Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 732006 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3634: Aug 19, 2015 06:29:30 pm
      I assumed it had been confirmed with so many losing their sh*t over him missing the game due to being played, whilst injured, against Bournemouth. 

Welcome to LFC supporters 2015 Debs. ;D

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3635: Aug 19, 2015 06:42:18 pm
      Welcome to LFC supporters 2015 Debs. ;D

I just don't get it Si. 

Every little detail picked over until it's a festering mass of puss, seeping out of every thread it's applicable to but this little detail hasn't even happened, yet it's used to criticise Brendan with.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3636: Aug 19, 2015 06:49:12 pm
      I'm not confident enough with our team to win any game without a full strength team at the moment. Plus maybe too early for Milner to be leading a side out?

Why would it be too early for Milner to lead a side out? He's vice-captain, he wouldn't have been given such title if he wasn't ready to lead the team when needed.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #3637: Aug 19, 2015 06:49:21 pm
      I just don't get it Si. 

Every little detail picked over until it's a festering mass of puss, seeping out of every thread it's applicable to but this little detail hasn't even happened, yet it's used to criticise Brendan with.

Like I said the other day if you think it's bad on here give Twitter a go.

Some right nutters on there.
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2015 07:02:05 pm by srslfc »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3638: Aug 19, 2015 07:00:20 pm
      Like i said the other day if you think it's bad on here give Twitter a go.

Some right nutters on there.

No ta mate  ;D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3639: Aug 19, 2015 07:02:46 pm
      Have they announced he's definitely out for next Monday then or is it still speculation?

Regardless, is Jordan the type of player to miss a game -- any game, not just Arsenal -- unless it's something very serious? I'd be shocked if he's out.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3640: Aug 19, 2015 07:54:58 pm
      what I like about him is he is still improving but  I think sometimes he tries a little too hard.Not sure what his foot injury was but its clear it was worth a chance and I am sure he would have been asked in conjunction with the medical team.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #3641: Aug 20, 2015 05:42:35 am
      I've had that plantar fissy thing, f*cking nightmare it was. Unless Fitflop make football boots (think that's what they're called) he's f*cked. Mind you, my guess is he'll have more intensive and better informed treatment than my twice weekly sessions with old Doctor Cundy provided. Nice old fella he is, but there's only so much you can do with a fortnightly ten minutes and some squinted at internet diagnosis.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #3642: Aug 20, 2015 09:12:04 am
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-vs-liverpool-jordan-henderson-6281816

So it looks like Jordan might be fit for the Arsenal clash.

Hopefully that will shut the moaners up for a few minutes.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3643: Aug 20, 2015 11:32:48 am
      Hopefully that will shut the moaners up for a few minutes.

Well, it was only me and Ireland who was against playing the injured Hendo. I like to think I was bringing something to the forum by posting my opinion and create a sensible and fun discussion. And as for the moaning, I would rather moan about something football related and create a discussion than moan about posters(indirectly or directly) and spark needless negative moaning posts.

Anyway, thanks to those who engaged into this mini debate.

I hope this is true as we need our captain, but again, I would still have wrapped him up in cotton wool.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #3644: Aug 20, 2015 11:44:03 am
      Well, it was only me and Ireland who was against playing the injured Hendo. I like to think I was bringing something to the forum by posting my opinion and create a sensible and fun discussion. And as for the moaning, I would rather moan about something football related and create a discussion than moan about posters(indirectly or directly) and spark needless negative moaning posts.

Anyway, thanks to those who engaged into this mini debate.

I hope this is true as we need our captain, but again, I would still have wrapped him up in cotton wool.

I'm all for debate mate but Ireland's post was in no way intended to start a reasonable debate he just saw an oppertinity to have a sly dig at our manager. Which was pathetic, childish and unreasonable.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #3645: Aug 21, 2015 03:45:28 am
      he was cleared of a hairline fracture so if that was the only complaint he should be all good
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #3646: Aug 21, 2015 04:24:01 am
      F**k are you taking about? The player said he was ok to play with a pain killer so manager took a chance based on this information. This happens in football all the time.

Pathetic attempt to have a dig at the manager.
      He won't answer you back mate , he doesn't have a clue about mentions let alone spelling .

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #3647: Aug 21, 2015 12:25:58 pm
      The guy is a beast and if he can run he will if he cant then we continue without him and with players more than capable of stepping in. Can, Firmino,Coutino who can all play CM. Drop Lallan either way for me he's had 2 games to fight for his spot and has not done enough to justify a starting place.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #3648: Aug 24, 2015 04:18:36 pm
      sh*t....Saw some reports he is going to miss todays game

Any official news on his fitness??
      YNWA
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #3649: Aug 29, 2015 07:52:06 pm
      By far the most important player in the squad.

We need our captain back and quickly.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3650: Aug 29, 2015 08:40:51 pm
      By far the most important player in the squad. We need our captain back and quickly.

Henderson is "by far" more important than Coutinho?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #3651: Aug 29, 2015 08:53:45 pm

Our team has no energy, organisation or drive without Hendo.

He is every bit as vital to our season as Coutinho. He also scores and assists more in the league than Coutinho does from a deeper position.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #3652: Aug 29, 2015 09:40:02 pm

Yes.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3653: Aug 29, 2015 11:05:35 pm

I suppose it depends on what you are basing importance on. Unfortunately against the Mancs I think we'll get an answer to this question.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #3654: Aug 29, 2015 11:08:15 pm
      I suppose it depends on what you are basing importance on. Unfortunately against the Mancs I think we'll get an answer to this question.

Only a fool would argue that Phil isn't our most creative player and most important attacking player FL but I think Hendo is the gel for this side and in my opinion is even more important that Phil.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3655: Aug 29, 2015 11:11:56 pm
      Only a fool would argue that Phil isn't our most creative player and most important attacking player FL but I think Hendo is the gel for this side and in my opinion is even more important that Phil.

Could be...like I said...come the game against the Mancs I bet we find out because I would assume Jordan will be fit, obviously Coutinho misses out, so if we batter and dominate them, then I think your case is made.

At this point I'm not so sure who our most important player is, but one of them needs to step up and be "the man".
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3656: Aug 29, 2015 11:16:35 pm
      And this is why we are stuck in the mud, have been for years and will be for years unless something changes.

Because if you told Barca, Bayern, Real Madrid, or for that matter any club in the world that they could have one of Coutinho or Henderson for free, literally every single one of them would take Coutinho.

Whilst we somehow big up Henderson who offers literally nothing other than endurance.  If we want someone to run around non stop then bring in Mo Farah.  What we need in midfield is leadership, CONSISTENT quality, someone who takes control of games, not someone who goes missing in the big matches.

It's no wonder we keep losing our best players.  Imagine if you're Coutinho and Barca comes in and says "f**king hell Phil, your own club thinks that you're not as important as Henderson." 

He will be off next season while you lot say "oh well at least we still have Henderson."

We used to have Stevie, Xabi and Masch in our midfield.  Have you lot forgotten what it really means to have top class quality in our midfield?

Now we have Jordan Henderson as our "most important player."  We have fallen so far it's not even funny.

Quick Reply