Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Comedians...

Read 24434 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: Comedians...
      Reply #115: Dec 13, 2010 02:05:35 am
      Saw Jim Jeffries new DVD last Friday Alcoholocaust, one funny f**king Aussie him.

I always get him and Brendan Burns mixed up, both kinda similar.

Jim Jeffries is brilliant but don't see him getting much air-time in the UK anytime soon.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Reply #116: Dec 13, 2010 03:02:24 am
      I always get him and Brendan Burns mixed up, both kinda similar.

Jim Jeffries is brilliant but don't see him getting much air-time in the UK anytime soon.

The above show was his new DVD thats out now but was shown and filmed in conjunction with the Comedy Channel and was shown on Friday Night.

Brendan Burns stand-up show was on a while ago, kinda funny, but proper hates Liverpool!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #117: Dec 13, 2010 03:07:28 am
      The above show was his new DVD thats out now but was shown and filmed in conjunction with the Comedy Channel and was shown on Friday Night.

Brendan Burns stand-up show was on a while ago, kinda funny, but proper hates Liverpool!

Oh yeah? Reckon I'll go get Jim Jeffries online then.

Yeah Brendan Burns does that bit about Liverpool and you get the impression he really means it...

The video of him and the 'heckler' is clever though, got to have some balls to do that because you never know if an audience could side with the plant in the crowd it could go badly. Unlikely if they've come to see him specifically that they'd be shocked by him but if it was the Fringe or something it could get messy.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #118: Dec 16, 2010 04:48:23 am
      The best around to watch live is.... Tommy tiernan.

He really pushes the boundaries!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #119: Dec 26, 2010 08:23:26 pm
      The best around to watch live is.... Tommy tiernan.

He really pushes the boundaries!

Seeing him on the 7th of January in Vicar St. Frankie Boyle pushes boundaries more than Tommy though.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #120: Dec 26, 2010 11:42:16 pm
      Never really watched the Royle Family before but I thought last night's episode was brilliant.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #121: Dec 28, 2010 12:19:59 am
      Just watched Frankie Boyle's latest DVD. Really great.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #122: Dec 28, 2010 01:24:46 am
      Dara O'Brian.

Cock sucking a guitar to get to his favorite guitar hero track... Nice
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #123: Dec 28, 2010 01:47:39 pm
      Dara O'Brian.

Cock sucking a guitar to get to his favorite guitar hero track... Nice

New dvd was great wasn't it? So glad I seen that show at Vicar St. I met him after too!

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #124: Dec 28, 2010 02:00:41 pm
      Reckon he must be a sound bloke to be out with
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #125: Dec 28, 2010 02:43:41 pm
      Reckon he must be a sound bloke to be out with

Most comedians are actually stuck up their own arse, but Dara is a legend. Had the time to chat to anyone who came up to him he was an absolute gentleman.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,249 posts | 2799 
      Reply #126: Dec 28, 2010 02:50:02 pm
      Absolutely hate Frankie Boyle now for some reason. Just don't find him annoying but instead just plain insulting.

Dara's routine that was on the BBC a few weeks ago was brilliant on the other hand.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #127: Jan 09, 2011 05:40:49 pm
      Tommy Tiernan has gone way down in my books. Went to his show last Friday. One of the weakest routines I've ever seen.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #128: Jan 11, 2011 09:47:54 am
      Absolutely hate Frankie Boyle now for some reason. Just don't find him annoying but instead just plain insulting.

Dara's routine that was on the BBC a few weeks ago was brilliant on the other hand.

I accidentally caught the last 20 minutes of some sketch show over xmas by frankie boyle. If he's a comedian i need a new dictionary - a truly pathetic attempt at being vulgar for the sake of it without any comedy, intelligence, originality, wit or timing to speak of whatsoever. If this is the standard from him I'll give his dvd a miss.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #129: Jan 11, 2011 10:03:33 am

I hear what you're saying Chats. I had this same discussion with my son recently.

I'll admit to liking him on Mock The Week, i've seen him live (and enjoyed it) but he's stopped being funny. Far from being intelligent, and edgy, as he first appeared; he's now relying solely on being vulgar and repulsive. It's a cul-de-sac any F**k-wit could venture down and Tramadol Nights was pure sh*te.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #130: Jan 26, 2011 06:46:14 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,140 posts | 4894 
      Reply #131: Jan 26, 2011 07:25:57 pm

I can't stand Frankie Boyle now after liking him on Mock The Week and as been said he is just being vulgar for the sake of it and after watching one episode of his series I found the sketches appauling and struggled to watch it through.

Went to see Dara a while ago and he is the best I've seen live now and that include Billy Connoly, Jimmy Carr and Lee Evans( who I have also went off by the way!)

Kevin Bridges is very good if anyone has seen his new DVD?
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #132: Feb 15, 2011 11:45:00 am
      I had a works' night out at the Glee Club in cardiff a few weeks back and the star/famous comedian was a guy called rob deering. I'd heard his name before but couldn't remember if i'd seen any of his material. Word of warning - the guy is woefully unfunny. His act comprises of him demonstrating how a sampling machine works to create loops from guitar riffs, hand clapping and some piss-poor human beatbox. To this day none of the party I went with can work out if it was a comedy act or a music workshop. If anyone is planning on a night out at a glee club, jongleurs or similar, check first to ensure that rob deering isn't performing.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,140 posts | 4894 
      Reply #133: Jun 08, 2011 01:05:47 am
      Tommy Tiernan has gone way down in my books. Went to his show last Friday. One of the weakest routines I've ever seen.

Going to see Tommy tomorrow night. My wife is a big fan so just hope he has raised his game a bit!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #134: Jun 08, 2011 01:13:29 am

Going to see Tommy tomorrow night. My wife is a big fan so just hope he has raised his game a bit!

A nice guy. I useta play football in the uni halls every Wednesday there 2 years back and always had the courts after us. Brought kids in to play every week. Sound lad, chatted away for a few minutes and seemed down to earth.

As for his comedic routine. To be honest, I loved him 6 years ago and what he did was funny. Whether it's the same now or not, I'm not sure.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,140 posts | 4894 
      Reply #135: Jun 08, 2011 01:14:58 am
      A nice guy. I useta play football in the uni halls every Wednesday there 2 years back and always had the courts after us. Brought kids in to play every week. Sound lad, chatted away for a few minutes and seemed down to earth.

As for his comedic routine. To be honest, I loved him 6 years ago and what he did was funny. Whether it's the same now or not, I'm not sure.

I haven't seen his recent stuff either. It was a birthday present for the missus. Hopefully he will be good.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #136: Jun 08, 2011 01:19:28 am
      I haven't seen his recent stuff either. It was a birthday present for the missus. Hopefully he will be good.

Hope it's a good evening out anyways! :)

Quick Reply