Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

And there you have it

Read 16941 times
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: And there you have it
      Reply #23: May 08, 2011 07:30:49 pm
      I'm not gonna pretend it doesn't bother me. It really F***ing does.

I feel physically sick not just because they more than likely will break our record, that doesn't bother me even half as much as the fact that they've won 12 and in that time we've only even given them a proper challenge twice or three times at most.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #24: May 08, 2011 07:33:38 pm
      This summer is a beginning of a new chapter in Liverpool F.C's history so focus on that, I won't be beating myself up over what United achieve or don't achieve, Instead I'll look optimistically towards a bright future under new owners and King Kenny.

Don't for one second think that Kenny is not capable of producing a title winning team within two years as he proved at Blackburn that he can do just that and that was taking a promoted team as a foundation not one already well established in the top 6.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #25: May 08, 2011 07:34:13 pm
      So they have 19 league titles and a possibility of closing in on 4 european cups !

How does this not piss people off i'm shocked !

I'm gutted :(

Get your chin up. Things don't finish here.

12 months ago I would have been devastated, but not now. We're on the cusp of an exciting new era. Time at the top is running out for them however.

If we had G&H still in charge, Hodgson sanding his cheeks down to the bones on the touchline, I'd be in a heap weeping at the events at Old Trafford today.

But since you know what happened back in January, I like the look of our club right now.

Get Kenny confirmed and announced, get every top target him and Comolli set out this summer and let's see what the table looks like next May. United have got to 19 more or less on fumes this season. I'm begrudgingly respectful at that as an achievement, but it's time to give them something to think about.

Race you to 20, you cu*ts. And you can keep your headstart!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #26: May 08, 2011 07:37:43 pm
      I kinda accepted this could happen when Arsenal started bottling it so im somewhat... not caring? I mean i care, but its not a surprise. Sure, they have the record. But by one bloody title! Its taken them a massive run of success just to get one ahead, and fergies time will be up soon.

Its gonna be even better when we take that record right back after its taken them so long to get it. We are Liverpool, we don't let others dictate our emotions - thats what mancs do. Be proud of what we have in our history, and be happy in the excitement we have at all of what we have to look forward to.

After almost losing our club completely under H&G, the fact manure are gonna be one title ahead means little in comparison to being happy we still have the opportunity to get that title back.

Chin up lads and ladies. Its not gonna be fun watching them celebrate it, but let them enjoy it. Be all the more sweeter when we can rub 20 in their faces in a few years and ask them how their short day in the sun was ;)
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #27: May 08, 2011 07:38:42 pm
      Credit to Utd... they have been the best side in the last 20 years... even aside from FA favouritism, refereeing decisions etc.
      Urgh... horrible truth.

We'll be back next year and they'll be stuck on 19 when we are celebrating 29

Also, the cup they held aloft in '99 sits forever in our trophy cabinet ;D
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #28: May 08, 2011 07:42:46 pm
      I'm absolutely sick. I've been in a horrible mood all weekend and I think I know why now, it was inevitable it was going to happen today. I haven't felt as bad in ages but F**k it what can you do. They were the best of a bad bunch in the league really. Anyways, we can only cone back stronger and full of confidence. Keep the perch warm for a year or two I suppose cos we're coming back.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #29: May 08, 2011 07:45:25 pm
      I'm absolutely sick. I've been in a horrible mood all weekend

I'll make you feel better ;)

What could of been  >:D

Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #30: May 08, 2011 07:49:24 pm
      Screw it, it was coming. We should have never let it happen way to much sh*t happened in the last few years, if you saw it in dream team you wouldn't believe it. Time for people in top positions in this club to dig us out and it starts against Fulham tomorrow lets get into europe and have the biggest of all summers. O and btw im not saying lets spend 500 million. A few proper players and a pre season on top form, players flying when the season starts not 10 games in.

Come on lets have it!!!!!
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #31: May 08, 2011 07:50:42 pm
      So they have 19 league titles and a possibility of closing in on 4 european cups !

How does this not piss people off I'm shocked !

I'm gutted :(what pisses me off is not man united getting to 19, but us winning none in the last 20 years. Occasionally we've threatened but never quite managed. Not bothered about Manure just bothered about LFC and the mess past owners have made in terms of investment or generally running the club. Those days seem to have gone and hopefully we can continue along the path we are on with Kenny and the new owners and sustain a long term improvement at this club and start winning some silverware again.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32: May 08, 2011 07:53:16 pm
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #33: May 08, 2011 07:53:30 pm
      They won the title with a poor side they got very lucky as in Chelsea implosion and Arsenal bottling it but they done it all the same.
      Hopefully whiskey nose retires now and ends on a high.
      That club is in big trouble and half the team is past it or simply just not good enough unless they have a busy summer I can see them starting to lose their grip. I personally think they will get lucky in the CL final too which would hurt more for me but they aint gonna have much more chances to win stuff like that I really believe Liverpool will get back to its winning way and we will win another 18 before they get to 20
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34: May 08, 2011 07:55:26 pm

What could of been  >:D

F**k. As if the manc win weren't enough to make me sick, now I have to view this facerubber, as well.

I'm sick to the stomach. I now need an asprin, and a lie down.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #35: May 08, 2011 07:55:29 pm
      Hopefully whiskey nose retires now and ends on a high.

Year or two of him left yet.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36: May 08, 2011 07:58:43 pm
      still 2 European Cups behind !
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #37: May 08, 2011 08:04:48 pm
      Roy's smile in them poses still haunts me, so creepy. >:D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #38: May 08, 2011 08:07:19 pm
      Roy's smile in them poses still haunts me, so creepy. >:D

That look in the second photo is the same look you would see if a tramp found a tenner!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #39: May 08, 2011 08:14:02 pm
      It hurts, but it would have hurt more if we wern't going in the right direction, won't be long before we're back up there and winning the league.

One banner summed it up

"In '94 you said 'Come back when it's 18.

MUFC

Well here we are sat on your perch"
      I agree that banner summed it up, their sitting on OUR perch.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #40: May 08, 2011 08:19:15 pm
      Our points total from 2 seasons ago would have walked the league this year and things may very very well be different.

In any case, they've been the best team over the season - not brilliant but better than the other 19 sides.

For 37 years we have held the most titles in the country, it says a lot that we have had 21 years without a title and are only now being overtaken - shows just how far ahead we were.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #41: May 08, 2011 08:20:22 pm

What could of been  >:D

It's all his F***ing fault ! Had Kenny been in charge for the full season it would be us lifting No.19 and not them !
      LFCexiled
      Reply #42: May 08, 2011 08:23:28 pm
      Saddled with over £700m of debt.

Enjoy the 19th because if the wind switches you could cease to exist.

5 Times.

:rasp: :action-smiley-055:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #43: May 08, 2011 08:32:12 pm
      When they win more than 5 European Cups before we do...then I'll take notice

until then, Perch is still perched on
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #44: May 08, 2011 08:34:50 pm
      I agree that banner summed it up, their sitting on OUR perch.

It fired them up, proves even some of our fans can be dickheads wanting to gloat too much.

Those titles won under Paisley, Fagan & Dalglish have been a comfort blanket for too long, a fall back for players not prepared to develop that mental strength needed to be Champions.

Like that chatty c**t Redknapp sitting in the too tight shiny suit on Sky telling us how Man United won the League and Collymore now making coin from Talksport, overpaid talented tossers who could have and should have won the league, but who acted like they didnt need to - they were already superstars.

Kenny knows what's required.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #45: May 08, 2011 08:37:19 pm
      Remenber SCUM your only keeping the perch warm!

Quick Reply