Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Vurnon Anita (Ajax)

Read 3016 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Vurnon Anita (Ajax)
      May 31, 2011 03:57:32 pm
      Ajax slap £12m price tag on Reds target

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/ajax-slap-12m-price-tag-on-reds-target

Liverpool and Chelsea will have to fork out £12million to sign Dutch ace Vurnon Anita after he signed a new contract with Ajax.

That is the price of the new release clause for the 22-year-old midfielder, who has apparently committed his future to the Amsterdam club until 2014.

But there is a suggestion the new contract with the increased transfer value could be an Ajax tactic to maximise the value of their versatile defensive midfielder, who has come through the club's youth system.
      « Last Edit: Jun 14, 2011 07:53:21 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Last one I\'m correcting... »
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Vurnon Anita - Ajax
      Reply #1: May 31, 2011 04:01:25 pm
       :lmao:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: May 31, 2011 04:02:50 pm

We're waiting
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #3: May 31, 2011 04:04:56 pm
      You're not getting more from me on this one than I already posted Diego. ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #4: May 31, 2011 04:08:01 pm
      :D Is he really that bad?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: May 31, 2011 04:12:02 pm
      ;D, Dexter should know alot so I trust his judgement!
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #6: May 31, 2011 04:21:46 pm
      No, not like extremely bad, but certainly not good enough for us. He's like 5 ft 6, which doesn't help for a defensive player. :P But I can see him having a hard time getting into the first 11 at Ajax next season, let alone getting into ours. But he is versatile. He's right footed, but played as a left back the season before this and untill january this season, and made it into the Dutch national team in that position after Van Bronkchorst left. But really, that was more because of lack of competition at LB. Then Frank De Boer took over at Ajax, and he wanted a left footed player at LB. Then Anita became backup for RB after Van der Wiel, and backup for DM, which is I think his best and original position. In the last few games of the season he fought himself into the first 11 at DM.  But from what I understand Ajax are unhappy about the midfield, and have already brought in reinforcements for it and will bring in more. Well, hence my surprise that we and the chavs are linked to him. And 12 million is a ridiculous price, he'd probably be available for 4-5. I really can't see any truth in all this, and I've wasted too many words on it already.

Oh, and he raps and has made a track with Babel. :-\

Rio (Ryan Babel) ft JR (Vurnon Anita) & Lucky LuQ - Swagg Is Dope

Babel's first line: I'm 24 and already a millionaire, another ten years and I'm a billionaire, I swim in my money etc. etc. :roll:

That said, Anita does seem to have the right mindset and priorities, compared to Babel, he's a good kid.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2011 04:46:17 pm by Dexter »
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #7: Jun 14, 2011 07:24:38 pm

15m Ajax star tracked

Liverpool are the new front-runners in the race to sign Ajax defensive midfielder Vurnon Anita.

The 22-year-old Dutchman helped Luis Suarez's old team win the Dutch championship last season and, although he recently signed a new two-year-deal with the Amsterdam club, it is thought to have a 15m Euro release clause.

Anita's agent has said, “The way I understand things, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are the two interested teams.

"They have not approached me, though, and I have not been in touch with Ajax either, to ask whether there has been contact with other clubs.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/06/14/liverpool-fc-rumour-mill-15m-ajax-star-tracked-swedish-teen-eyed-italians-to-move-for-meireles-100252-28877172/
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #8: Jun 14, 2011 07:36:19 pm
      versatile defensive midfielder ?

that's a bit like saying versatile centreback isn't it?

edit: nvm, i somewhat get it now.  still sounds strange at first ;D, i'm probably just tired - good night all xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #9: Jun 14, 2011 07:51:46 pm
      Dexter opinion on the lad is enough for me
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Vurnon Anita (Ajax)
      Reply #10: Jun 14, 2011 08:45:44 pm
      15m Ajax star tracked
      Anita's agent has said, “The way I understand things, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are the two interested teams.

"They have not approached me, though, and I have not been in touch with Ajax either, to ask whether there has been contact with other clubs.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/06/14/liverpool-fc-rumour-mill-15m-ajax-star-tracked-swedish-teen-eyed-italians-to-move-for-meireles-100252-28877172/

So what he's saying is 'I'm going to name two clubs who everyone is linked with. Even though i'm his agent, not only have these two clubs not made contact with me, i don't even know if they have made contact with the club. Therefore i have no solid basis to make this comment.'

Fantastic.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Vurnon Anita (Ajax)
      Reply #11: Jun 16, 2011 06:16:22 pm
      Lock it up, he's staying at Ajax. ;D

Quick Reply