Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Adel Taarabt ( QPR )

Read 13752 times
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 132 posts | -1 
      Adel Taarabt ( QPR )
      May 14, 2011 08:24:29 pm

Liverpool offer surprise exchange deal to land £12m playmaker

Metro are claiming that the Reds are prepared to cut their losses on the England international after a disastrous first season on Merseyside in order to land the player they feel Cole should be. The former Chelsea man arrived from Stamford Bridge last summer but was promptly sent off on his début against Arsenal and missed a crucial penalty in a Europa League tie against Trabzonspor. Injuries and an inability to find any kind of form have seen the one-time prodigy relegated to the substitutes' bench and now it appears his brief time at Anfield is coming to an end.

Whether QPR would sanction such a deal is questionable given the impact that Taarabt has had since his switch to Loftus Road – initially on loan but since made permanent – from Tottenham. Named the PFA Championship Player of the Year scoring 19 goals from his attacking midfield berth, he has been the catalyst bahind Rangers' running away with the Championship title. A mercurial talent equally capable of frustrating as inspiring, the Morocco international is certainly a star in the making and has seen interest in him come from such luminaries as Real Madrid and AC Milan.

Liverpool will hope to offer a player plus cash in a package they feel is worth around £12m while they will also offer to pay part of Cole's £90,000 per week wages in order to sweeten the deal even further.

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a20780_liverpool-offer-surprise-exchange-deal-land-playmaker
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Adel Taarabt ( QPR )
      Reply #1: May 14, 2011 08:28:09 pm
      Liverpool offer surprise exchange deal to land £12m playmaker

Metro are claiming that the Reds are prepared to cut their losses on the England international after a disastrous first season on Merseyside in order to land the player they feel Cole should be. The former Chelsea man arrived from Stamford Bridge last summer but was promptly sent off on his début against Arsenal and missed a crucial penalty in a Europa League tie against Trabzonspor. Injuries and an inability to find any kind of form have seen the one-time prodigy relegated to the substitutes' bench and now it appears his brief time at Anfield is coming to an end.

Whether QPR would sanction such a deal is questionable given the impact that Taarabt has had since his switch to Loftus Road – initially on loan but since made permanent – from Tottenham. Named the PFA Championship Player of the Year scoring 19 goals from his attacking midfield berth, he has been the catalyst bahind Rangers' running away with the Championship title. A mercurial talent equally capable of frustrating as inspiring, the Morocco international is certainly a star in the making and has seen interest in him come from such luminaries as Real Madrid and AC Milan.

Liverpool will hope to offer a player plus cash in a package they feel is worth around £12m while they will also offer to pay part of Cole's £90,000 per week wages in order to sweeten the deal even further.

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a20780_liverpool-offer-surprise-exchange-deal-land-playmaker

Yeah because Cole is gonna go play for QPR? This is a definite no.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2: May 14, 2011 08:41:54 pm
      Think the lad would be a poor signing to be honest watched him a couple of times for QPR and he will not get the time and space in the Premiership he has in the championship. Don't think he is good enough for a top Premiership team
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #3: May 14, 2011 08:50:59 pm

A poor man's Quaresma ... I don't want him anywhere near our club ...
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #4: May 14, 2011 08:52:00 pm
      No thanks, think we should be aiming a bit higher in terms of ability.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: May 14, 2011 09:01:01 pm
      I just can't see this happening. Plus I've heard he's a bit of a tw*t.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: May 14, 2011 09:16:45 pm
      Yes Adel Taarabt!! Love the guy!
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2011 09:25:12 pm by fields of anny rd »
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #7: May 14, 2011 09:38:39 pm
      Sell Cole to QPR by all means, but I doubt he is the quality we are after
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #8: May 14, 2011 09:51:48 pm
      Adel Taarabt - Mr. Showboat - 2010-2011

His talent is unquestionable, its his attitude which lets him down, and maybe he does over do it a little bit, but F**k me what a skilful player.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #9: May 14, 2011 09:54:38 pm
      Can't see him coming here as he not too long ago had a dig at Damien Comolli in the London Evening Standard

"The man who took me to Tottenham was Damien Comolli, now at Liverpool. He was at Arsenal then. But, when I was going to go to Arsenal, he moved to Tottenham. He told me: 'Come to Tottenham. We want to do like they do at Arsenal and take the best young players in the world. You're going to have a better chance there.' I believed him. This was a mistake and I regret it. Tottenham tried to do it like Arsenal but it's a different culture. I would have had a better chance at Arsenal. I would progress with Arsene Wenger. He is a legend in France, one of the best managers in the world".

Plus I've heard the deal's already been laughed off by Warnock, claiming they couldn't even afford half of Cole's wages.
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2011 10:07:54 pm by HUYTON RED »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10: May 14, 2011 10:09:19 pm
      A poor man's Quaresma ... I don't want him anywhere near our club ...

What happened to him, another that moved to a bigger club and flopped massively, seen him for Inter and Chelsea and was F***ing awful.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: May 14, 2011 10:11:30 pm
      What happened to him, another that moved to a bigger club and flopped massively, seen him for Inter and Chelsea and was F***ing awful.

Think he is playing in Turkey somewhere, perhaps Basiktas. CBA googling him :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #12: May 14, 2011 10:15:07 pm
      Didn't he say something like he deserves to be playing for Barca or Real or something like that?
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #13: May 14, 2011 10:16:10 pm
      What happened to him, another that moved to a bigger club and flopped massively, seen him for Inter and Chelsea and was f**king awful.

he might be the only player to have flopped in the three big leagues.....hes playing for beskitas now
      liverpoolforlive
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #14: May 14, 2011 10:17:26 pm
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #15: May 14, 2011 10:46:19 pm
      He's got temperament issues but I wouldn't mind giving the King a shot at reforming him... he has some moments of pure genius out there. He'd be a deffo upgrade on Cole so I wouldn't mind a player swap with some cash sprinkled on top, I think he's worth the risk personally
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16: May 14, 2011 11:20:41 pm
      He's got temperament issues but I wouldn't mind giving the King a shot at reforming him... he has some moments of pure genius out there. He'd be a deffo upgrade on Cole so I wouldn't mind a player swap with some cash sprinkled on top, I think he's worth the risk personally

Agree, deffo an upgrade from Cole. Worth a shot, but I don't think Cole will be interested in the swap deal.

They'll never meet his 90k a week. Dang, I get sick when I type this 90...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17: May 14, 2011 11:35:07 pm
      Agree, deffo an upgrade from Cole. Worth a shot, but I don't think Cole will be interested in the swap deal.

They'll never meet his 90k a week. Dang, I get sick when I type this 90...

QPR are one of the richest clubs about, 90K is nothing to them.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18: May 14, 2011 11:46:18 pm
      QPR are one of the richest clubs about, 90K is nothing to them.

Yea, I know they're loaded, but do you really think they'll splash that kind of dough on a player who's past his best.

Besides, he's a better player than Cole, and surely on a lower wage than him. I honestly don't think they'll bite.
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2011 11:52:12 pm by HoyaRed »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #19: May 15, 2011 12:57:20 am
      Yea, I know they're loaded, but do you really think they'll splash that kind of dough on a player who's past his best.

Besides, he's a better player than Cole, and surely on a lower wage than him. I honestly don't think they'll bite.

Perhaps your right, it would have to be a player plus cash deal or maybe a loan deal where we pay a fraction of his wages.

Things can be done, but your right it would take a bit of negotiating that one.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #20: May 15, 2011 01:01:52 am
      Course QPR could fork out the dough for Cole's wages. Though he might be asked to take a bit of a pay cut.

But like Hoya says why would QPR want Cole, who's clearly past it and lost it, instead of Taarabt who may well prove to be a good player at this level.
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #21: May 15, 2011 03:17:38 am
      watching the 2nd video I think he lost the ball more times than anything else, because he is a greedy tw*t..
      This guy is trying to win the game himself and forgets there is a team about him .Or he thinks he is another ladyboy or Nani..
      I say stay away from him
      liverpoolforlive
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #22: May 15, 2011 09:08:02 am
      watching the 2nd video I think he lost the ball more times than anything else, because he is a greedy tw*t..
      This guy is trying to win the game himself and forgets there is a team about him .Or he thinks he is another ladyboy or Nani..
      I say stay away from him

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/7361/9/exclusive-curle-taarabt-has-enough-quality-premier-league-success

Taarabt was Rangers’ top scorer with 19 goals and 16 assists and Curle believes the Moroccan can continue his good form in the Premier League.

Dailymotion Assist Adel Taarabt in the QPR game vs Coventry a Sports & Extreme video#from embed#from embed#from embed
      AMAZING PASSE DE TAARABET
      Taarabt vs Preston

For 5 millions £ or even 5 millions £ + Cole..... it's ok for me

Quick Reply