Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

6 years ago today (and 34 years ago)

Read 3266 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: 6 years ago today (and 34 years ago)
      Reply #23: May 25, 2011 11:09:19 pm
      It will forever send shivers down my spine. Easily the best night of my life. I wish I had been a bit older so I really could have taken advantage of the celebrations but there will be plenty of time to do that next season when we win it again. ;)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #24: May 25, 2011 11:11:33 pm
      It's so strange - I was sitting in a room full of mancs, and at half time I turned to my bro and sis and said "It's not over yet"

I said it quietly, but with a strange confidence that they both commented on, but scoffed at.

After we had won, the room full of mancs gave us a standing ovation.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #25: May 25, 2011 11:14:38 pm
      I had a text off my manc mate at half-time saying 'how silly d'you feel now?' At the tme I was fuming and swore I'd never speak to him again. I thought, 'I'd never do that to him - I'd understand the pain he'd be feeling'. But after the game I couldn't resist. I texted him and said, 'Actually, I don't feel that silly now we're the Champions of Europe. How silly do YOU feel?' :)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #26: May 25, 2011 11:31:28 pm
      Two awesome nights that I'll never forget, they say the first time is always the best and in a way Rome 77 was....with all the chequered flags, the 'Joey Jones' flag, the balmy Rome night, it was just a wonderful experience, but Istanbul stands out as Liverpool's greatest ever night in the club's history.

One that will never be repeated......how good is it being a Liverpool fan eh lads  :gt-happyup:

Thanks Racer for the pics of Rome and Istanbul  :)
      McEvoy_LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts |
      Reply #27: May 25, 2011 11:42:48 pm
      What a brilliant night!

I was in my local pub cheering on the reds! It came to half time and I was feeling low, my brother said to me "Well, we have just been taught a footballing lesson". I decided to sit with a gorgeous looking girl who I kind of knew through a friend. We got talking, then Liverpool scored! 3-1, I was stunned! We sat watching the games, 3-2! Oh my lord, can this be happening. I told this girl she was my lucky charm... BANG 3-3! I was jumping up and down as well I her. My mate had tears in his eye.

Penalty shootout, I was so nervous... And when we finally won I jumped about with my friends, family and this stranger girl who was my lucky charm! We celebrated for hours. I ended up asking the girl to come back to mine (why not, I was on a roll with my team just winning Champions League). She said ok! I was like SUPERB!

How did the story end... well... She ended up disappearing while I was celebrating with my friends... She went home with another lad I knew! And they ended up becoming a couple! Any other night I would have called him a theif! But on that night I was with a bigger bird, the LIVER BIRD! I couldn't have been prouder! YNWA, Best night of my life.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: May 26, 2011 02:49:33 am
      Remember struggling to get out of bed at 5am to watch all the pre-game stuff. The road to the final, the past greats of the tournament etc. I was so pumped. Then at half time i was almost in tears. Proper depressed and all like you'd imagine. Then when it got to 3-3, i F***ing went mental. Still got the scar on my head when i jumped and hit the corner pole of my bed. When Jerzy saved that final penalty, i don't think i'll ever feel like that again. It was truly the best moment ever.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #29: May 26, 2011 05:28:00 am
      Was watching highlights again last night. Still get nervous watching the penalty shoot out - and my spine still tingles at those incredible 6 minutes.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #30: May 26, 2011 06:40:30 am
      I remember spilling a lot of beer that night from all the jumping around the room. Best night of watching football I will ever have.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #31: May 27, 2011 01:02:46 pm
      MsGerrard
      Reply #32: May 27, 2011 01:19:51 pm
      ^^^ Amazing...all those thousands of people....one thing I have never done is been in Liverpool for a 'Welcome Home Parade'

That is to be put right at the end of next season  :gt-happyup:

Quick Reply