Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Luis Suarez
      (20.9%)
      John Flanagan
      (25.4%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (35.8%)
      Someone else
      (17.9%)

Aston Villa 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 37670 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Aston Villa 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: May 23, 2011 12:47:42 am
      This man deserves to be called a "Red" for life.Over the last 4 years,some have worked tirelessly to rid the club of gobshites,at great personal sacrifice,and now deserve the privelege,to view their opinions at the end of the season,which is our Liverpool Way.

Joke
      Head

Geddit?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #438: May 23, 2011 01:07:05 am
      Explain,I,ve only been around for 46 years,perhaps you know better.Intrnet gobshites don't register.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #439: May 23, 2011 01:17:27 am
      Explain,I,ve only been around for 46 years,perhaps you know better.Intrnet gobshites don't register.

Stop being a gobs***e, I wasn't attacking his fan credentials.  I'll explain for you.  

EUROred said NO EURO diversions next season,  so I asked if that meant we just call him RED from next season.  God knows what you read into it, or are you just being ornery?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #440: May 23, 2011 01:36:57 am
      Stop being a gobs***e, I wasn't attacking his fan credentials.  I'll explain for you. 

EUROred said NO EURO diversions next season,  so I asked if that meant we just call him RED from next season.  God knows what you read into it, or are you just being ornery?
      No,I survived,Heisel and Hillsborough in person.I have attended all the European finals since 1977,I have had a season ticket for 46 years,I sold my house and business in order to move closer to Town,to participate,in the Spirit of Shankly demonstrations against our corrupt owners.Yet you call me a gobs***e?I think not fit for this forum
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #441: May 23, 2011 02:01:05 am
      When was the last time we didn't qualify for European football.

We ended up today with the same number of points (58) that got Houllier fired in 2004, yet qualified us for the Champions League that we went on to win!

Totally bizarre.

Weird as F**k that.

Disappointed the way the year ended, but pretty excited besides that as to what we have to look forward to. Full pre-season with Kenny and some spending on quality should see us right back in it.

RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #442: May 23, 2011 02:02:36 am
      Stop being a gobs***e, I wasn't attacking his fan credentials.  I'll explain for you. 

EUROred said NO EURO diversions next season,  so I asked if that meant we just call him RED from next season.  God knows what you read into it, or are you just being ornery?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #443: May 23, 2011 02:04:33 am
      No,I survived,Heisel and Hillsborough in person.I have attended all the European finals since 1977,I have had a season ticket for 46 years,I sold my house and business in order to move closer to Town,to participate,in the Spirit of Shankly demonstrations against our corrupt owners.Yet you call me a gobs***e?I think not fit for this forum

Settle down Roy, you are not reading his posts properly. You called him a gobs***e first, completely uncalled for as well.

Before you go off on one, just make sure you read into it mate. He was just making a funny, nothing more.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #444: May 23, 2011 02:49:57 am
      Hey come on guys cool off a bit. At least you're passionate Liverpool supporters. Now seeing as it's the end of the season...let's all get drunk and play ping pong!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #445: May 23, 2011 03:00:29 am
      Does that mean we just call you Red next season?

Thats BANG! out of order mate, how F***ing dare you. gobs***e.  :f_tongueincheek:
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #446: May 23, 2011 03:46:36 am

Ornery,yes,Iv'e had to deal with lots of gobshites over the years,but our member Eurored,has been instumental,in the removal of the worst cancer in our history,so he deserves my ultimate support.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #447: May 23, 2011 04:38:40 am
      Now we can look forward to who is actually coming in during the summer. I don't really care who we bring in and I don't think anyone should really worry or fret over it. It is in Comolli and Dalglish's hands and as you can tell they have been scouting the wide range of talent. And with financial backing from our new owners, they can pursue whoever. So whoever comes in will come from quality scouting and will make this team better.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #448: May 23, 2011 05:37:11 am
      Did he Play? I watch the whole game but never saw him.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #449: May 23, 2011 08:28:58 am
       Disappointed with the result just as I would be with any loss,I did not feel we played well at all but we had enough chances to have won it in the last 20 minutes.Regarding Joe Cole he has to be the biggest let down for a player I expected so much from when we signed him,I could not believe our luck when we signed him but sadly he has never produced the form he had at Chelsea.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #450: May 23, 2011 08:34:01 am
      Not sure Cole was playing, but there was some fat little gimp trolling around wearing the no.10... I think he was Care in the Community?
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #451: May 23, 2011 08:46:05 am
      Crap end to a crap season.

Hopefully the fat gimp as TKIDLLTK called him has pulled on the liverpool shirt for the last season.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #452: May 23, 2011 08:49:36 am
      Crap end to a crap season.

Hopefully the fat gimp as TKIDLLTK called him has pulled on the liverpool shirt for the last season.
      I feel pretty confident that will be the case,by by Joe.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #453: May 23, 2011 12:53:41 pm
      Some of our fans though, ashamed to say, were disgraceful at the end.  Some of our lads came over, chucked some memorabilia into the crowd, I saw punches thrown, at least two cuffed and led away by the police, who were given no option but to intervene.

Have you heard the full story though Roddenberry, because you shouldn't rush to slag some of the lads that attend aways, one of the lads that lives by ours also went the match and was down amongst them. He said it all kicked off when Carra went and pointed at some young kid who he was throwing his shirt to and some F***ing scally gobs***e came over and grabbed  it, that was were the kick offs happened. One of the fellas that got arrested was trying to intervene and throw an arm around said scally gobs***e, when the stewards came steaming in

http://propaganda.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/110522-Aston-Villa-v-Liverpool/G0000Qr0Kapy4K.E/I00000TmVDK_bS30

seems the villa stewards getting a bollocking off police was caught on camera too (if the link says password required, the password is propaganda)

My mate said he saw the kid with the Carra shirt walking out of the ground, so it sort of has a happy ending.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #454: May 23, 2011 01:04:28 pm
      Thought Flanno was brilliant yesterday. He was getting up and down the wing and some people may have forgotten but he was up against 3 very difficult players to play against, in Young, Downing and Albrighton, and yet handled himself very well. His performances in the first XI may well convince Kenny that we don't need to spend millions of pounds on a full-back. Yes, we need one but Flanno has done us proud in recent months and I hope he retains his place in the team for next season.

Those pictures of the lad being arrested just shows what some people are capable off. Complete and utter pr**k! I mean, Carra was trying to make a young supporters dream come true and this guy was just being a dick. Complete disgrace!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #455: May 23, 2011 01:08:47 pm
      Those pictures of the lad being arrested just shows what some people are capable off. Complete and utter pr**k! I mean, Carra was trying to make a young supporters dream come true and this guy was just being a dick. Complete disgrace!

The lad in the black trackie and shaved head was the lad who robbed the shirt, the fella being arrested face down on the pitch was trying to grab the scumbag.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #456: May 23, 2011 01:26:35 pm
      What a way to end our miserable, at times, season. 2 losses on the bounce. I definatley didn't see that coming. To think we lost both and at the same time didn't score in either game is a bit perplexing considering our goal scoring record since Roy left.

Oh well bring on 2011-12 season. Anyone know how many days to go till it all kicks off again? Hopefully we have a massive summer and we coming out fighting on all 3 domestic fronts next season.

I'm gonna miss the lads but I'll be on here every day checking out what's going on in the wonderful world of The Liverpool Football Club.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #457: May 23, 2011 04:00:10 pm
      Have you heard the full story though Roddenberry, because you shouldn't rush to slag some of the lads that attend aways, one of the lads that lives by ours also went the match and was down amongst them. He said it all kicked off when Carra went and pointed at some young kid who he was throwing his shirt to and some F***ing scally gobs***e came over and grabbed  it, that was were the kick offs happened. One of the fellas that got arrested was trying to intervene and throw an arm around said scally gobs***e, when the stewards came steaming in

http://propaganda.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/110522-Aston-Villa-v-Liverpool/G0000Qr0Kapy4K.E/I00000TmVDK_bS30

seems the villa stewards getting a bollocking off police was caught on camera too (if the link says password required, the password is propaganda)

My mate said he saw the kid with the Carra shirt walking out of the ground, so it sort of has a happy ending.

I saw the punches and the arrests, didn't get the full story, in the upper tier.  If one fan acted like a tw*t though, it is one fan to many, especially if Carra had pointed out he was flinging it to the kid.
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #458: May 23, 2011 06:05:48 pm
      drik kuyt cannot be allowed to play as a winger. He's piss poor technically and cant beat a man. Successive manaagers keep making this mistake.

Ok maybe he's not Messi but i know a sh*tload of teams that would be happy to have him. His commitment, energy, endurance (i'm sure he has 3 lungs!) and his ability to score made him one of my favorite Red.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #459: May 23, 2011 07:25:09 pm
      The lad in the black trackie and shaved head was the lad who robbed the shirt, the fella being arrested face down on the pitch was trying to grab the scumbag.

Ahhh, my bad. All the same though, just shows what some people are capable off.

Quick Reply