Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Two And A Half Men: Kutcher Replaces Sheen

Read 2845 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Two And A Half Men: Kutcher Replaces Sheen
      May 14, 2011 09:19:42 am
      Ashton Kutcher replaces Sheen in Two and a Half Men

Ashton Kutcher will replace Charlie Sheen in the hit CBS comedy Two and a Half Men, Warner Bros Television says.

Kutcher, who is married to actress Demi Moore, has hosted the prank show Punk'd and is probably best known as Michael Kelso on Fox's That 70s Show.

"I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people," Kutcher said.

Warner cut the show short and fired Sheen two months ago amid outbursts and reported problems with drink and drugs.

Kutcher is a prolific tweeter and had earlier hinted on Twitter that he had the role, when he said: "What's the square root of 6.25?" (answer: 2.5).

"We are so lucky to have someone as talented, joyful and just plain remarkable as Ashton joining our family," said Chuck Lorre, the show's creator and executive producer.

"Added to that is the deep sigh of relief knowing that our family stays together. If I was any happier, it'd be illegal."

Sheen, who played hedonistic jingle writer Charlie Harper, was involved in a series of incidents that suggested he had personal problems.

Despite that, Two and a Half Men had continued its ratings success on the CBS network until Sheen's abrupt departure cut short the eighth series.

CBS said production on the ninth series of the comedy would start in the summer for broadcast in the autumn.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13397308
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Re: Two And A Half Men: Kutcher Replaces Sheen
      Reply #1: May 14, 2011 09:21:56 am
      Bet sheen loves this as he still gets paid for every episode made.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2: May 14, 2011 09:22:39 am
      Hmm, can't see it working. I know Two and a Half Men gets a lot of stick but I actually like it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3: May 15, 2011 08:50:20 pm
      Hmm, can't see it working. I know Two and a Half Men gets a lot of stick but I actually like it.

Me neither Rep. ...maybe, yeah, if he was replacing the fat 'kid' - he's every bit as wooden and slightly less mature - but not Charlie.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,607 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: May 15, 2011 11:03:44 pm
      Wasn't it just the Charlie Sheen indulgance show. Don't see how it works without him really
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: May 16, 2011 05:24:37 am
      Wasn't it just the Charlie Sheen indulgance show. Don't see how it works without him really

Exactly.

I think they should of given up on it though. I liked Two and a Half Men a lot, but it's getting worse in the last few seasons, way too repetitive, always the same stuff happening. Without Charlie Sheen, it would be better to simply end it.

Anyway, Ashton Kutcher was amazing on That 70's Show, an even better series IMO.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6: May 16, 2011 06:44:10 pm
      Anyway, Ashton Kutcher was amazing on That 70's Show, an even better series IMO.

Totally agree.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #7: May 17, 2011 03:11:31 am

I like Two and Half, but agreed - far superior show, and far smarter.

Kutcher played the dumbass seventies version of Charlie on that show in a way, so it could work :D I think they should have quit it as well, but i'll definitely give it a go with him in there. Go in with an open mind, treat it like a new show - could be a surprise.
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 28, 2011 12:03:55 am
      I think Kutchers a bit to young to pull off the role.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #9: Jun 30, 2011 07:10:29 pm
      I wouldnt have though kutcher will be playing the Charlie role... prob be an unknown kids of his that inherets the lot of charlies money(obv charlie dies in a rediculous way) and lets the brother and the kid live with him still... could work but i'm dubious but cant be worse than reality tv right?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #10: Jul 08, 2011 03:59:40 am
      what. the. F**k?

Quick Reply