Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Expectations for The 2011/2012 Season

Read 31300 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Expectations for The 2011/2012 Season
      May 13, 2011 02:14:49 pm
      Realistically what are we all expecting,

I'd be happy to get back in the Champions League, and to win a cup (hopefully the FA)

Anyone else? realistic hopes, not "We're going to win it all"

I know that should be our belief, but after 2 sh*t seasons, and a massive overhaul of playing staff needed, I believe one step at a time.

Get back up there next year, and win it the next year.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Expectations for The 2011/2012 Season
      Reply #1: May 13, 2011 02:21:00 pm
      Top 2 finish in the League, a good run in the Europa and winning at least one of the domestic Cups.

We could win the lot too  ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: May 13, 2011 02:21:51 pm
      Premier League, Europa, good run in the domestics with the youth :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3: May 13, 2011 02:23:30 pm
      I would love to see us lift trophies every season.

However, all I want to really see and would be satisfied with is to see us challenge for trophies every season. It doesn't mean we necessarily have to win them but I'd like to see us compete as far as possible consistently.

To be really honest, as much as I love winning trophies and a trophy is a trophy, I actually get more satisfaction watching us maybe finish runner up in all four competitions rather than win one and struggle in the other three (knock out in 3rd roung of cup and out of title race before christmas and such).

Don't get me wrong, I want trophies and as it's said, "first is always first, second is nothing" and "winning is winning" but I just want to see my team play good football and compete for all honours consistently every season.

Having said that, I have a good feeling about us in the future and I wouldn't be surprised to see us win a trophy or two next season.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #4: May 13, 2011 02:23:45 pm
      I'll decide after the transfer window to see who goes and who arrives.

ATM i'll be happy with top 4 + domestic cup.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #5: May 13, 2011 02:32:05 pm
      I just cant wait for next season, i really want us to have a great season not just for us fans but mostly for Kenny, he deserves it. I honestly think we'll make top 3 and i can see us reaching Wembley for one of the domestic cups.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #6: May 13, 2011 02:37:48 pm
      I'd be happy with one trophy (FA Cup, Carling Cup, or Europa League) as well as a top 4 finish to get back into the CL.  Ideally, I'd like to see us play deep into every competition because we have plenty of young players who are on the brink of being 1st team players, and they need game time.  But the priorities must be top 4 (hopefully challenging for the league) and one trophy.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #7: May 13, 2011 02:40:22 pm
      I want it all and I want it now........

though I'll settle for seeing progress.
      Lukemeister
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      • Anything is possible
      Reply #8: May 13, 2011 02:40:37 pm
      3rd at least next season and hopefully win a cup.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,023 posts | 3352 
      Reply #9: May 13, 2011 02:41:47 pm
      I expect - trophies.

I expect - 100% commitment from everybody involved with Liverpool Football Club throughout the season. Anybody not willing to do that can F**k off for good.

I expect - us to continue our pass and move system under Kenny.

I expect - us to continue promoting youngsters and looking towards the future without ignoring the present.

I expect - us to continue with our attacking style and not settling for one or two nil wins but instead twatting the opponents and knocking four, five or even more past them.

I expect - good investment in the summer and the dead wood shipped out.

I expect - us to win the League.

And finally I expect - to be extremely F***ing happy come May 2012.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #10: May 13, 2011 02:44:43 pm
      Quote from: The King
      We’re just going to work and do the best we possibly can because a lot of people care an awful lot about the football club and we’ve got to prove we feel the same way.

That'll do for me!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11: May 13, 2011 02:47:02 pm
      I expect - trophies.

I expect - 100% commitment from everybody involved with Liverpool Football Club throughout the season. Anybody not willing to do that can f**k off for good.

I expect - us to continue promoting youngsters and looking towards the future without ignoring the present.

I expect - us to continue with our attacking style and not settling for one or two nil wins but instead twatting the opponents and knocking four, five or even more past them.

And finally I expect - to be extremely f**king happy come May 2012.

That's one thing I'm looking forward to too Billy and we seem to have that mentality back going off the last few results.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #12: May 13, 2011 02:47:24 pm
      I expect - trophies.

I expect - 100% commitment from everybody involved with Liverpool Football Club throughout the season. Anybody not willing to do that can F**k off for good.

And finally I expect - to be extremely F***ing happy come May 2012.

I'm not being lazy but this basically encapsulates what I expect. Cheers DLS. ;)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,947 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #13: May 13, 2011 02:55:23 pm
      Realisticaly, top 2, remember the old quotation 'reach for the sky, etc etc, well we're reaching right now, the evidence is there, if only we got rid of Roy in November who knows where we would have finished, possibly top 3, since Jan we have shown what is possible in a short space of time, the form table shows us 2nd behind Chavs with scum behind us, but we have beaten them both convincingly along with Citeh, drawn twice with the arse, and we will batter Spuds on Sunday, those are the main protagonists of which we hold no fear, but they fear us, make no mistake, Kenny, Steve and the backroom staff will mould us into a team that will run thru granite for them, they will instill the desire, confidence and beleif that they are invincible, but the players hold the ace in the pack and that is the hunger to succeed, Stevie G, Carra, Pepe, Kuyt, Dagger, Lucas are especially starving, add the new lads and the endeavour of the young guns and you have a squad determined to bring home the bacon.  just believe, cos i do.

I might just go and stick a score on us to lift the title next season, has anyone got any idea what odds are being offered ?

IKWT   YNWA
      LFCexiled
      Reply #14: May 13, 2011 02:59:07 pm

I might just go and stick a score on us to lift the title next season, has anyone got any idea what odds are being offered ?

IKWT   YNWA

William Hill are unbelievingly only offering 5-1.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: May 13, 2011 02:59:41 pm
      Realisticaly, top 2, remember the old quotation 'reach for the sky, etc etc, well we're reaching right now, the evidence is there, if only we got rid of Roy in November who knows where we would have finished, possibly top 3, since Jan we have shown what is possible in a short space of time, the form table shows us 2nd behind Chavs with scum behind us, but we have beaten them both convincingly along with Citeh, drawn twice with the arse, and we will batter Spuds on Sunday, those are the main protagonists of which we hold no fear, but they fear us, make no mistake, Kenny, Steve and the backroom staff will mould us into a team that will run thru granite for them, they will instill the desire, confidence and beleif that they are invincible, but the players hold the ace in the pack and that is the hunger to succeed, Stevie G, Carra, Pepe, Kuyt, Dagger, Lucas are especially starving, add the new lads and the endeavour of the young guns and you have a squad determined to bring home the bacon.  just believe, cos I do.

IKWT   YNWA

5-1 last night mate.  Damn it Exiled you beat me to it  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #16: May 13, 2011 03:03:18 pm
      5-1 last night mate.  Damn it Exiled you beat me to it  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

;D

There's some interesting bets here:

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/2994/betting/2011/05/13/2484413/kenny-dalglish-to-outlast-alex-ferguson-liverpool-51-to-win

such as 'will Kenny retire before alco' and 'will Dalglish see out his 3 year contract'.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #17: May 13, 2011 03:13:38 pm

ATM I'll be happy with top 4 + domestic cup.
      Agree.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #18: May 13, 2011 03:33:07 pm

ATM i'll be happy with top 4 + domestic cup.

Yep, that'll do me too, although, if we carry on playing like this then I'm optimistic we'll have a very good season next year and will maybe to do more than that.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #19: May 13, 2011 03:38:52 pm
      With the right investment, commitment and belief, I see no reason why we can't win everything.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #20: May 13, 2011 03:40:17 pm
      Finish in the top four and win FA-cup.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,947 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #21: May 13, 2011 03:42:47 pm
      Only 5-1, do they know something we don't, i thought we would be 10-1 or more at least, considering Mancs, Chavs and Citeh, have supposedly better squads and more money, just goes to show the bookies are more aware than you think.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,281 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #22: May 13, 2011 03:52:26 pm
      I want to

Win the league
      Win the Europa leage
      Win the Fa cup
      Win the league cup
      Win the youth cup