Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Expectations for The 2011/2012 Season

Read 31302 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Expectations for The 2011/2012 Season
      Reply #299: Oct 30, 2011 11:28:14 pm
      Just like Chelsea last season they flew out of the traps and hit a brick wall , Man city will do the very same . We should make CL , Van Persie is holding Arsenal together ,if he gets injured they"re knackered. Chelsea will struggle . I think that us and Spurs will be slogging it out for 3rd and 4th spot.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,023 posts | 3352 
      Reply #300: Oct 31, 2011 01:12:37 am
      Still predicting the League.

Yeah we've fell behind the leaders early on and dropped a few points that we shouldn't of but unbeaten in seven games with Swansea to follow. Chelsea after that who we fu**ed over there last year - in fact we've kept three clean sheets on our last four Premier League visits to Stamford Bridge, winning two of the games. Then we've got City at Anfield who we F***ing demolished last year and where we haven't been beaten at all this season. We've only lost once at Anfield since Kenny returned, our last home game of last year. So we should go into the City game quite confidently.

tw*t Swansea, knock Chelsea over again and then tear City apart again.

Everybody raving about them, a F***ing small club with sh*t fans who can't even sell out their home games. A F***ing embarrassment. Oh they've got a few quid, lucky them. They haven't got the greatest fans, they haven't got the greatest keeper, midfielder and forward in the League and they haven't got the King. We F***ing do.

They also haven't got their captain lifting the title come May, we have that as well.

Lets F**k Swansea (sorry Tosh) and continue our pursuit on the League that is rightfully ours!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #301: Oct 31, 2011 08:47:58 am

We are still in line for 4th, but it won't be easy at all. It seems that Arsenal are over their initial crisis, and the Spurs look pretty decent. We still have the best chance of finishing above them, but we would need a healthy Gerrard in order to do so.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #302: Oct 31, 2011 06:52:18 pm
      Haven't been all that satisfied with our defense the last couple years but I just noticed so far this year we've allowed the third fewest goals, knock on wood, which is a great sign. Apart from that we've hit the woodwork more than any other team in the prem... we start finishing our chances and I think we'll be very much in the thick of it.
      Lvpfanatic
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #303: Nov 01, 2011 04:19:58 am
      I applaud Suarez and Carroll partnership up front. What happens if both are injured? Who will be in their place? Good question isn't it? This means we lack depth in our strikers' department. Unless we sign a quality striker and a right winger like Eden Hazard in Jan., 4th place will be a gone case and most likely we'll finish 6th again or even 7th. Spurs, Arsenal and Newcastle seem unstoppable at the moment while we are more likely to lose or drop points.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #304: Nov 01, 2011 06:55:07 am
      I applaud Suarez and Carroll partnership up front. What happens if both are injured? Who will be in their place? Good question isn't it? This means we lack depth in our strikers' department. Unless we sign a quality striker and a right winger like Eden Hazard in Jan., 4th place will be a gone case and most likely we'll finish 6th again or even 7th. Spurs, Arsenal and Newcastle seem unstoppable at the moment while we are more likely to lose or drop points.

dirk and bellamy?

its a long season as well, if arsenal lose RVP who is holding them together they will drop points ( i feel they will anyway), spurs are due a bad run and newcastle wont be top 6 by the end of the season i feel confident by that.. and id chuck chelsea into that group as well as they are not as good as they have been
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #305: Nov 01, 2011 08:51:49 am

If they get injured we play Dirk or Bellamy. If one of them also gets injured we only play 1 striker, like we've done many times in the past years. If both all 4 get injured we got some of the youth players, but what are the chances of that.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #306: Nov 21, 2011 09:53:20 pm
      I think we are on course to be challenging for the top 4 at the end of this season, but it will be very tough.  I am honestly less worried about Chelsea right now than I am about Tottenham and Arsenal.  I was telling people at the beginning of the season that the Gooners would still be a force this season, and now they seem to have settled in together they are banging out good performances and results.  And F**k me, the Spuds are rolling right now!!  They had a sh*t start against the two Manchester clubs, but they are about to go 8 wins and 1 draw from their last 9 league matches!!  I really hope that they start to slip up here soon, because they are red F***ing hot at the moment....
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #307: Dec 17, 2011 04:02:19 pm
      I think 4th would be good now

I said 3rd at the beginning of the season but we've had some silly draws, Norwich and Swansea at home, tut tut

It's so tight in the top half now that we can't expect to finish 3rd with results like that

if we finished 5th, i'd be a little disappointed but not crushed, because as has been said time and time again, this is a rebuilding process and for me, as long as we're gaining positions every season, that's good enough for a rebuilding process
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #308: Dec 18, 2011 08:18:33 pm
      Unless we sign a quality striker and a right winger like Eden Hazard in Jan., 4th place will be a gone case and most likely we'll finish 6th again or even 7th.

Whether Hazard or not......... we need a winger and striker.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #309: Dec 18, 2011 08:24:53 pm
      Defo need a winger,I dont know what would happen to Carroll if we got a decent striker that could come straight into the team.

With Kuyt Bellamy Suarez Carroll someone would have to make way.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #310: Dec 19, 2011 06:12:41 am
      Umm Kuyt? Hasnt looked like scoring, or providing anything for us
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #311: Dec 19, 2011 07:46:30 am
      I think 4th would be good now

I said 3rd at the beginning of the season but we've had some silly draws...

...It's so tight in the top half now that we can't expect to finish 3rd with results like that

Four points off a clear fourth and six off a clear third (at the moment) - are those 'extra' two points really such a big leap simo?  :confused-smiley-013:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #312: Dec 19, 2011 09:12:18 am
      BBC Sport.

QPR boss Neil Warnock predicted the most open title race for years...

"I think they have all got opportunities, and that includes Tottenham and Arsenal. I wouldn't write anybody off because I don't think there is a lot between them.

"Manchester City are as good anyone and you have seen what a good squad United have got and I would never write Chelsea off either.

"I don't think you can see the bookies making a price. It is going to be the closest for many years."

We are level with the Arse.

We have the best defence.

Haven't you forgotten someone Mr Warnock?
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #313: Dec 19, 2011 09:22:25 am
      We are still in the title race - Until mathematically impossible - why not?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #314: Dec 19, 2011 09:23:50 am
      Four points off a clear fourth and six off a clear third (at the moment) - are those 'extra' two points really such a big leap simo?  :confused-smiley-013:

Tottenham have a game in hand (against the Bitters at home), so they will be (very likely) 8 points ahead of us, over the same number of games played. Chelsea and Arsenal don't look too consistent, so we have a decent chance of finishing 4th, but we would need improvement in order to get there.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #315: Dec 19, 2011 04:51:30 pm
      We have only lost three times .
      In two, against Spurs and Fulham, we received red cards and were down a man.
      Stating the obvious but needs to be stated.

Wenger today has thrown in the towel about  the Arse getting the title.
      Can you ever see us doing that until its actually impossible?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #316: Dec 21, 2011 10:03:14 pm

Well, it seems that we are setting ourselves for an Europa League spot next season. It's a shame, since I feel that we have the quality to get into the top 4. Unfortunately, we have no-one to run the show on the pitch in Gerrard's absence.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #317: Dec 21, 2011 10:10:11 pm
      While our performances are pretty much top four standard and sometimes we look like title challenges when we face the bigger clubs, sadly, our results aren't top four standard.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #318: Jan 04, 2012 11:38:59 am
      We'll never win the title this season period.

Incredibly unlikely now.  While the defeats column isn't looking awful, we've drawn too many matches.  You need to win mid to high 20's games to be in with a shout and from here we are probably looking at low 20's as a best case scenario.

CL qualification remains in our hands.  Spurs do appear to have made 3rd place their own, but they have a collection of really difficult games from the end of January to March.  Any hope of us finishing above them probably rests on ensuring we beat them at home.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #319: Jan 15, 2012 12:07:05 pm
      Top 4 and at least one cup win still very possible so I'd say that would be progress.
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #320: Jan 16, 2012 11:08:45 am
      top 10 finish we will lose the 2nd leg at home so a semi in a cup is pretty good we will lose to the mancs in that 4th round as Howard Webb is the ref so all up hill from there really. Reason being is we cant f u cking score we need a striker NOW NOW NOW. End of rant.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #321: Jan 16, 2012 12:04:59 pm
      top 10 finish we will lose the 2nd leg at home so a semi in a cup is pretty good we will lose to the mancs in that 4th round as Howard Webb is the ref so all up hill from there really. Reason being is we cant f u cking score we need a striker NOW NOW NOW. End of rant.

Jaysus you aint half pessimistic are you?

Quick Reply