: Mar 15, 2014 11:02:46 am

Had a 33/1 winner yesterday and a couple of places. Down for the week but at least I ended it on a good day.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #786: Mar 15, 2014 11:06:55 am

Had a 33/1 winner yesterday and a couple of places. Down for the week but at least I ended it on a good day.

Ahhhh now I see.

Had no f#ckin idea what to say to you Mick when I saw your original post.....
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #787: Mar 21, 2014 11:39:16 pm
      Flicked sport relief on.. I'm in bits watching some of this stuff.

Anyone who is a shitty little Englander (or wherever) only needs to watch this type of thing.. Only by the grace of god we are born where we are.. I have respect for anyone who will break away from where they are to improve their and their family's lives.

In the current times we live how can there be so much difference still between one group of people's lives and another's.

I feel so sorry for some of these children
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #788: Mar 29, 2014 10:04:23 am
      been promoted at work, but really not sure that I should have accepted it, really think I'm out of my depth, causing me sleepless nights, love the company and the people I work with but I'm scared I'll let people down, people seem to have more faith in me than I do. Toying about going to the docs about the dark thoughts I'm having at the moment
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #789: Mar 29, 2014 10:53:04 am
      been promoted at work, but really not sure that I should have accepted it, really think I'm out of my depth, causing me sleepless nights, love the company and the people I work with but I'm scared I'll let people down, people seem to have more faith in me than I do. Toying about going to the docs about the dark thoughts I'm having at the moment

Mate people obviously have faith in you for a reason, they must believe in you and your ability.. Try and use that as a positive rather than additional pressure.

Take a step back for the new role and look at what is actually being asked of you, organise it in your head first and get on top of it bit by bit.

But if you find it's too much then speak to them, your health is more important and no one will think bad of you if you take a step back.

Hope you get through it lad
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #790: Mar 29, 2014 10:56:45 am

Have a chat with your immediate Manager mate, they obviously saw something in you to offer you the job in the first place.  Sometimes it's hard to know whether you're doing a good job or not and insecurities are nearly always self inflicted.

Reassurance can work wonders when you're having self doubts.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #791: Mar 29, 2014 11:25:46 am

I've been in a similar position myself. It's not that I have incredibly low self-esteem, it's just the for some reason, I tend to look at jobs above mine and think that there must be a lot to the roles and doubt that I would be able to do them.
      Nowadays I work for a smaller company. I mean the parent company is huge but the plant I work at only has, say 60 people there whereas I used to work with thousands. Being at a smaller place where I can get to know people and observe their work has taught me something, just say yes and then learn on the job!
      The majority of people in roles above mine are no more intelligent than me but play the game and blag their way into positions. Whatever your new position is, you'll pick it up over time and as long as you don't become arrogant with it, colleagues will be fine with that.
      Personally I'm only in a low-level white collar position but as I work nights, I'm essentially in charge of the whole plant at night, Production, Logistics and Security. It seemed daunting at first but some days now I think, "Is this it?"
      I think your doubts are normal, just stick with it and one day you'll wonder why you were ever worried about it.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #792: Mar 30, 2014 04:27:01 am
      I wouldn't be surprised to see John Terry post in this thread.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3421 
      Reply #793: Apr 01, 2014 04:54:55 pm
      I've been in a similar position myself. It's not that I have incredibly low self-esteem, it's just the for some reason, I tend to look at jobs above mine and think that there must be a lot to the roles and doubt that I would be able to do them.
      Nowadays I work for a smaller company. I mean the parent company is huge but the plant I work at only has, say 60 people there whereas I used to work with thousands. Being at a smaller place where I can get to know people and observe their work has taught me something, just say yes and then learn on the job!
      The majority of people in roles above mine are no more intelligent than me but play the game and blag their way into positions. Whatever your new position is, you'll pick it up over time and as long as you don't become arrogant with it, colleagues will be fine with that.
      Personally I'm only in a low-level white collar position but as I work nights, I'm essentially in charge of the whole plant at night, Production, Logistics and Security. It seemed daunting at first but some days now I think, "Is this it?"
      I think your doubts are normal, just stick with it and one day you'll wonder why you were ever worried about it.

thanks mate, trying to day it one day at a time, I do have really low self esteem but when I feel good I'm almost bouncing, it's the downs I can't handle and they're getting worse.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #794: Apr 15, 2014 02:38:16 am

Here's a bit of advice mate. Don't expect any namby pamby shoulder patting bollocks from me though, i just tell it like it is.

Let's look at the facts.

Fact 1 - You were promoted.

Reason for promotion? I'd guess they thought that you were wasted doing the job you were doing before ( i don't even know what you do?) and decided to give you more responsibility. I highly doubt they did this just to make you feel good, they did it because they wanted you to do it.

Fact 2 - You accepted it.

Now i am no quantum physicist by any stretch of the imagination but i reckon you wouldn't have taken the promotion if you flat out thought you couldn't do the job. The only thing that is different is the job itself.

Fact 3 - They have faith in you.

You admit that they have faith in you, that much is obvious with the promotion they offered you. Did they ask you to compete with others in an interview process? No they didn't. This promotion was obviously based on their observations of you in a working capacity.

It's strange isn't it? When you didn't know they were watching your every move when scoping you out for a promotion you were happy in your work and relaxed. Now that you know they were watching you the dynamic has changed and so has your perception of the duties you perform. Instead of just relaxing and getting on with the job, the knowledge of their observation of you has heightened your anxiety and affected your natural rhythm.

As for the dark thoughts, we all have them. It's fear of failure and is nothing to be scared of, you have to turn that fear into a positive energy and use it to drive you on. Just crack on with it, what's the worst that could happen?

If it doesn't work out then at least you've tried. It's better than jacking it in and sitting on your arse in 6 months time and wondering what if?

Go in with a negative attitude and you'll get a negative result, go in with a positive attitude and well, you know the rest.

Like i said, you didn't ask for this promotion, they chose you. Remember that. They chose you.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #795: Apr 15, 2014 02:40:39 am
      After yesterday, absolutely nothing has me down.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #796: Apr 18, 2014 04:27:14 am
      Back ache.
      I've got four days off work, the weather forecast is good and I'm with my kids, at my parents' house in the Peak District. I really wanted to bring my bike up so we could all get out for a good ride and my lad has brought his football ready for a kick about.
      Instead it looks like I'll spend most of my time dosed up on painkillers, sitting with my lower back pressed against a hot water bottle  :(
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #797: Apr 19, 2014 02:45:10 am
      My idiot husband
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3421 
      Reply #798: Apr 19, 2014 10:47:59 am
      Here's a bit of advice mate. Don't expect any namby pamby shoulder patting bollocks from me though, i just tell it like it is.

Let's look at the facts.

Fact 1 - You were promoted.

Reason for promotion? I'd guess they thought that you were wasted doing the job you were doing before ( i don't even know what you do?) and decided to give you more responsibility. I highly doubt they did this just to make you feel good, they did it because they wanted you to do it.

Fact 2 - You accepted it.

Now i am no quantum physicist by any stretch of the imagination but i reckon you wouldn't have taken the promotion if you flat out thought you couldn't do the job. The only thing that is different is the job itself.

Fact 3 - They have faith in you.

You admit that they have faith in you, that much is obvious with the promotion they offered you. Did they ask you to compete with others in an interview process? No they didn't. This promotion was obviously based on their observations of you in a working capacity.

It's strange isn't it? When you didn't know they were watching your every move when scoping you out for a promotion you were happy in your work and relaxed. Now that you know they were watching you the dynamic has changed and so has your perception of the duties you perform. Instead of just relaxing and getting on with the job, the knowledge of their observation of you has heightened your anxiety and affected your natural rhythm.

As for the dark thoughts, we all have them. It's fear of failure and is nothing to be scared of, you have to turn that fear into a positive energy and use it to drive you on. Just crack on with it, what's the worst that could happen?

If it doesn't work out then at least you've tried. It's better than jacking it in and sitting on your arse in 6 months time and wondering what if?

Go in with a negative attitude and you'll get a negative result, go in with a positive attitude and well, you know the rest.

Like i said, you didn't ask for this promotion, they chose you. Remember that. They chose you.

of course you're right and deep down I know it, it's a full on job and the amount of work has left me a bit frazzled but as I said I know what you're saying is right but logic was never one of my strong points
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #799: Apr 19, 2014 04:15:44 pm

It's your fault, you shouldn't have married him for his looks. ;)  #Himbo
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #800: Apr 19, 2014 07:30:04 pm
      of course you're right and deep down I know it, it's a full on job and the amount of work has left me a bit frazzled but as I said I know what you're saying is right but logic was never one of my strong points

Of course you can do it mate. You're a Liverpool supporter!  :gt-happyup:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #801: Apr 19, 2014 09:24:03 pm
      Of course you can do it mate. You're a Liverpool supporter!  :gt-happyup:

Completely random and off-topic but was your post count reset at some point, HCS? Thought you had way more posts than that  ???

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #802: Apr 22, 2014 02:17:04 am
      Completely random and off-topic but was your post count reset at some point, HCS? Thought you had way more posts than that  ???

No mate. Been off here for a while as my youngest son was diagnosed as autistic and we've been fighting the local authorities to get sufficient provisions in place to aid him and other kids in the ASD ( Autistic Spectrum Disorder ) units. The Council tried closing them last month but all the community clubbed together and did a mass demonstration outside the Council meeting with TV crews and local media present and the Council kept them open for now.

We are currently self funding ABA ( Applied Behavioural Analysis ) therapy on top of his normal schooling at the unit and it's costing me about £300 a week. I don't mind paying because he's my son but other local authorities and counties are funding the therapy in the units but not where we live.

It's a long long story mate. My missus has been campaigning like f**k wherever she can and we also had a piece published in the Sunday Times but they edited the f**k out of it. About 10% of what we actually wrote. We are in the process of making a complaint because we feel our views were not represented fully. I doubt anything will come of it but we are going to try.

We are trying to get the ABA program implemented in the curriculum but there are only a few parents who have the bottle and determination to put up a fight and then there are those who just want to sit on the fence and don't want to upset the apple cart.

It's been a long long process and i can see why some parents give up, but they are not going to f**k me or my family over. The progress our son has made has been astounding. Without the therapy he'd be so far behind.

Anyway, good to hear from you Rep, hope all is good with you and yours?

Edit: I did have some posts removed, but that's best left to rest mate.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #803: Apr 22, 2014 06:41:31 am

Bloody hell, mate, no wonder you've been quiet. Glad you're managing to find a way to get your lad some help at least but you shouldn't have to go through all that. It's the usual story of postcode lottery, some get, some don't. In the meantime, kids suffer.

I'm not too bad thanks, other than the above moan. I could rattle on about several 'problems' but they're nothing like the sh*t you and yours are going through. Let's just say if I was told today that my ex (mother of my kids) had been hit by a bus, my only question would be to check that the kids were alright!
      In fact, do any of you own a bus...?!

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #804: Apr 28, 2014 08:22:11 am
      After watching that Chelsea shower of sh*te take/rob 3 points off us I have been feeling down or should that be angry all day. :f_steam:

Quick Reply