Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Rate a ref...& do they support a Premiership team

Read 3209 times
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Rate a ref...& do they support a Premiership team
      Aug 20, 2007 12:36:23 am
      Steve Bennett    Kent
      M Clattenburg    Tyne & Wear
      M L Dean    Wirral
      P Dowd    Staffordshire
      C J Foy    Merseyside
      M R Halsey    Lancashire
      A Marriner    W. Midlands
      Lee Mason    Lancashire
      Lee Probert    Gloucestershire
      M A Riley    W. Yorkshire
      K Stroud    Hampshire
      R Styles    Hampshire
      Steve Tanner    Somerset
      P Walton    Northamptonshire
      H Webb    S. Yorkshire
      A G Wiley    Staffordshire

Ok after the poor decisions that some refs are making AGAIN this season, I have placed a list of refs for the premiership season above.

Let's look at ref's a bit more this season because they could, in the long run, cost a team the title.

Bloggers reaction to Rob Styles:

http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?q=Rob+Styles&hl=en&um=1&sa=X&oi=blogsearch&ct=title

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2007 12:50:46 am by DM Osbon »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: Rate a ref...& do they support a Premiership team
      Reply #1: Aug 20, 2007 01:17:48 am
      Nice sig ;)

A quick search of the blogs - quite liked this one

If you've got word censor on - you will have to replace the asterisks to view the page..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Reply #2: Aug 20, 2007 07:39:27 am

Steve Bennett    Kent
      M Clattenburg    Tyne & Wear
      M L Dean    Wirral
      P Dowd    Staffordshire
      C J Foy    Merseyside
      M R Halsey    Lancashire
      A Marriner    W. Midlands
      Lee Mason    Lancashire
      Lee Probert    Gloucestershire
      M A Riley    W. Yorkshire
      - Won against Aston Villa. We had a pen which could have or couldn't have been given. We scored from resultant free-kick. Referee also gave Aston Villa a penalty (which they scored) for Jamie Carragher handball.

K Stroud    Hampshire
      R Styles    Hampshire
      - Shafted us over big time in Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea. Gave the Chavs a 'phantom penalty'

Steve Tanner    Somerset
      P Walton    Northamptonshire
      H Webb    S. Yorkshire
      A G Wiley    Staffordshire
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #3: Aug 20, 2007 09:53:59 am
      Ex Ref Jeff Winter on Sky Sports News reaffirmed that the penalty against Liverpool was no way a penalty. He also reaffirmed that Chelsea have a habit of surrounding match officials, 'getting in their faces'. He also agreed that teams that do this should be look at by the FA.

Jeff Winter also looked at other incidents in the other fixtures this weekend & was not as convinced by other 'mistakes' by other refs but was totally confused by the yellow cards issued by Rob Styles. Either Terry got two cards or Essien.

Jeff Winter also confirmed he is a Middlesbrough fan. So it shows that Refs can & do support teams in the Premiership.

Graham Poll adds his comments:

Poll: Penalty a mistake

http://www.4thegame.com/club/lfc/news/207077/poll_penalty_a_mistake.html

Former Premier League referee Graham Poll has accused Rob Styles of 'messy' decisions and making an error by awarding Chelsea a controversial penalty during Sunday's 1-1 draw with Liverpool.

The Blues were handed a lifeline when Styles ruled that Steve Finnan had impeded Florent Malouda in the penalty area and Frank Lampard tucked away the 62nd minute spot-kick.

But Poll, who retired from professional refereeing at the end of last season, has questioned the decision of his former colleague to award the spot-kick.

"It was a big mistake," Poll told BBC Radio 5live.

"What Rob will do, I would venture to suggest, is have next weekend off.

"I would be happy to have a weekend off to lick my wounds and regain my confidence."

Meanwhile, Poll has backed Styles' stance that he did not book Michael Essien twice during the contentious clash at Anfield, but conceded the referee's explanation that a second-half yellow card for John Terry looked "messy".

"At the first look I definitely thought he had booked Essien a second time," said Poll, who himself infamously booked Croatia's Josip Simunic three times during a match at last summer's World Cup.
      « Last Edit: Aug 20, 2007 11:43:26 am by DM Osbon »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Reply #4: Aug 20, 2007 09:16:42 pm
      He also reaffirmed that Chelsea have a habit of surrounding match officials, 'getting in their faces'. He also agreed that teams that do this should be look at by the FA.

No need for the FA to be involved. The ref has two different coloured cards in his pocket.  He should be booking them for it.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #5: Aug 20, 2007 10:07:10 pm
      No need for the FA to be involved. The ref has two different coloured cards in his pocket.  He should be booking them for it.

Bloody right to, it got to the stage they were surrounding the Ref every time he gave a foul wether it was for or against they had something to moan about. if he'd book a few earlier it would of put a stop to it
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: Aug 21, 2007 10:22:04 am
      I complained about M Clattenburg last season after Cardiff played Leeds and he booked 2 of our players, sending 1 off (I think) for f*ck all.
      R Styles clearly either bums Chelsea, or thought that just cos he's in charge of a big game he should give a penalty when someone falls over for nothing ?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #7: Aug 21, 2007 05:48:52 pm
      I complained about M Clattenburg last season after Cardiff played Leeds and he booked 2 of our players, sending 1 off (I think) for f*ck all.
      R Styles clearly either bums Chelsea, or thought that just cos he's in charge of a big game he should give a penalty when someone falls over for nothing ?

Probably Nic! He seems like one of those big match tossers who like to think they're bigger than the occasion! Hope he rots in the Conference leagues, the pr**k! ;D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Aug 21, 2007 06:04:59 pm
      I don't think the conference should have to put up with him! Seen the papers today? Carra's face is a picture lmfao ;D

Quick Reply