Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Rooney Injured

Read 3562 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Rooney Injured
      Aug 12, 2007 06:44:13 pm
      From BBC

Rooney faces scan on foot injury 
      Wayne Rooney lasted only 45 minutes of the new Premier League season after injuring his foot in Manchester United's goalless draw with Reading. Reading defender Michael Duberry accidentally landed on the 21-year-old's foot in the 37th minute and the striker now faces a scan. Rooney received treatment on the pitch but hobbled off, bootless, at the interval to be replaced by Nani. Manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "We will have to see what a scan tells us." Ferguson added: "It was a painful blow and Wayne could not really stand on his foot. I do not think it is as serious an injury as when he broke his metatarsal.
      "But his foot did start to swell and it was not worth starting him in the second half."

I am sure I can say we wish him a speedy recovery  :boggl3y3dummy-ani:.  :D  :D  :D  :D
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: Rooney Injured
      Reply #1: Aug 12, 2007 07:00:22 pm
      From BBC

Rooney faces scan on foot injury 
      Wayne Rooney lasted only 45 minutes of the new Premier League season after injuring his foot in Manchester United's goalless draw with Reading. Reading defender Michael Duberry accidentally landed on the 21-year-old's foot in the 37th minute and the striker now faces a scan. Rooney received treatment on the pitch but hobbled off, bootless, at the interval to be replaced by Nani. Manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "We will have to see what a scan tells us." Ferguson added: "It was a painful blow and Wayne could not really stand on his foot. I do not think it is as serious an injury as when he broke his metatarsal.
      "But his foot did start to swell and it was not worth starting him in the second half."

I am sure I can say we wish him a speedy recovery  :boggl3y3dummy-ani:.  :D  :D  :D  :D

My guess is that it is his weakened metatarsal foot that is injured and he could be out for a few weeks at the most.  Shame for united tho (not)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Aug 12, 2007 07:12:44 pm
      My guess is that it is his weakened metatarsal foot that is injured and he could be out for a few weeks at the most.  Shame for united tho (not)

Well, he's fractured his foot, that's for sure! Good job they got Tevez isn't it.... ::)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6931068.stm

Manchester United had an uncomfortable start to the season as the champions were outsmarted tactically by Reading.
      Worryingly, United also had to withdraw Wayne Rooney at the interval when the England striker fractured his foot after a challenge by Michael Duberry.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #3: Aug 12, 2007 07:18:51 pm
       ;Dwhat a shame my heart bleeds for him. ;D
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #4: Aug 12, 2007 07:21:53 pm
      Well, he's fractured his foot, that's for sure! Good job they got Tevez isn't it.... ::)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6931068.stm

Manchester United had an uncomfortable start to the season as the champions were outsmarted tactically by Reading.

Worryingly, United also had to withdraw Wayne Rooney at the interval when the England striker fractured his foot after a challenge by Michael Duberry.

That was a poor start from united I thought even the Nanny magic was not enough to penetrate that Reading back line.  Credit to Reading tho after alot of the media are dubbing them as having "second season syndrome" what a load of b****ks

I can see them finishing pretty well again this season if they can keep this mentality
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Aug 12, 2007 08:22:42 pm

/quote]

It will match his head then wont it   ;) :D
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #6: Aug 12, 2007 08:27:57 pm

/quote]

It will match his head then wont it   ;) :D

Back of the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #7: Aug 19, 2007 02:44:12 pm
      Half time 1-0 to City

<funny>
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #8: Aug 19, 2007 03:11:05 pm
      This season has started off awesome for us....in terms of Manure's terrible-ness.
      Their coach has been outcoached in all 3 games so far.
      Their finishing looks woeful. (Shades of 06/07 liverpool :P)
      Rooney out for quite a few months.
      Ronaldo for 3 games.

If we get a decent lead in the next few weeks/months.....we should win the EPL.
      Reason being, Chelsea are screwed when Africa Cup comes around...while we only lose Sissoko. :D

Quick Reply