Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Glen Johnson
      (2.8%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (0.9%)
      Jay Spearing
      (0.9%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (27%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      (68.2%)

Fulham 2-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match smiling

Read 46413 times
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Re: Fulham 2-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match smiling
      Reply #897: May 10, 2011 01:27:35 pm
      I second that. Made me proud, lads!
      They've been like that all season.
      A shining light, even in the darkest of awaydays under RH.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #898: May 10, 2011 01:41:41 pm
      Our lot were amazing last night, i just cant get this song out of my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQvKoyc6_Sw&feature=player_embedded
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #899: May 10, 2011 02:00:09 pm
      What a match, what a win. Well done to the lads this morning, they were awesome.

5am kick off for us, was still trying to open up my eyes when Maxi scored  :o , then to be 3 nil up within 13 minutes was just out of this world.

I knew Fulham would come back, was screaming at Skrtel for giving that ball away in midfield when he had no one around him that led to their 1st goal. Was shattered for Pepe.

Then Maxi smashed that one in and Luis waltzed around Schwarzer and I was in heaven. I forgot he could kick on his left foot as well, so used to one footed Torres. When Suarez went around the keeper on the right side thought he might have run out of room to knock it in with his right peg, then he knocks it in with his left and it just looked so natural.  F**k I love this lad.

5-2 it might have ended up, thought that was a bit flattering for them but I'll take that win away at Fulham any day. Was only going to put a 0-1 prediction in but never got around to it, looks like it really didn't matter in the end.

All I can say is thanks for the last couple of months Kenny and the lads, let's keep it going for another 2 weeks then bring on next season.

TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #900: May 10, 2011 02:07:30 pm
      People are neglecting to mention not just the fact we scored 5 away from home, but that it was at Craven Cottage of all places - that place is like an absolute fortress to Fulham, and their record there is pretty damn good.

To just beat them there is an achievement, let alone score 5 and turn it into Anfield the Second (the travelling Kop were immense, weren't they? ;)).

They'd won 6 out of their last 7 home games, only conceding to Blackburn in that time.

Then we come and smack them upside their heads.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #901: May 10, 2011 02:24:07 pm
      Our lot were amazing last night, i just cant get this song out of my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQvKoyc6_Sw&feature=player_embedded

got major goosebumps there watching that! amazing :)
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #902: May 10, 2011 02:38:04 pm
      To just beat them there is an achievement, let alone score 5 and turn it into Anfield the Second (the travelling Kop were immense, weren't they? ;)).

They were unbelievable and what an away day for them. Wish I had the money to follow them all over the country.

Anyone been singing and humming the Maxi and Suarez songs all day? Wonder if we'll ever have one for all three south americans, a bit like the ra ra ra rafa benitez for spaniards.

I know he won't take all the credit for yesterday but once again, Lucas was absolutely outstanding, what a player he is turning into, I was one of the ones who regularly slated him but I'll say it again, absolutely outstanding.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #903: May 10, 2011 02:40:24 pm
      People are neglecting to mention not just the fact we scored 5 away from home, but that it was at Craven Cottage of all places - that place is like an absolute fortress to Fulham, and their record there is pretty damn good.

True. I think they were 6 wins and a draw in their last seven league games at home.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #904: May 10, 2011 02:40:54 pm
      I've heard of the taking of Pelham 123....this was the taking of Fulham 12345  :D
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #905: May 10, 2011 02:46:55 pm
      True. I think they were 6 wins and a draw in their last seven league games at home.

What makes you think that...?

They'd won 6 out of their last 7 home games, only conceding to Blackburn in that time.

Then we come and smack them upside their heads.

;D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #906: May 10, 2011 02:53:23 pm

Heheh, I posted the comment while it was on page 30 so I hadn't read your post :P
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #907: May 10, 2011 02:57:55 pm
      I was actually a little disappointed that we gave away 2 goals.

I loved Kenny's "Come on" when we scored the 3rd goal. I could only think of how motivated Kenny would be after the mancs won their 19th the previous night.

I guess RedLFCBlood said that if we manage to nick fourth, he would safely assume that Kenny is our messiah.
      Well, fourth or fifth, he is our messiah!
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #908: May 10, 2011 03:03:01 pm
      I guess RedLFCBlood said that if we manage to nick fourth, he would safely assume that Kenny is our messiah.
      Well, fourth or fifth, he is our messiah!

As for Daz... he's not the messiah - he's a VERY naughty boy!
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #909: May 10, 2011 03:10:01 pm
      As for Daz... he's not the messiah - he's a VERY naughty boy!

Apologies... But, I assume RedLFCBlood's name is Daz?? :S
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #910: May 10, 2011 03:12:29 pm
      Apologies... But, I assume RedLFCBlood's name is Daz?? :S
      Most of the other names we call him have 4 letters but yes, that is one of them.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #911: May 10, 2011 03:13:11 pm
      City 0:3..Everton 0:2..Stoke 0:2..Blackburn 1:3 Blackpool 1:2..Man Utd FA cup 0:1..

With the exception of Bolton away,i went to these games with expectation and hope only to have them dashed with some terrible performances...I listened to the game last night and i'd wished i'd been there to make up for the disappointment of those games....
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #912: May 10, 2011 03:15:50 pm
      Most of the other names we call him have 4 letters but yes, that is one of them.

Ha ha.. Cheers Mate!
      Hope to visit the forum more often and get to know you guys better.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #913: May 10, 2011 03:26:21 pm
      Great day, great night, great game. Just great. if suarez keep sthis up through next year & we get a fit & firing gerrard back then we have real options already even without buying.

Can anyone please tell me where Maxi has got his performance enhancing drugs from, I need some!

I also must add that I'm getting quite full after eating too many words I have said about Kenny, another 5 helpings last night  >:D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #914: May 10, 2011 03:44:56 pm

Awwww Cheers cupcake x
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #915: May 10, 2011 03:48:01 pm
      Downloaded and watched the game last night. Absolutely brilliant. Voted for Maxi as MOTM but it could easily have been either Suarez or Lucas.

Lucas was at his very best. If he can provide this kind of passes more often, he's gonna be even better than he already is. One of his best games in a red shirt.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #916: May 10, 2011 04:16:44 pm
      Another break taking performance by us. Our movement in the last three or four months has been exceptional. Suarez and Kuyt seem to link up well, Maxi is benefitting from it and two central midfileders who know how to play in both halves certainly helps.

A solid base with a great keeper and a centre half pairing starting to look solid agin as well as two full backs doing what is asked of them and above all else moving the ball around like only Liverpool Football Club can.

We took Fulham apart and got the game won in the first 20 minutes. Sat back off them and paid the price of the goal which only seemed to kick us back into gear. Great two goals to finish the night off from Maxi and then Suarez and keep the hopes of fourth alive for a little while longer.

Could of been 11 man of the matches last night, that's how good we were. Even Shelvey coming off the bench made an impact. The crowd were singing non-stop, don't know what the F**k Kevin Phillips was on about when he said he couldn't hear us the soft c**t.

Voted for Spearing in the poll, just because of how much satisfaction I'm getting from seeing a Liverpool central midfielder do what he's currently doing. Up and down the pitch and influencing the game in both halves. I haven't seen that since Stevie first broke through. An all round central midfielder and you can see how he is benefitting from a run of games and how the team is benefitting from him being there.

Special mention to Carra as well on 666 games. F***ing cracking stuff for him to reach a landmark that only one other Liverpool player has reached in the history of our club. And to do it as captain is a nice little bonus. No clean sheet which will disappoint him but another win will soften the blow I think.

Smiling from ear to ear right now. I didn't think this crop of players were this good. Kenny, you've done some magical things for this club, but turning one of the worst squads we've ever had into this must be near the top of that list. And in just a few months. Exceptional.

Just made up.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #917: May 10, 2011 04:19:12 pm
      Special mention to Carra as well on 666 games.

The number of the beast. And hes been a beast at the heart of our defence, brilliant
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #918: May 10, 2011 04:22:53 pm
      The crowd were singing non-stop, don't know what the f**k Kevin Phillips was on about when he said he couldn't hear us the soft c**t.

I could certainly hear you. Great stuff. Can I please ask you or someone that goes all the time to make up a new chant for Suarez. That JCGE is an awful song - I hate it!

He is soooooooooooooo much better than that :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #919: May 10, 2011 04:35:31 pm
      I could certainly hear you. Great stuff. Can I please ask you or someone that goes all the time to make up a new chant for Suarez. That JCGE is an awful song - I hate it!

He is soooooooooooooo much better than that :)

Not gonna happen, far too many singing it now.

Quick Reply