Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Nacho Monreal (Osasuna)

Read 2509 times
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 582 posts | 18 
      Nacho Monreal (Osasuna)
      Jun 08, 2011 07:13:36 pm
      Latest LB to be linkes with us.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-defender-chase-twists-towards-9m-osasuna

Liverpool have highlighted Nacho Monreal as a top defender target this summer, according to reports.

The Osasuna left back is now one of two players Kenny Dalglish will choose from at Anfield, according to the Daily Mail, with Lyon star Aly Cissokho the other player cited in the report.

Monreal was first linked with a move to Liverpool back in March, although compatriot Jose Enrique was believed to be the Merseysiders' preferred choice over a move at the time.

However, the link with the Newcastle full back appears to have gone cold in recent weeks, and Barcelona are now thought to be interested in bringing the former Villarreal star to the Nou Camp.

Liverpool are known to be in the market for a player in the position, with Paul Konchesky set to leave the club permanently this summer and teenager Jack Robinson currently holding down the position as first choice.

Despite the England youngster's impressive displays, a more experienced player in the position is believed to be a priority at Anfield and Damien Comolli has been keeping an eye on the player.

The director of football at Liverpool made a personal scouting trip to watch the player, who has four caps for Spain, in March, and Monreal was reportedly placed on a list of potential candidates alongside Enrique, Steven Warnock, Emilio Izaguirre and Oscar Wendt.

It's now claimed that the list is down to two, and Dalglish will be looking to move quickly in his efforts to secure a signing, as he has with Alexander Doni and Jordan Henderson, who is negotiating personal terms with Liverpool today (Wednesday).
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2011 07:17:35 pm by redkenny, Reason: Title amended and article added »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Re: Nacho Monreal
      Reply #1: Jun 08, 2011 07:15:14 pm
      Put his club in the title of the thread.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Nacho Monreal (Osasuna)
      Reply #2: Jun 08, 2011 07:19:52 pm
      Nachooooo

Recent match compilation.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #3: Jun 10, 2011 05:58:01 pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4: Jun 10, 2011 06:11:02 pm
      For those of us who may not be fluent in Spanish it reports something like: Monreal has signed a five year contract for Malaga - transfer fee = €6m. To be finalised next week. (I think).
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #5: Jun 10, 2011 06:12:05 pm
      Malaga doing some good bussiness lately, will be interesting to see how they'll perform next season.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Mmm Nachos.
      Reply #6: Jun 10, 2011 06:13:10 pm
      Never even heard of him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #7: Jun 10, 2011 06:15:59 pm

Ha ha - me neither but then again I'm too old to play FIFA.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #8: Jun 10, 2011 09:29:35 pm
      Ha ha - me neither but then again I'm too old to play FIFA.

Your never too old to play fifa, soldiers, armies, kerby, footy in the park etc etc, that's what my little fella tells me every time I make that excuse.

Quick Reply