Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 731212 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #2277: Dec 18, 2013 05:35:59 pm
      So knee-jerking goes both ways apparently. 

Henderson has played in more than 80 league games for us.  EIGHTY.

In those 80 games, 90% of the time he has been absolutely wretched.  The other 10% of the time, mostly this season, he has been decent, that's about it. 

At Spurs he put on not only his best performance since he came here, but one of the best non-Gerrard midfield performances we've seen at the club since Xabi left.  He was absolutely brilliant, box-to-box, controlled the game. 

But because of that one performance suddenly he is worth the £16m we paid for him?  seriously?  what if he goes back into his shell for the next 10 games?  if he does what he did against Spurs for every game during the rest of the season then he will have turned a corner.   

Yes seriously you F***ing gimp.
      He has the wherewithal to stand in and adequately cover for an England international acknowledged as equal to anyone on the planet in that area of play.
      Do you have a problem with that?
      Apparently the answer is in the affirmative, as has been asked of you previously are you sure you're on the right F***ing forum?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #2278: Dec 18, 2013 05:37:10 pm
      90% of the time he has been absolutely wretched. 

No he hasn't.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2279: Dec 18, 2013 05:38:45 pm
      Why do you bother guys?

He's getting the reaction he wants.

Ignore the fool and eventually he'll go away.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2280: Dec 18, 2013 05:55:04 pm
      Why do you bother guys?

He's getting the reaction he wants.

Ignore the fool and eventually he'll go away.

I don't give a sh*t where or when he goes mate, occasionally it's only fair to highlight what a huge F***ing bellend we are dealing with here.
      On occasion as well he does excel himself and the post in question is no better example of his buffoonery.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2281: Dec 18, 2013 06:08:21 pm
      Don't feed the trolls.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2282: Dec 18, 2013 06:13:29 pm
      I don't give a sh*t where or when he goes mate, occasionally it's only fair to highlight what a huge F***ing bellend we are dealing with here.
      On occasion as well he does excel himself and the post in question is no better example of his buffoonery.

Fair enough mate.
      I just tend to ignore him on the basis that he's a fool who looks for a reaction.

Watch what happens if no-one bites, his posts get more and more extreme.
      His mammy probably took him off the tit too early and he's been craving attention ever since.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2283: Dec 18, 2013 06:15:48 pm
      Probably is better to ignore the pr**k. I will be from now on. His opinion ain't worth a damn anyway!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2284: Dec 18, 2013 07:03:55 pm
      Now come on Jordan lad, some consistency please!

What he said. I'll gladly eat every single one of my words if he can play like he did against Spurs more often.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2285: Dec 18, 2013 07:09:54 pm
      Some guys were saying its a confidence thing with Jordan, well he should be full of it now!
      Keep it up Jordan lad.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2286: Dec 18, 2013 07:28:14 pm
      That was all that was necessary, the rest could have waited until he does what you so confidently predict he will.

No mate it really is necessary.  I'm f**king tired of losing year after year.  Right now we're second in the league in one of the most volatile and unpredictable seasons for years.  We've got a chance to win the title.  I'm not saying to get rid of Henderson, I'm saying we need to improve in midfield and bring in more quality.  Henderson has had ONE brilliant game in his career here.  Against Spurs.  He played out of his skin.  If we knew 100% for sure that he would do that from now on, then we wouldn't need another central midfielder.  But we don't know that.  And 1 out of 80 is not a good enough rate in terms of playing brilliantly.

One of the reasons we've been so mediocre in the last few seasons is because of putting our faith in players who really never earned it.  Then they play horribly, have one amazing game, and it's like all is forgiven.  When Andy Carroll scored in the FA Cup final there were so many people saying he's finally made it, he's coming good, he's the future for us, blah blah blah... because of one game.  No.  He was not good enough, period.  He had to go.  One game doesn't change that.  Can you imagine if we had made decisions that summer based on one game?

So now here we are with Henderson.  He has the chance to prove his value over a long term basis, not just one game.  He was indeed remarkable against Spurs.  But if he can't produce it again against Cardiff, City, Chelsea etc, then what is the point?  our midfield has been so, so poor this season on the whole, everyone and their mother knows we need better midfielders.  If we're 2nd in the league in SPITE of that poor midfield, we could WIN the league with the right additions.  Just think about it: we could win the league this year.  Do you want to risk that all on one performance against Spurs?  I don't.

I was in awe of Henderson at Spurs, he really was just unbelievable.  If he can keep it up then we'll have finally gotten something out of him.  But I don't think it's worth the risk of not bringing someone else in too.  If Henderson continues playing out of his skin then great, that new midfielder can provide competition and cover.  If Henderson goes back to his old self then we still have the new CM to step in. 

I wouldn't have placed our entire season 12/13 on Andy Carroll having a blinder in the FA Cup final (and neither did Rodgers).  Hopefully he'll think the same thing and bring in another CM or two just to be on the safe side.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2287: Dec 18, 2013 07:55:31 pm
      The calls for consistency are fair. Average players have lots of average games, interspersed with occasional brilliant/mediocre ones. For too long we've had lots of average players in our midfield and then wondered why they produce lots of average performances. Everyone can see that Jordan was sensational against Spurs, the test will come against Cardiff the first time he misplaces a pass or scuffs a shot. In the past his confidence has been made of very thin glass, waiting to shatter at any moment. Hopefully the performance the other day will prevent that and he can kick on from here, producing those kind of performances week in week out. Average should be the occasional dip, not the norm. The same applies to our other midfielders.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2288: Dec 18, 2013 07:59:14 pm
      The calls for consistency are fair. Average players have lots of average games, interspersed with occasional brilliant/mediocre ones. For too long we've had lots of average players in our midfield and then wondered why they produce lots of average performances. Everyone can see that Jordan was sensational against Spurs, the test will come against Cardiff the first time he misplaces a pass or scuffs a shot. In the past his confidence has been made of very thin glass, waiting to shatter at any moment. Hopefully the performance the other day will prevent that and he can kick on from here, producing those kind of performances week in week out. Average should be the occasional dip, not the norm. The same applies to our other midfielders.

Exactly mate, agree with everything here.

Although I never could figure out where his confidence started to waver.   He was Kenny's first signing in the summer of 2011, he started his first game ever, if that wasn't enough he scored, at Anfield, in his debut.  If that won't give you confidence then I don't know what will.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2289: Dec 18, 2013 08:04:05 pm
      And yet, even with all our average midfielders, giving average performances, a lot of folk people are still convinced we can challenge for the title.

Imagine what we could be doing had Brendan had the foresight to sign better players, than our average midfielders, last Summer. Blows the mind; eh? Still... January's not that far off and Brendan will get his chance to rectify that mistake... assuming he shares 'our' opinion, of course.  ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2290: Dec 18, 2013 08:12:15 pm
      And yet, even with all our average midfielders, giving average performances, a lot of folk people are still convinced we can challenge for the title.

Imagine what we could be doing had Brendan had the foresight to sign better players, than our average midfielders, last Summer. Blows the mind; eh? Still... January's not that far off and Brendan will get his chance to rectify that mistake... assuming he shares 'our' opinion, of course.  ;)

Brendan did try and sign "better players" in fairness to him, but I do think he has made the mistake of having his eggs in the Lucas/Gerrard basket for too long. Fortunately when you've got our front two plus Coutinho you'll still win lots of matches, and so it has proved.

As I've said many times, although I'm a big advocate of Brendan I don't agree with every decision he makes.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2291: Dec 18, 2013 08:21:11 pm
      As I've said many times, although I'm a big advocate of Brendan I don't agree with every decision he makes.
      No bother mate: I'm sure many are exactly the same.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2292: Dec 18, 2013 08:32:26 pm
      I'm going to stick my neck out here and predict that Henderson will be England skipper at some point in the future.

He'll have a few hiccups along the way, and he'll blow hot and cold at times, but if he continues developing under BR he will captain his country.

That's not based on one game by the way.

Unlike some who change their minds every 2 minutes, I've always said I think there's a very good player in there, it just needs bringing out.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2293: Dec 18, 2013 08:51:28 pm
      Just get the feeling the tide is turning for Jordan. After a solid if unspectacular season, the game against Spurs and the praise he has had heaped upon him in the aftermath will, IMO, spur him on to better things.

Confidence will be at an all time high.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2294: Dec 19, 2013 03:31:44 pm
      He is not perfect, but I have always backed him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2295: Dec 19, 2013 04:16:55 pm
      I bet this lad cannot wait until Saturday he will be looking to rip into Cardiff straight from the off.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2296: Dec 20, 2013 09:18:55 am
      I bet this lad cannot wait until Saturday he will be looking to rip into Cardiff straight from the off.

There's a 90% chance he'll F**k it up though, mate.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,812 posts | 2452 
      Reply #2297: Dec 21, 2013 03:45:53 pm
      Another top drawer performance from Hendo today. A few more like that and he might shut up those naysayers who want him replaced in the team.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2298: Dec 21, 2013 04:19:56 pm
      Brilliant today

If Stevie played some of the passes Jordan played we would drool over them.

Delighted for the lad
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2299: Dec 21, 2013 04:56:56 pm
      Made up for the lad, it never felt better admitting to being exactly wrong.

Quick Reply