Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Adel Taarabt ( QPR )

Read 13804 times
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Re: Adel Taarabt ( QPR )
      Reply #23: May 15, 2011 10:37:19 am
      Well the talent is unquestionble,he is very gifted,might be worth a shot as a sub/squad player,but at 12million thats taking the piss.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #24: May 16, 2011 09:52:23 am
      Definitely a talented player without a doubt but for some reason, I can't put my finger on it but I would rather we steered clear.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #25: May 16, 2011 02:13:07 pm
      Very good player, an upgrade on Cole that's for sure.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #26: May 16, 2011 06:18:54 pm
      Well the talent is unquestionble,he is very gifted,might be worth a shot as a sub/squad player,but at 12million thats taking the piss.
      QPR don't need to sell though, they're loaded. Can't see us getting anyone off them on the cheap.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: May 16, 2011 07:24:21 pm
      Well we'll see how he gets on next season in the league. Right now, in all fairness, i think we can aim a bit higher than this tw*t.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #28: May 16, 2011 07:28:41 pm
      QPR don't need to sell though, they're loaded. Can't see us getting anyone off them on the cheap.
      Yep your right there mate,keep forgetting that they are minted.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #29: May 16, 2011 08:03:24 pm
      I'd get him. Much better than Cole and extremely young.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #30: May 16, 2011 08:07:21 pm
      Not a team player though and that can be disruptive
      liverpoolforlive
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #31: May 16, 2011 08:48:30 pm
      I'd get him. Much better than Cole and extremely young.

for 5 M£ or even 10 M£...
      but the problem with him are ..........

Adel Taarabt QPR at Hull City
      QPR's Adel Taarabt punching Watford's changing room ceiling

so no thank
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #32: May 17, 2011 12:34:37 am
      See what he does in the Premier League and then maybe think about it.

At the moment, nah not for me.
      liverpoolforlive
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #33: May 17, 2011 02:55:53 pm
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #34: May 17, 2011 05:56:14 pm
      Could be unreal or could be sh*t.

Doubt it would be in between.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #35: May 18, 2011 12:14:45 am
      Having seen highlights of this bloke its no doubt he can do some very special things on the football field.

He i think has more talent then he does attitude. Kenny probably wouldn't want him but i would.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #36: May 18, 2011 12:30:19 am
      Having seen highlights of this bloke its no doubt he can do some very special things on the football field.
      That is the point with Taarabt ... He is a highlight player ... A poor man's version of Quaresma ...
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #37: May 18, 2011 03:22:01 am
      Maybe we need someone like him to give us a little flair? We have a bunch of solid players but not many outside of Suarez really are that fancy.
      liverpoolforlive
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #38: May 18, 2011 09:04:07 am

He I think has more talent then he does attitude. Kenny probably wouldn't want him but I would.

he has a good finish...

Adel TAARABT - 5 amazing goals
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #39: Jun 04, 2011 12:30:55 am
      Queens Park Rangers' Adel Taarabt has stormed out of the Moroccan camp after learning he would not start Saturday's African qualifier against Algeria.

The temperamental midfielder has vowed to quit international football for good after being told he would start the Marrakech clash on the bench.

"I am currently in Marseille," he told Moroccan station Radio Mars on Friday.

"I never want to play for the national team again, with or without (Morocco coach) Eric Gerets."

Moroccan sports correspondent Hakim Gazaoui has told the BBC that fans in Morocco have reacted with anger to Taarabt's move.

After the playmaker was told he would be benched for the Group D clash, Taarabt, 22, reacted by flying to France.

"I decided to quit the national team after learning that I was not going to start against Algeria," Taarabt explained.

"I left without giving any explanations to the coach. I did not want to create any problems within the squad."

"The national team is now finished for me. I would prefer to represent my country through my club."

Taarabt was a key factor in QPR's recent promotion to the Premier League, being named the Championship player of the year.

He has had problems with the Moroccan team before, reacting badly when forced to start last October's 2012 Nations Cup qualifier against Tanzania on the bench.

Having played for France at youth level, Taarabt made his debut for the land of his birth in 2009.

Morocco were already without freescoring Ajax Amsterdam striker Mounir al-Hamdoui for the spicy Algeria clash, with the Atlas Lions keen to avenge their 1-0 defeat in Annaba in March.

Both North African sides lie in the bottom half of Group D, trailing Central African Republic and Tanzania, although all four teams boast four points at present.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13648196.stm

What a terrible attitude this diva has, i definetly dont want him near the club.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #40: Jun 04, 2011 12:35:16 am
      No thanks.

He has too much ego in him.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #41: Jun 04, 2011 04:45:02 am
      Wow. I like Taarabt a lot as a player, but that is ridiculous. Personally I would give him a chance at the club because I would like to see if Kenny could screw his head on straight, but at this point I think it would be a huge risk because I honestly don't know if he is reformable. And thats too bad, because he is a talented, talented player. sh*t like that makes me so mad, why does someone like that get those skills?? but anyways, people can change and I hope he does, and it would be very cool if the King was the one to do it and Taarabt shined on the field
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #42: Jun 04, 2011 04:51:54 am
      Wow. I like Taarabt a lot as a player, but that is ridiculous. Personally I would give him a chance at the club because I would like to see if Kenny could screw his head on straight, but at this point I think it would be a huge risk because I honestly don't know if he is reformable. And thats too bad, because he is a talented, talented player. Sh*t like that makes me so mad, why does someone like that get those skills?? but anyways, people can change and I hope he does, and it would be very cool if the King was the one to do it and Taarabt shined on the field

We have plenty of other options. Definitely don't want him. If he has such a big ego and thinks of himself better than everyone else, I don't want him. He was pretty far down my pecking order anyways.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43: Jun 04, 2011 05:20:39 am
      Selfish in every aspect. Want him nowhere near LFC.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #44: Jun 04, 2011 05:47:28 am
      No thanks.

He has too much ego in him.
      I for one would not mind him ending up here. Look at all the names of the greats in world football. The Peles, the Maradonas, the Ronaldos, the Cruffs, etc. All players have ego, if i was Taarabt playing for a Morocco team missing its biggest star, and with the knowledge that i am superior to many of the starting eleven and coming on the back of a wonderful season i would really mind being benched and that too consistently over the years. People complain that players do not take games by the scruff of the neck and show their repertoire of skills in games, but that is what the ego driven player gives you, they want to be the main man, the guy running the show. And anyway players are not stupid, they know and see it if they are better or worser than their teammates. If taarabt was to come to liverpool, i feel he will know his place and that would be in the first eleven. He knows he will have to perform or he will be benched so the ego driven player will work very hard to succeed no matter what and that is what is so charming about these type of players, their determination to succeed. There are many types of ego driven players, some are the quiet ones, some the more loud ones and Taarabt is the loud kind. Every big team have a bunch of big egos in it especially the world class players, look at Torres now, if he was in the Liverpool bench he would have surely complained but since he did not perform he has to keep shut at Chelsea. Likewise the ego driven player is not stupid (except for Rooney) and having them in the team guarantees you that he will work as hard as possible to succeed and that can only be good for the team. And the amount of ego a player has is directly proportional to the amount of ability he has or he thinks he has. So why not bring him here, if he has the ability and Kenny and the other boys think he has it, of course we know that comolli thinks he has it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #45: Jun 04, 2011 08:49:23 am
      Will struggle in the premiership and his attitude stinks

Quick Reply