Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Dennis Praet (RCS Anderlecht)

Read 3348 times
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 261 posts |
      Dennis Praet (RCS Anderlecht)
      May 17, 2011 12:35:11 am
      Apparently the wonderkid,playmaker will sign for LFC ahead of Chelsea:

¨..Speculation continues to grow that Belgian starlet Dennis Praet will make a move to Liverpool rather than Chelsea, according to reports from TALKsport.

Liverpool entered the race for the wonderkid last week, and although Chelsea had long been connected with Praet, the Stamford Bridge club is looking like falling away to the allure of playing for Dalglish and the history rich club of Liverpool.

While Chelsea can offer the 16-year-old guaranteed Champions League experience, Liverpool have a long term plan to be challenging for trophies in the next 2-3 years, and with big signings Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez taking Liverpool to some of their best form in the past 18 months, Praet reportedly found he was torn between the two clubs based on their form...¨

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-shoot-past-chelsea-to-sign-5m-wonderkid

Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Dennis Praet (RCS Anderlecht)
      Reply #1: May 17, 2011 12:23:22 pm
      Can't say I have ever heard of him but with Commoli in our ranks, I wouldn't be surprised.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: May 17, 2011 08:49:01 pm
      Apparently the wonderkid,playmaker will sign for LFC ahead of Chelsea:

¨..Speculation continues to grow that Belgian starlet Dennis Praet will make a move to Liverpool rather than Chelsea, according to reports from TALKsport.

Liverpool entered the race for the wonderkid last week, and although Chelsea had long been connected with Praet, the Stamford Bridge club is looking like falling away to the allure of playing for Dalglish and the history rich club of Liverpool.

While Chelsea can offer the 16-year-old guaranteed Champions League experience, Liverpool have a long term plan to be challenging for trophies in the next 2-3 years, and with big signings Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez taking Liverpool to some of their best form in the past 18 months, Praet reportedly found he was torn between the two clubs based on their form...¨

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-shoot-past-chelsea-to-sign-5m-wonderkid

That's a load of sh*t (the part in bold), isn't it? I mean, what difference does it make for him if Chelsea or Liverpool are in the UCL? He's not going to play anyway.

As for the player, never heard of him to be honest.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 261 posts |
      Reply #3: May 17, 2011 09:09:21 pm
      Haha,guess you´re right mate.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #4: May 17, 2011 09:19:34 pm
      Lot of good young Belgian players around! No idea who he is but maybe he'll turn out well. Quick search reveals he was also linked with Barca and Arsenal.

Neglects to mention our Academy is pretty sharp too, think that could well be a factor.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #5: May 17, 2011 09:19:58 pm
      ''So much negativity''. Buying youth is our new policy is it not?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: May 17, 2011 09:33:29 pm
      If he goes to Chelsea, he'll join their long list of youth products such as...uhhhh....and uhhhh...
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #7: May 17, 2011 09:55:26 pm
      If he goes to Chelsea, he'll join their long list of youth products such as...uhhhh....and uhhhh...

They have a few... Mceachran and Bruma spring to mind.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: May 17, 2011 10:30:01 pm
      They have a few... Mceachran and Bruma spring to mind.

Yes they've made quite the impact at the senior level so far.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #9: May 17, 2011 10:44:45 pm
      Yes they've made quite the impact at the senior level so far.

actually the chelsea lad McEachan (sorry if i spelled it wrong) is very highly rated by chelsea. from what i have seen he looks a good little player. anyway, enough of chelsea.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: May 17, 2011 11:16:06 pm
      Yes I get Mceachran is quite the prospect. Could name a million highly rated prospects. I was just pointing out that Chelsea's youth system hasn't exactly churned out a sh*t-ton of quality prospects, due in large part to them buying up older players. That precedent alone would lead me to shy away if I was a youth product myself.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #11: May 18, 2011 01:18:05 am
      Wouldn't suprise me.

Quick Reply