Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Crysis 2

Read 1594 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Crysis 2
      Mar 31, 2011 11:45:11 am
      Has anybody played Crysis 2 yet?

I didn't ever play the first one but I saw it running on a high end gaming pc in a shop and it was stunning. The theory then was that a game like Crysis couldn't run on a console because they couldn't handle the graphics so the only way to do it would be to make a simplified version.
      Now with the current generation of consoles (360 & PS3), they've managed it even though the game graphics have shifted to another level. I don't know what they've done exactly but apparently it's taken the whole gaming scene by surprise because it looks stunning.
      So forgetting about how it looks for a minute, I just wanted to know how playable it was? I downloaded a multiplayer demo yesterday but when I came to play it, they had shut down all the demo servers because the full game was out. Think they fu**ed up to be honest because had the demo been good, I may have been tempted to put some pennies aside!

So have any of you played it, on any platform?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Crysis 2
      Reply #1: Apr 05, 2011 12:49:02 pm
      EA's sculptured Crysis 2 a knockout game-changer

Christopher T. Fong

Crytek / Electronic Arts
      In first-person shooter Crytek 2, an alien infestation and virus overwhelm New York, requiring the skills of Alcatraz, whose "nanosuit" provides superpowers.

Crysis 2: First-person shooter. Developer: Crytek. Publisher: Electronic Arts. Platform: PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 (reviewed on PC). ESRB: M for Mature.

I've fallen in love again, head over heels. Step aside, Crysis: Your sequel is just as bubbly and stunning as you once were in 2007. You were amazing, but this latest model with the new streamlined features is just downright beautiful.

Crysis 2 is more focused and sculptured. The sequel isn't just a sci-fi knockout but a serious game-changer, making other recent first-person shooters seem mundane.

Leaving the tropical jungle and the North Korean army behind, Crysis 2 advances three years to the concrete jungle of New York City. An alien infestation and virus have devastated our beloved eastern city and its population. The military begins a citywide evacuation.

You, as Alcatraz, are entrusted with a "nanosuit" that empowers its user with super strength, speed, stealth and armored protection. You have one goal: Stop the aliens.

Crysis 2 is tightly designed with key objectives. Clear linear focus for a sandbox-style game is always a good thing. This allows the players to adapt their tactical style in different approaches with the suit's abilities - frontal attack (Rambo), flank (Napoleon) or stealth (Predator). The open-field maps give an intense experience; indoors felt, unfortunately, linear, uninteresting and, well, indoors.

The gameplay also streamlines the original's complicated suit-options wheel to quick keys that allows swift changes from stealth to speed and into armor mode. No more hiding in bushes to transform.

FPS multiplayer is once again addictive, very satisfying and the highlight of Crysis 2. The playing field completely changes with the nanosuit's abilities. Cloaked online players simply keep you on your toes. And activating armor makes instant fisticuffs all the better.

While the original ran beautifully on DirectX 10, it was a processor gas guzzler. Crysis 2 shipped on DirectX 9, making hardware requirements economical. Yet the game looks just as detailed and dense with its soft sunset lighting and crumbling environment.

Crysis 2 ups the ante not just visually but also with a powerful soundtrack. The opening theme, which renowned film composer Hans Zimmer ("The Dark Knight" and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2) collaborated on, sets a cinematic tone. The lush symphonic strings are as patriotic and dramatic as the game's cut scenes and intense firefights. And many thanks to the house composers (Borislav Slavov and Tilman Sillescu) for shelving the generic heavy-metal riffs.

After slow-dancing around the showroom floor and a test-drive, you'll purchase this off the lot. Crysis 2 is an ideal FPS for anyone looking for something more than the frumpy usual. Yeah, Crytek, you had me at "Hello." Again.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/04/DD961IPOBR.DTL#ixzz1IeGlGxfZ

I'll be getting this one.
      Black Ops step aside there and let this beauty through

Crysis 2 PC/360/PS3 Gameplay HD
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #2: Apr 05, 2011 01:15:47 pm
      I've played this, single player and multiplayer. It's a pretty good game. It has copied some of the CoD elements though, perks, killstreaks etc. But it doesn't feel like CoD, and it does look amazing. Gameplay is a bit slower than CoD, less rushing. Hard to say how good it really is, usually find that out after playing it alot over a longer period.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #3: May 02, 2011 08:44:35 pm
      Well I've rented this out for 5 days and after about 3 hours of play, I'm not really feeling it. There's nothing particularly wrong with it I just think we've been spoilt lately with so many good FPS games out there that I expected something special. I'd imagine people who like the Halo series would be more likely to enjoy this than CoD or Battlefield fans. It doesn't even look that amazing to me. I know I'm playing it on the 360 but before anyone harps on about the graphical superiority of the PS3 or high-end gaming PCs, I've seen graphics on other 360 games that equal these.
      I gave the single player game a rest after a couple of hours but will go back to it. First impression of the multiplayer game (only played death match) is that it's a bit too Halo-esque with people leaping around all over the place and as Dexter said, the kill streak rewards are just futuristic versions of  the ones in MW.
      I'll keep at it now I've forked out to rent it and get back to you later in the week but so far, bit of an anti-climax.   
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: May 02, 2011 09:29:54 pm
      Thanks for saving me money man :)
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #5: May 02, 2011 09:30:56 pm
      Should've asked me again Rep, I got bored with it quite fast myself. Forgot to post about it.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #6: May 02, 2011 09:31:18 pm
      Know what you mean, very big let down. Looked awesome to play, result wasn't near the hype. Disappointed.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #7: May 02, 2011 09:32:08 pm
      Well at least I didn't go out and buy it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #8: May 10, 2011 06:31:59 pm
      Crysis 2 Retaliation DLC Revealed
      Written Tuesday, May 10, 2011 by Richard Walker

EA has revealed that the first Crysis 2 DLC will be the Retaliation Map Pack, which includes four new multiplayer maps to battle it out on, in and around the destroyed streets of New York City.

The maps are called Park Avenue, Transit, Shipyard and Compound, and feature plenty of opportunity for ground-pounding, car kicking, massive leaps and huge explosions.

Check out the trailer for the Crysis 2 Retaliation Map Pack DLC below, which is scheduled for release on May 18th. However, give the PSN outage, that date will more likely be on or after May 31st. No price has yet been confirmed for the DLC, but something in the region of $9.99 might be a safe bet.

Crysis 2 Retaliation DLC Trailer

Quick Reply