Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Glen Johnson
      (2.8%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (0.9%)
      Jay Spearing
      (0.9%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (27%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      (68.2%)

Fulham 2-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match smiling

Read 46045 times
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Re: Fulham 2-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match smiling
      Reply #920: May 10, 2011 04:41:05 pm
      People keep forgetting to start the song off again though (minor knee jerk). 

Sorry it was bugging me and I needed to get it off my chest.

Quality song for a quality player.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #921: May 10, 2011 04:41:58 pm
      Not gonna happen, far too many singing it now.

I know! Another Celtic rip off :(

i rate most of our songs & we have had some right belters, but i simply can get enough of this song. not of saurez though & I guess thats the point :)
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #922: May 10, 2011 04:43:02 pm

Quality song for a quality player.

You an 80's fan then, Depeche Mode your bag?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #923: May 10, 2011 04:43:54 pm

What like Fields of Anfield Rd?

I know the fella who had a hand in penning the above song, well known nutcase from Huyton who's been arrested a fair few times in Europe following us!
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #924: May 10, 2011 04:47:30 pm

I know the fella who had a hand in penning the above song, well known nutcase from Huyton who's been arrested a fair few times in Europe following us!

I've always said its a great song! ;D
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #925: May 10, 2011 04:48:35 pm
      You an 80's fan then, Depeche Mode your bag?

Not really no, and neither is soddin heartbeat but who cares.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #926: May 10, 2011 04:50:21 pm
      Not really no, and neither is soddin heartbeat but who cares.

Its not the words or the concept - its the actual tune. If you like the tune then fair do's, Im just saying I dont

What's heartbeat?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #927: May 10, 2011 04:52:37 pm

The Maxi song.

The song from the show that was on a Sunday night.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #928: May 10, 2011 04:55:35 pm
      The Maxi song.

The song from the show that was on a Sunday night.

Nick Berry at his best, wasn't sure what he meant. Cheers buddy.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #929: May 10, 2011 05:17:52 pm
      I love the Suarez and Maxi songs, and was browsing some City boards last night through boredom and they got very good reviews from their fans.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #930: May 10, 2011 05:23:54 pm
      Cracking stuuf. Maxi just cant stop scoring, Kuyt continuing too. I dont know what it is that Kenny has said to the players but my god the future is looking good. A few months back i was half expecting a relegation dog fight if we kept Woy but now we are still in with a glimmer of hope for the Champions League!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #931: May 10, 2011 05:47:25 pm
      Love the Suarez song myself. Its upbeat, and easily recognizable. Love hearing it! Saying that, big kudos to the traveling Kop last night. All i heard the whole time was them!

Just finally got done seeing a fair hunk of the match. Wow. We looked F***ing awesome! The last time ive enjoyed Liverpool football this much was when we spanked Madrid and the mancs in that run of good results - and what makes this better is the team we have out on the field. Its not what people would call a world class team with the youngsters in there, and no Gerrard. But the belief they have which obviously must be coming from Kenny has instilled in them that they can be world class, and they are doing it. Maxi?! He was just a shadow under Roy, but he looks like the player i loved watching for Argentina and Athletico. Who needs Nando? :D

And Suarez. I don't even know what to say now, just brilliant. He will be better than Nando for us because he does the team thing. Nando could pop up with 2 goals and be sh*t the whole game, Suarez may score only one but he contributes to many other goal scoring chances. Think i know who's on my next home shirt! ;D

Wheres all those two man team fuckers from the last few years? Can't win without Gerrard and Torres? Haha!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #932: May 10, 2011 05:54:16 pm
      Like corbally once said ...

"Looks like this squad of players aren't so bad after all" because aside from the fact that Suarez has been explosive, Spearing, Lucas, Maxi, Kuyt, Johnson, Carra and Skrtel have been playing better and we probably slated them back in December '10.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #933: May 10, 2011 05:58:15 pm
      Forgot to mention how I was impressed with Johnson and Flanagan last night.
      Johnson seemed much better all round yesterday, making runs down the right hand side, but then pulling off some good tackles and blocks down at the other end.
      And Flanno showed us again that he's got a bright future ahead of him. Seems to have such an old head on young shoulders, calm, composed, can forward and can play on the right and the left.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #934: May 10, 2011 06:01:52 pm
      In Kenny we have the man. Those of us who doubted him were absolutely miles off the mark.

I'm sure he'll continue to be the man, after a season like this one.

I'm sure you'll agree it'll be nice to get to the arse end.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #935: May 10, 2011 06:07:25 pm
      The traveling fans were unbelievable. Some noise from them!
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #936: May 10, 2011 06:10:58 pm
      ^ Definitely.

Going to London, on a Monday night when it's on Sky and singing pretty much non-stop for 90 minutes the travelling Kop definitely did us proud.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #937: May 10, 2011 06:18:28 pm
      Forgot to mention how I was impressed with Johnson and Flanagan last night.
      Johnson seemed much better all round yesterday, making runs down the right hand side, but then pulling off some good tackles and blocks down at the other end.
      And Flanno showed us again that he's got a bright future ahead of him. Seems to have such an old head on young shoulders, calm, composed, can forward and can play on the right and the left.

Not sure if we should really be playing Flanno on the left. You could see he didn't have the confidence to hit it when he got forward into the box and it was on his left. Johnson has a far better left peg and he's not afraid to use it either, so I'd play him LB and Flanno RB.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #938: May 10, 2011 06:23:41 pm
      Got the coach down last night with the Spirit of Shankly boys. Couldnt have asked for a better performance. One of the best away trips ive been on, we all had an absolute scream!

tell you what though, F**k the gym, i was bloody knackered after the 3rd went in! sweating cobs i was. all that bouncing to the suarez an maxi songs took its toll. hopefully ill have recovered and got my voice back in time for villa!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #939: May 10, 2011 06:24:35 pm
      I want us to play again today :(, I haven't felt like that for (2) years!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #940: May 10, 2011 06:53:28 pm
      ^ Definitely.

Going to London, on a Monday night when it's on Sky and singing pretty much non-stop for 90 minutes the travelling Kop definitely did us proud.

Love your sig :lmao:
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #941: May 10, 2011 07:14:34 pm
      The best thing about this team under kenny is that they arent afraid to express themselves on the pitch.....the difference b/w maxi of roy times and kenny times is clear from his positioning while scoring the goals, he very seldom did go that forward under roy or rafa last season in whatever chances he got.....

same goes for other payers, likes of kuyt , spearing and lucas.....

most important is the unity and the hunger to win, i havent seen liverpool pressing so much in away games, that was something very cherishing

Suarez at that price is a steal, i cant believe that at 5-2 when the match was almost done and dusted, he was virtually fighting with the refree to get a penalty...thats killer instinct for me and that is what Liverpool has lacked over the past years imo!!

great win to the lads

More then it, great message sent to the scums, u might have taken our perch for the time being, but we will come back and take what is "RIGHTFULLY OURS"
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #942: May 10, 2011 07:23:07 pm
      Great intro from the Mirror reporter in his match report:
      Fulham 2-5 Liverpool: Maxi hat-trick takes Reds up to fifth
      By Mike Walters

Liver Bird to Fergie: Well done on the 19th title, but can we have our perch back please?

Fergie to Liver Bird: It’s taken me 25 years to knock you off that effing thing – surely you don’t want your bird cage back already?

Liver Bird to Fergie: Get off our perch and don’t come back until you’ve won five European Cups. And don’t call me Shirley.

he Kop didn’t just blow away Fulham with a ­blistering three-goal salute in the opening 16 minutes.

They served notice that next season’s biggest threat to United’s throne may come from a familiar old foe down the East Lancs Road.

It is 21 years since Dalglish led Liverpool to their 18th crown, a record which Ferguson would love to topple at Blackburn on Saturday if it drowns out the noisy neighbours on their retreat from the FA Cup final at Wembley.

But the Kop’s ­transformation under King Kenny has been so startling that their moonwalk in SW6 may not have been mere showboating. It may be the shape of things to come.

On the night Jamie Carragher made his 666th appearance for the Kop, moving to No.2 in the all-time charts above Emlyn Hughes and Ray Clemence, Fulham should have dialled 999.

Sunset along the Thames towpath provided the perfect illumination to admire one of the greats whose place in the hall of fame is assured.

But that’s enough about the Michael Jackson statue – a monument to naffness which has brought only ridicule to a fine club where Mark Hughes has inspired a largely unnoticed recovery.

Regrettably, Hughes’ back four were made to look as thick as two short plinths as Carragher’s big night quickly turned into a procession.

Only 32 seconds had elapsed when Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer inexplicably tried to field Luis Suarez’s deflected cross with his feet instead of his hands, and Maxi Rodriguez arrived at the far post to punish his indecision.

One of Wacko Jacko’s biggest-selling albums was called Bad, but after six minutes Fulham came up with their own sequel: Worse.

England full-back Glen Johnson’s right-wing cross picked out Maxi again, and he made light of a tight angle to squeeze a left-footed volley into the far corner.

With Fulham trapped in full self-destruct mode, Suarez was denied a penalty under Brede Hangeland’s push, but it was not long before Schwarzer and his senses were parted again.

Dirk Kuyt’s low shot would not have troubled an ­orchestral percussionist with his cymbals, or Mrs Doubtfire when her oven gloves caught fire, but he managed only to shovel it inside his near post – and by now the only question was whether Liverpool’s goals would outnumber the Jackson Five’s brothers.

Kuyt’s ninth goal in the last eight games made him the first Kop player to score in five consecutive League games since John Aldridge in 1989.

And even when Fulham did threaten to hide their blushes, Johnson was well-placed to clear Clint ­Dempsey’s volley off the line.

Fulham went through the motions of a fightback after the break, and their ­persistence was rewarded when Moussa Dembele swept sub Bobby Zamora’s lay-off beyond Pepe Reina after 57 minutes.

Maxi completed his second hat-trick in three games with a thunderous 25-yard shot into the top corner.

Suarez capped a ­brilliant individual performance by scampering clear on to sub Jonjo Shelvey’s sublime pass and rounding Schwarzer to score easily.

Steve Sidwell’s late strike from long range in reply scored high marks for artistic impression, but was mere window dressing.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-2-5-Liverpool-Maxi-Rodriguez-hat-trick-takes-Reds-into-fifth-place-article734055.html

Quick Reply