Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Adel Taarabt ( QPR )

Read 13823 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Adel Taarabt ( QPR )
      Reply #46: Jun 04, 2011 09:11:48 am
       After his tantrums with Morocco I think he would be a player to steer clear of,the last thing we need is temperemental footballers who think they are bigger than the club.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #47: Jun 04, 2011 09:49:46 am
      Little sh*t like a spoiled child,dont want him anywhere near Liverpool.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #48: Jun 04, 2011 10:27:33 am
      Doesn't seem to have the right attitude at all for a young player.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #49: Jun 04, 2011 10:48:39 am
      I for one would not mind him ending up here. Look at all the names of the greats in world football. The Peles, the Maradonas, the Ronaldos, the Cruffs, etc.

who are the cruffs?
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #50: Jun 04, 2011 10:58:48 am
      Give him a backhander. Oh and no I don't want him here, good player, sh*t role model.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #51: Jun 04, 2011 11:24:58 am
      I for one would not mind him ending up here. Look at all the names of the greats in world football. The Peles, the Maradonas, the Ronaldos, the Cruffs, etc. All players have ego, if i was Taarabt playing for a Morocco team missing its biggest star, and with the knowledge that i am superior to many of the starting eleven and coming on the back of a wonderful season i would really mind being benched and that too consistently over the years. People complain that players do not take games by the scruff of the neck and show their repertoire of skills in games, but that is what the ego driven player gives you, they want to be the main man, the guy running the show. And anyway players are not stupid, they know and see it if they are better or worser than their teammates. If taarabt was to come to liverpool, i feel he will know his place and that would be in the first eleven. He knows he will have to perform or he will be benched so the ego driven player will work very hard to succeed no matter what and that is what is so charming about these type of players, their determination to succeed. There are many types of ego driven players, some are the quiet ones, some the more loud ones and Taarabt is the loud kind. Every big team have a bunch of big egos in it especially the world class players, look at Torres now, if he was in the Liverpool bench he would have surely complained but since he did not perform he has to keep shut at Chelsea. Likewise the ego driven player is not stupid (except for Rooney) and having them in the team guarantees you that he will work as hard as possible to succeed and that can only be good for the team. And the amount of ego a player has is directly proportional to the amount of ability he has or he thinks he has. So why not bring him here, if he has the ability and Kenny and the other boys think he has it, of course we know that comolli thinks he has it.
      It's a disgrace you even try to compare him with those big names in football. The kid is 22 and has had one good season in the championship! So what that he has been benched consistently over the past 2 years, he's F***ing 22 years old. I imagine they played Boussoufa and Hadji ahead of him, which is more than understandable. Nothing charming about this guy. And you can say all you want about egos being normal for good players, but how many left their national side at 22 years old saying they'll never play for them again? He's an idiot.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #52: Jun 04, 2011 11:29:56 am
      excuse my language.......but hes a c**t
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #53: Jun 04, 2011 11:32:51 am
      And he thought he should be playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona, didn't he?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #54: Jun 04, 2011 11:40:50 am

stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #55: Jun 06, 2011 12:01:28 pm
      Liverpool are reportedly readying a bid for Qpr playmaker Adel Taarabt as Kenny Dalglish looks to bring in youthful additions to his Anfield squad this summer. The Moroccan international had an excellent season at Loftus Road last term helping Neil Warnock’s side to the Championship title and is now the subject of great interest from a number of clubs both in the Premier League and from the continent.

The 22 year old former Lens man is a player that Liverpool’s director of football Damien Comolli knows well having brought the precocious talent to Tottenham during his stint at White Hart Lane. The French talent spotter now hopes to lure the playmaker to Merseyside.

Qpr boss Warnock has stated his concern that the West London side will not be able to keep hold of such a talented individual and with the likes of Arsenal, Juventus and a number of La Liga sides said to be interested the Super Hoops may struggle to keep Taarabt at the club.

Taarabt had two loan spells at QPR whilst at Tottenham and was signed on a permanent basis last summer for a fee of around £2.5m and it is believed that Liverpool are willing to offer three times that amount as an opening bid.

Liverpool’s new owners are willing to make substantial moves in the transfer market this summer as they look to take the club back into the top four and are looking to bring in players with great potential and Taarabt may well be tempted by a move to the club.

On Friday Taarabt sensationally stated his intention to quit international football after falling out with Moroccan coach Eric Gerets, this development would make the QPR man even more of an attractive asset as this would mean he would not take part in the African Nations Cup Next January and February.

Last season Taarabt notched up 16 assists and 19 goals and was named Football League Player of the Year.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/06/06/liverpool-plan-7-5m-bid-for-qpr-playmaker-adel-taarabt/

sh*t source but still getting linked with him. ??? ???
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #56: Jun 06, 2011 12:05:00 pm
      sh*t attitude and average player. Mark my words the lad will struggle in the Premiership, he will not get the same space in the Premiership he has got this season. Reminds me a bit of West Broms Dorrans, he looked like an unreal prospect in the Championship last season oozed ability but when he came up to the Premiership he disappeared this will happen with this lad as well
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #57: Jun 06, 2011 12:08:49 pm
      I think the same Corbally his attitude stinks,and he is very small looks very weak,decent with a ball but his attitude makes him a no go in my eyes.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #58: Jun 06, 2011 12:15:35 pm
      He walked out on his country for good because he wasen't starting one game. Definitely not the type of player we want here.

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #59: Jun 06, 2011 12:18:02 pm
      I dont care about all this "bad attitude" sh*te.. If he has one.. Kenny would iron it out... You lot sound like a bunch of school teachers.. ;D
      Not to say the boys world class yet but a potentially bad temprement is a small price to pay for genius.. In any sport..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #60: Jun 06, 2011 12:25:32 pm
      He is far from a F***ing genius, an average player with a F***ing shocking attitude, ya could see him being happy on the bench for us with what he is after doing to his country. Attitude is a massive part of whether you buy a player
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #61: Jun 06, 2011 12:25:40 pm
      A leopard never changes it's spots.

Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #62: Jun 06, 2011 12:28:39 pm
      Wouldn't touch this lad with a barge pole
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #63: Jun 06, 2011 12:31:11 pm
      sh*te source though so don't think we have much to worry about.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #64: Jun 06, 2011 12:35:10 pm
      He is far from a F***ing genius, an average player with a F***ing shocking attitude, ya could see him being happy on the bench for us with what he is after doing to his country. Attitude is a massive part of whether you buy a player

There is nothing average about Taarabt. Everything he does is different. He may as an all round player not be good enough, but he isn't your run of the mill player.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #65: Jun 06, 2011 12:39:31 pm

Not to say the boys world class yet but a potentially bad temprement is a small price to pay for genius.. In any sport..

Agreed to an extent, sometimes madness goes hand in hand with genius, think Di Canio, Cantona and even to an extent Zidane.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #66: Jun 06, 2011 12:42:21 pm
      Other did Cantona did any of them walk out on there country because they were on the bench at 22. I stand by he is average ya he has a bit of skill but I'll put money on it he won't be anywhere near as effective against better defenders
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #67: Jun 06, 2011 01:00:09 pm
      A bit of skill? He is skill!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #68: Jun 06, 2011 01:07:32 pm
      A bit, if you give a player space Kuyt could look skillful, lets see how skillfull he is in the Premiership I'm willing to bet he flops in the Premiership like he did with Spurs who were happy to get rid of him

Quick Reply