Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Derek Acorah claims he predicted KK would return the glory days back to Anfield

Read 1855 times
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Derek Acorah claims he predicted KK would return the glory days back to Anfield
      May 21, 2011 04:50:42 pm
      TV psychic Derek Acorah claims he predicted several years ago that Kenny Dalglish would return to the dugout to bring the glory days back to Anfield.

The Reds fan - and former Liverpool Reserves player - made the claim on talkSPORT.

He said: "His lovely wife came for a private reading at my office with another footballer's wife.

"In the last part of the reading before the lady stood up I said, 'You know what I'm getting here? It's that your husband, Kenny Dalglish, will be coming back to Liverpool to rescue them and he will restore it all.'

"They were my last words to the lady and she's got that on tape."

Acorah played a handful of games for our second string under Bill Shankly, who was dismissive of the young apprentice's psychic powers.

"You have to leave it at home - that's what Shanks told me," Acorah told Liverpoolfc.tv during an interview several years ago.

The topic had arisen after a players' lunch at which Acorah warned the late Emlyn Hughes to be careful when he picked up his new car the next day.

Hughes called him a 'weirdo' and that was that until the charismatic defender turned up late for training the following day.

"When he eventually got there it didn't take a minute to get round that he'd smashed the car up and it was a write off," Acorah added.

"Shanks got me into the office and said, 'Son, where did you get all this from? You leave that at home, you just bring your boots here and play football.'"

Author: Jimmy Rice
      Tagged: derek acorah , kenny dalglish
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Address
      Reply #1: May 21, 2011 06:38:07 pm
      I predicted a long time ago that on this day I'd take a piss and sure enough I did. Just waiting for the call from the Daily Mail.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Re: Derek Acorah claims he predicted KK would return the glory days back to Anfield
      Reply #2: May 21, 2011 07:00:07 pm
      Hope he's not passing ITK knowledge on as that's not the Liverpool way.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: Derek Acorah claims he predicted KK would return the glory days back to Anfield
      Reply #3: May 21, 2011 07:21:16 pm
       I predicted Ryan Giggs will win "Husband of the Year"
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4: May 21, 2011 07:31:35 pm
      Bet he never predicted this.

Locked.

Sorry, it's just going to go off topic, and Acorah is always smart after the fact, pity he never predicted H&G or the Lotto numbers.

Quick Reply