Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 112300 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #1035: Dec 06, 2015 10:36:37 am
      My son's nursery is under about 3 foot of water.

Overnight flooding?.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1036: Dec 06, 2015 11:04:52 am

Plymouth mate, a lot of the people i worked with are now fixed for jobs. I would look a bit further afield but i don't drive. Trying to improve my interview techniques as i have had about 7 or 8 with more to come. Thanks for the kind words folks, i tend to get a bit down at times anyway and this doesn't help.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #1037: Dec 06, 2015 11:43:40 am
      Plymouth mate, a lot of the people i worked with are now fixed for jobs. I would look a bit further afield but i don't drive. Trying to improve my interview techniques as i have had about 7 or 8 with more to come. Thanks for the kind words folks, i tend to get a bit down at times anyway and this doesn't help.

Chin up buddy, if you ever up sticks towards London or Brum let me know.

Keep up the good work with interviews.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,649 posts | 6945 
      Reply #1038: Dec 06, 2015 11:51:10 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #1039: Dec 06, 2015 12:03:24 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1040: Dec 06, 2015 12:17:57 pm

Not sure where that is but it looks like it may be just outside Carlisle, down River Eden way.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-12-06/storm-desmond-aerial-images-show-carlisle-floods/

Breaks my heart seeing towns like Carlisle, Appleby and Keswick submerged. Some amazing and beautiful places spent there as a kid on holidays. A beautiful county is Cumbria. Such a shame.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #1041: Dec 06, 2015 12:37:18 pm
      Not sure where that is but it looks like it may be just outside Carlisle, down River Eden way.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-12-06/storm-desmond-aerial-images-show-carlisle-floods/

Breaks my heart seeing towns like Carlisle, Appleby and Keswick submerged. Some amazing and beautiful places spent there as a kid on holidays. A beautiful county is Cumbria. Such a shame.

Our climate is changing, we seem to be more wetter than ever & what were 4 seasons seem to to be now rolled into one cold wet with a bit of sun season all year round.

The government need to do more to protect vulnerable places with either renewing the underground water systems or flood defence mechanisms.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      Reply #1042: Dec 12, 2015 11:01:41 am
      Chin up buddy, if you ever up sticks towards London or Brum let me know.

Keep up the good work with interviews.

Cheers mate, doesn't help when you go to an interview which you  think goes well, and then see the same job being advertised again before you hear back from them.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #1043: Dec 17, 2015 09:12:36 am
      For the people who know me I'd like to let you know my mother passed away this peacefully this morning in hospital.
      We had to make a dash home from Luxembourg on Monday night when we knew she was going but it was expected and not much of a shock at least we got chance to say our goodbyes.
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2015 10:03:50 am by frizzby5 »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1044: Dec 17, 2015 10:17:30 am
      For the people who know me I'd like to let you know my mother passed away this peacefully this morning in hospital.
      We had to make a dash home from Luxembourg on Monday night when we knew she was going but it was expected and not much of a shock at least we got chance to say our goodbyes.

So sorry to hear that Steve mate big hugs, thoughts and prayers are with you, Bev and especially Lucy xx

You know where we are mate if you need anything.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #1045: Dec 17, 2015 10:54:04 am
      For the people who know me I'd like to let you know my mother passed away this peacefully this morning in hospital, we had to make a dash home from Luxembourg on Monday night when we knew she was going but it was expected and not much of a shock at least we got chance to say our goodbyes.

Sorry to hear about your loss mate, it's difficult when it's your mother.

Thoughts and prayers with you and the family.

YNWA.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1046: Dec 17, 2015 11:53:45 am
      Very sorry to hear that mate. Thoughts with you and the family.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,649 posts | 6945 
      Reply #1047: Dec 17, 2015 01:59:09 pm

Very sorry to hear your news.  Thoughts with you and your family mate.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #1048: Dec 17, 2015 02:11:09 pm
      Sorry to read that mate , all the best wishes to you and all the family ,

MsGerrard
      Reply #1049: Dec 17, 2015 09:59:59 pm
      Sorry to hear your news Frizz....thinking of you and the family xxx
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #1050: Dec 18, 2015 01:24:49 am
      Sorry to hear, frizzby5. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1051: Dec 18, 2015 01:59:52 am

Sorry for your loss Frizz.
      My nan was the same this year.
      We knew it was coming but it still sucks.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1052: Dec 18, 2015 02:31:52 pm
      Sorry for your loss Frizz mate!

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1053: Dec 18, 2015 02:37:29 pm
      So sorry to hear of your loss Steve, thoughts are with you and yours at this very sad time.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #1054: Dec 19, 2015 08:23:44 pm
      So sorry to hear that Steve mate big hugs, thoughts and prayers are with you, Bev and especially Lucy xx

You know where we are mate if you need anything.

Sorry to hear about your loss mate, it's difficult when it's your mother.

Thoughts and prayers with you and the family.

YNWA.

Very sorry to hear that mate. Thoughts with you and the family.

Very sorry to hear your news.  Thoughts with you and your family mate.

Sorry to read that mate , all the best wishes to you and all the family ,

Sorry to hear your news Frizz....thinking of you and the family xxx

Sorry to hear, frizzby5. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sorry for your loss Frizz.
      My nan was the same this year.
      We knew it was coming but it still sucks.

So sorry to hear of your loss Steve, thoughts are with you and yours at this very sad time.

Thank you, ALL of you, hurting at the moment but know I'll get through this, meeting with the minister (very close family friend) tomorrow afternoon so will miss the match as well, family and friends like you will see me through though so catch you all later.
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2015 08:56:52 pm by frizzby5 »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      Reply #1055: Dec 24, 2015 09:52:44 am
      Oh well that was hard work, last day at work and felt so much more emotional than expected. Especially hard to say goodbye to one of of my closest friends at work who i probably have to admit I am in love with but as she is married nothing would come of it.  Promised I would try to make it for the rest of my team's last day at the end of January. Didn't whether to laugh or cry when my boss handed me my christmas card and my P45. Really trying to keep myself together or I will need to go to the docs as I think I may need to face facts that I may need help to control my emotions which go up and down pretty dramatically and quickly. Hopefully I will find work soon as I am scared about spending time on my own and love day to day contact with friends etc. So sorry to hear about your loss Frizz, puts things in perspective
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,649 posts | 6945 
      Reply #1056: Dec 24, 2015 11:50:56 am
      Oh well that was hard work, last day at work and felt so much more emotional than expected.

Christmas is a pretty emotional/stressful time as it is mate so I'm sure that's adding to it.  Leaving a job and colleagues who have become varying degrees of friends is a major life event so don't think that being affected by it is unusual - it's natural.  It's a big event.

I suppose a positive way to look at it is that life would be fairly boring without these relatively major events (or bumps) along the roads.  Wishing you all the best for the new year and beyond. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      Reply #1057: Dec 24, 2015 02:23:18 pm
      Christmas is a pretty emotional/stressful time as it is mate so I'm sure that's adding to it.  Leaving a job and colleagues who have become varying degrees of friends is a major life event so don't think that being affected by it is unusual - it's natural.  It's a big event.

I suppose a positive way to look at it is that life would be fairly boring without these relatively major events (or bumps) along the roads.  Wishing you all the best for the new year and beyond. 

cheers mate, keep thinking get a grip and then for no have a wave of emotion waves over me. I hope getting a new job will help else i will drive myself mental. I always like to make things hard for myself, and the feelings i had for my friend haven't helped.

Quick Reply