Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

'Future bright despite losses'

Read 3232 times
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      May 05, 2011 10:45:07 am
      5th May 2011 - Latest News
      9 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Managing Director Ian Ayre today reassured Liverpool supporters the Reds can look forward to a bright future, despite the fact that the Club will later today report a loss of £20m for the year ending July 2010.

The end of year accounts, which will be published at Companies House later today and cover the period August 2009 to July 2010 under the ownership of Tom Hicks and George Gillett, show revenues rising to £184m, but net debt increasing to £123m and incurring interest payments of £17m.

However, the purchase of the Club by Fenway Sports Group in October 2010, three months after the period these accounts cover, has heralded the start of a bright new era at Anfield, with considerable positive change already evident both on and off the pitch.

"As much as we are all aware of the difficult circumstances surrounding these accounts and that period in the Club's history, everyone in the world can now see just how much has since been achieved," said Ayre.

"Since the end of the last financial year, Fenway Sports Group has paid off £200m of acquisition debt from the previous owners, dramatically reducing interest payments as a result and meaning we are able to invest more revenue in the team rather than servicing debt.  We have also enjoyed significant commercial growth since these accounts were finalised, including our shirt sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered, which was the largest partnership contract in the Club's history.

"On and off the pitch since the end of the last financial year, the picture is an improving one as we focus on growing profitability and strengthening the First, Reserve and Academy operations.  We had an extremely successful January transfer window which saw the Ownership and management teams working closely to bring in some high quality players.

"We have also focussed on reducing the average age of our squad and are delighted with the progress of a number of our younger players who have come through our revamped Academy operation.

"The Club is now in an excellent position to move forward and all of us can approach the future with optimism. "

Author: Liverpool FC

Not sure where to put this, feel free to remove if needs be. Great news though  YNWA IKKWT
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2011 08:22:27 pm by redkenny, Reason: There\'s no such words as gr8 and tho - don\'t use them again »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: 'Future bright despite losses'
      Reply #1: May 05, 2011 10:48:15 am
      Hopefully the last remnants of the Hicks and Gillette era that we will here.

Historic now that Henry and co have us though.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #2: May 05, 2011 10:52:10 am
      An absolute joy to read, I have no doubt FSG will take us back to the top again.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: May 05, 2011 10:53:04 am
      Hopefully the last glimpse of what Hicks and Gillett could have done to the club before FSG arrived.
      Onwards and upwards Reds
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4: May 05, 2011 10:53:11 am
      This is nothing compared to where we were and could have been.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #5: May 05, 2011 11:01:17 am
      £20m is nothing really and I'm sure we'll be posting profits next season as this is the last we will hear of anything connected to H&G.

And, it's nothing compared to Utd's near £600m debt
      LFCexiled
      Reply #6: May 05, 2011 11:25:32 am
      £20m, covered by the new shirt deal.

We got rid of 2 sh*te-hawks, stripping the dead carcass of the Liver Bird and up to now NESV are nursing it back to health.

What a difference 6 months makes.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #7: May 05, 2011 12:38:18 pm
      20mill is F**k all, towards some of the losses other teams are producing.Its onwards and upwards now that the others are gone.

NESV Look like the mean serious business,can wait for the summer.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #8: May 06, 2011 01:51:28 pm
      Placement #9
      Club: Liverpool
      League: Barclays Premier League
      Owner/ Majority Shareholder: John Henry, Tom Werner
      Stadium: Anfield (Seating Capacity:45, 300)
      Current Value: $552 mil
      1-yr Value Change (U.S.): -33%
      Revenues: $276 mil}
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #9: May 06, 2011 02:04:01 pm
      I think, and forgive me here, but some of you are missing the point of this.

the £20m loss was on H&G' accounts. We still had the £300m debt and all those interest payments.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2011/final-hicks-and-gillett-accounts-reveal-20m-lfc-loss/

Even next years accounts will have 3 months of H&G's "accounting"

Next years results will represent a combination of the final 3 months of Hicks and Gillett’s ownership alongside the opening 9 months of the new owners.

This was £20m loss on top of all those player sales and sh*te buys.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: May 06, 2011 02:52:27 pm
      Not a bad figure, 20mil, not at all.

It could've been totally different if that scumbags were still around.

Come to think of it, 6 months ago we were facing going into administration.

The future's looking bright indeed, and that's on and off the pitch.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: May 06, 2011 03:05:59 pm
      £20m losss under two crooks and a boycott of games and Merchandise for some supporters, not too bad realistically, I wonder how much of that figure has been skewered by our new owners and being just about debt free.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #12: May 06, 2011 04:27:27 pm
      Will be interesting to see next years accounts. These are for H&G and have nothing to do with NESV so we will have a comparasant to go against.

To be honest I am suprised its only £20Million under H&G, i would have expected far worse! However now that has gone we have new sponsers and a new kit - along with us buying merch / attending games and the intro of a new marketing plan I would not be surprised if we post a large profit for the 9 months NESV have been in power.

What amazes me further is how ManUtd can continue with their massive debt..!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13: May 06, 2011 05:47:23 pm

What amazes me further is how ManUtd can continue with their massive debt..!

I guess the extra 30,000 seats or so help out, along with Champions league revenue and the money from Ronaldo's sale. ;D
      chewbacca888
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #14: May 06, 2011 06:18:57 pm
      the accounts for next year will be interesting to see. not only will it indicate the direction in which the club is going under NESV. it will be interesting to see if the small stake held by lebron james will help increase our revenue in a potentially huge market which would go a long way in compensating for those 30,000 extra seats!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15: May 06, 2011 06:28:46 pm
      Apparently United survive because they're profit funds all the debt they have while the Ronaldo money and the upfront payment from Aon, of nearly 40 million, was banked for use with transfers. Basically they're ok while they stay competitive. If they fail to qualify for Champions League Football for a long period. . .
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #16: May 07, 2011 07:07:32 am
      We are in a lot better position than last year,thanks to Kenny and the new owners,but last summer we were at risk of going into administration,and knowing the sh*te we were in and how much he loves the club it suprises me that rafa and his staff walked away with 8 million.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #17: May 07, 2011 07:22:52 am
      Now we need to get 30,000 more seats :D

But the future is very bright, a new manager, a revitalization of all of our players, and new owners who know how to work a business and are going to invest.
      Lukemeister
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      • Anything is possible
      Reply #18: May 07, 2011 02:29:45 pm
      Yeah after everything that has happened recently new manager and owners and everything, im really excited about how we'll do next season, looking very good for us i think.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,197 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #19: May 07, 2011 06:55:12 pm
      A bigger sadium is a must along with bringing players through the Acadamy, but compared to this time last year thigs are very Rosey, No debt squad looking stroner with the youngsters coming through a couple of new players and who knows?

Quick Reply