Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 747020 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3542: Jul 10, 2015 11:06:30 am
      Sad state of affairs when someone who went missing regularly during the biggest games of our season becomes the captain of a club like ours.

And for those of you with short memories just go back and reach the threads for our games against Arsenal, the Mancs, the Cup semi etc.  Go and see how many people were having a go at him for being invisible.

Should have given it to Sakho.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3543: Jul 10, 2015 11:15:43 am
      Sad state of affairs when someone who went missing regularly during the biggest games of our season becomes the captain of a club like ours.

And for those of you with short memories just go back and reach the threads for our games against Arsenal, the Mancs, the Cup semi etc.  Go and see how many people were having a go at him for being invisible.

Gerrard was invisible for a good few games, are you suggesting that he should not have been captain?

Your analogy is flawed. Someone who is running around being visible may not be seeing the bigger picture, and thus see where things need changing.

Just another criticism, try being positive for once. When Gerrard was injured he did a fine job as back-up.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #3544: Jul 10, 2015 11:20:42 am
      OMG no. Skrtel deserved more this, Hendo doesn't seem the type to spur teammates on or deliver an inspiring speech.

But anyway, i hope this makes him better and will only serve to improve our squad.
      Sometimes george you really should think there were plenty of occasions last season when he stuck up for the player's , and tried to get them going Sakho was injured for large parts and is still relatively unproven and Skrtl has no experience at it  dont really think there was any alternative tbh.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #3545: Jul 10, 2015 11:23:32 am
      OMG no. Skrtel deserved more this, Hendo doesn't seem the type to spur teammates on or deliver an inspiring speech.

Aye. Because Skrtel has shown all those qualities over the years. :roll:

Good man Hendo. I think he'll be a great captain.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3546: Jul 10, 2015 11:28:51 am
      Your analogy is flawed. Someone who is running around being visible may not be seeing the bigger picture, and thus see where things need changing.

It's not Henderson's job to be changing things.  That's the manager's job.  It's not even really about seeing the big picture.  I would hope all the players on the pitch see the big picture. 

What it's about is setting an example to the other players.  Showing that you'll do everything it takes to win, that putting in half arsed performances is NOT okay at a club like ours, that being invisible and a passenger is out of the question etc.

So considering that Henderson not only fails in all three areas but does so on the biggest of occasions, yes, I see that as a problem.

You don't, ok.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3547: Jul 10, 2015 11:29:27 am

Agree Fed, this was more a case of no other viable options than Hendo being the right man for the job. He's not captain material, who knows it might bring more out of him and that is my hope.

He's a follower and not a leader, but this is a reflection of where we find ourselves as a club more than it is on Hendo. We've allowed people such as Reina, Agger, Carra, Stevie even Luis to leave without properly replacing them and now we find ourselves with little alternative than installing Hendo as club captain.

Well good luck to the bloke but I'm not going to pretend that he's captain material for the sake of showing 'support'.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3548: Jul 10, 2015 11:35:06 am
      Gerrard was invisible for a good few games, are you suggesting that he should not have been captain?

Just another criticism, try being positive for once. When Gerrard was injured he did a fine job as back-up.

This, he is the captain now,and that's it. Good luck to him.

Some people just never happy, why is my fave player not captain?, I'm gonna sulk in the corner now, and slag of the new captain. ;D.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3549: Jul 10, 2015 11:36:20 am
      A lot of it is down to his attitude on and off the pitch, he has learned a lot from gerrard.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3550: Jul 10, 2015 11:40:41 am
      It's not Henderson's job to be changing things.  That's the manager's job.  It's not even really about seeing the big picture.  I would hope all the players on the pitch see the big picture. 

What it's about is setting an example to the other players.  Showing that you'll do everything it takes to win, that putting in half arsed performances is NOT okay at a club like ours, that being invisible and a passenger is out of the question etc.

So considering that Henderson not only fails in all three areas but does so on the biggest of occasions, yes, I see that as a problem.

You don't, ok.

I just can't be arsed answering this fully now as I'm off to work, but if you think Henderson does not show he cares, does not show attitude, or is invisible, remember you said if fails in all 3 areas then what is he doing here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jepGwaBpQrU

Diego Costa was trying to intimidate my younger team-mates... which I didn't really like, says Jordan Henderson

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3006304/Diego-Costa-trying-intimidate-younger-team-mates-says-Jordan-Henderson.html

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3551: Jul 10, 2015 11:50:37 am
      I just can't be arsed answering this fully now as I'm off to work, but if you think Henderson does not show he cares, does not show attitude, or is invisible, remember you said if fails in all 3 areas then what is he doing here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jepGwaBpQrU

Diego Costa was trying to intimidate my younger team-mates... which I didn't really like, says Jordan Henderson

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3006304/Diego-Costa-trying-intimidate-younger-team-mates-says-Jordan-Henderson.html

Indeed.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3552: Jul 10, 2015 11:53:24 am
      Well in lad.

Make us proud.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #3553: Jul 10, 2015 11:55:02 am
      Right decision as far as concerned. A player who will give it all on the pitch and leads by example on and off the pitch.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3554: Jul 10, 2015 11:58:31 am

Ok, we just have different opinions on this.  You measure your captain in how much he acts like billy big bollocks towards opposition players.  I'm much more concerned about how we behaves with *our* players.  It's easy to go stand in front of someone and growl and pretend like you're going to do something for about three seconds. 

What I want to know is how he is going to get us going when we are away at Bournemouth or Leicester and the lads can't be arsed.  Getting into a fight with another player is an easy way to get players riled up.  But what's he going to do when there is no one to fight with and he just has to take a game by the scruff of the neck game in and game out?

I mean really, when he was invisible when we lost to the Mancs at home, got drubbed by Arsenal away, got destroyed by Villa at Wembley and then embarrassed away at Stoke---when he was invisible during those games did you really think "oh it's okay because one time he stood up to Diego Costa"?

I don't know, maybe you did.  Maybe that's what matters most to you.  Cock measuring contests.

I'm much more interested in us winning.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3555: Jul 10, 2015 12:08:50 pm
      Pleased for hendo, in my book it is well deserved. Having said that i do think too much is made of the captaincy in football, essentially it involves a lot of tossing which would make me captaincy material
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3556: Jul 10, 2015 12:27:53 pm

Skrtel should be a leader but isnt anything near to being one

Hendo was the best man for the job delighted for him. Expect a big season from him now. Best of luck to him
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #3557: Jul 10, 2015 12:35:37 pm
      Congrats made up for him
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #3558: Jul 10, 2015 12:36:13 pm
      who's vice
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3559: Jul 10, 2015 12:41:32 pm
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #3560: Jul 10, 2015 01:19:22 pm

Well there is the gambling, the drinking, the women,

shall i carry on ?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3561: Jul 10, 2015 01:28:37 pm

The same people it's always been.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #3562: Jul 10, 2015 01:40:34 pm

Lucas and Kolo.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3563: Jul 10, 2015 01:43:38 pm
      Great news for him to be made captain and in sure he is honoured to be. However, I still have doubts as to whether he is actually captain material. Big season Hendo, prove you deserve that armband.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3564: Jul 10, 2015 02:30:58 pm

Why not Raheem ??

Quick Reply