Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The Madrid Derby

Read 3534 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      The Madrid Derby
      Aug 22, 2007 09:57:08 am
      Looks like Jerzy dudek will make his real madrid debut the weekend as casillias is out injured. Id love to see him do well over there but to make it even more intresting guess who hell be up against the weekend???? Luis Garcia as its the madrid derby!!

I really hope the 2 lads do well over there as they were both great servants to our club and both genuinely loved the club (see Luis letter to the fans and dudeks tears on the last day of the season)

Best of luck lads and thanks for everything
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2007 12:25:15 pm by Court LFC »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: madrid derby
      Reply #1: Aug 22, 2007 12:21:14 pm
      Hope Luis can bang a couple past him! Jerzy said some harsh words when he found out that Reina was the King of the goal!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: madrid derby
      Reply #2: Aug 22, 2007 12:24:37 pm
      Hope Luis can bang a couple past him! Jerzy said some harsh words when he found out that Reina was the King of the goal!

Just the one will do for me.  Luis Garcia trademark.  I'm sure he banged a few past him in training, so I don't think Jerzy would be too bothered!!  :D
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Re: The Madrid Derby
      Reply #3: Aug 22, 2007 12:55:56 pm
      Go on Luis get a couple of goals past him.
      KingNandoTorres
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 23, 2007 03:06:51 pm
      I was on holiday recentley in spain and was at the real VS Betis match. It was only a friendly and they brought jerzy on in the last min thinking that the game was going to go to pens, Up popped betis with a last second free kick, Dudek Was like a statue.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Aug 25, 2007 07:31:25 pm
      Looks like Skysports lost the rights to show the game.

bas**rds.  I stayed in to watch that tonight!!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #6: Aug 25, 2007 07:48:40 pm
      Looks like Skysports lost the rights to show the game.

bas**rds.  I stayed in to watch that tonight!!

It's called the internet Court. They have football on it.

Here's the full story
      http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2154251,00.html

Spanish cry foul as £40m row halts free TV football

Giles Tremlett in Madrid
      Thursday August 23, 2007
      The Guardian

Spanish football fans were yesterday left panicking about whether they would get televised games this season after the owners of the league rights said they had cut off the feed to a major broadcaster.

With the league season kicking off this weekend, Spanish fans had been looking forward to returning to their sofas - or their favourite seat in the bar - to watch the stars of La Liga return to action.

But the chances of seeing the likes of Barcelona stars Ronaldinho and Thierry Henry or Real Madrid's Raúl and Robinho, are now being threatened by a dispute between the owners of the rights and the production company that distributes the matches.

The former has cut off its service to the distributor, claiming that it is owed €58m (£40m) from last season. In the complex world of televised Spanish football, that kills off the free-to-air matches shown every weekend by national television station La Sexta.

The row, sparked in part by a titanic struggle for control over television rights in future seasons, also threatens to disrupt pay-TV matches.

One of La Sexta's major shareholders is the Mediapro production company, which is said to owe the money.

Mediapro has snapped up the league television rights for all but three of the top clubs for the season starting in 2009.

The company that owns the rights, a subsidiary of the Prisa media giant, claims it is protecting all parties, including the clubs and fans, by cutting the signal to La Sexta so that it cannot show this weekend's game between Sevilla and Getafe. Mediapro is crying foul and claiming that pay-TV matches will also be affected.

"The grave and unilateral decision ... is going to signal a drastic and substantial reduction of matches that will be broadcast by pay-TV," it said.

Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: Aug 25, 2007 07:54:34 pm
      It's called the internet Court. They have football on it.

My Sopcast is buggered, and last time I tried downloading a different program for streams it gave me a Trojan :o

What you watching it through KK?
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #8: Aug 25, 2007 08:42:36 pm
      Sopcast the ePlayer version.

Bugger - stream just gone off.  Was shaping in to a cracking finale.  It was 1-1 but there will be a winner!

Hurrah! Back on... 20 mins left.

Knew it... Real go 2-1 up with 10 minutes left.... Atletico have just scored too but it was disalllowed (offside from Forlan)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #9: Aug 25, 2007 11:08:58 pm
      Good match then Koolkidda - did Dudek and Garcia play?

Was looking forward to watching it on sky till I turned over and it wasn't on  >:D

koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #10: Aug 26, 2007 12:01:57 am
      Both Dudek and Garcia were on the bench...where they stayed.

It was like who's who of players the reds have been linked with tho and some real end to end stuff.

Raul, Drenthe, Baptista, Saviola, Forlan, Aguero, Sabrosa ...!

Quick Reply