Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Broadband & Phone

Read 3704 times
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Broadband & Phone
      Aug 22, 2007 11:15:08 am
      I am currently with Virgin Media for these two...I don't have the TV option as I have a dual freeview digital tuner & that does me fine.

I am trying to find out which is the best provider for the other two...I don't have a BT phone line so if I went the SKY way I would need to have that installed etc.

What are your experiences with SKY/Virgin Media? Are they as bad as each other?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Broadband & Phone
      Reply #1: Aug 22, 2007 11:30:42 am
      I'm with Virgin Media.. as long as I have Sky Sports to watch my football nothing bothers me!
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #2: Aug 22, 2007 01:08:46 pm
      I'm with Virgin Media.. as long as I have Sky Sports to watch my football nothing bothers me!

How much is that a month?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #3: Aug 22, 2007 01:17:43 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #4: Aug 23, 2007 12:53:17 am
      Going with Virgin Media. Want XL broadband - anybody use it - anybody have the High Def stuff on Virgin Media?
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #5: Aug 23, 2007 08:49:44 am
      BT phone Line but Running Sky TV and Surf package 16MG (appartently, used that tester on one of the topics on here and we were running about 5MG)unlimited download, we dont actually use the phone line tho as we all just use our mobs.......
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #6: Sep 15, 2007 06:25:17 pm
      Going with Virgin Media. Want XL broadband - anybody use it - anybody have the High Def stuff on Virgin Media?

I lied.  I ended up going with Be Broadband.  Streaming's working fine for me thanks for the games I can't get to.
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #7: Sep 15, 2007 06:39:19 pm
      Virgin Media took over from Blueyonder as my ISP. As a consequence of them being sh*te in their admin, I am now with Orange Broadband, which requires a BT line. The ISP comes up as Cable and Wireless when you check it.
      The connection is better and as they provide a phone connection thru the broadband, my calls are free on that line. I will also be paying nothing, after my first six months, for the next six months.
      With p2p progs, download sites and a cheap digital aerial, I don't need any TV subscription packages.

Quick Reply