Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 731466 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4324: May 07, 2016 02:29:49 am
      I just like that we have options again
      Players who are fit, working hard to get fit, playing well and in the first team, training hard to get into the first team and ALL trying to get into the match day squads.
      I don't want to start dissing players. I just want to know, as I do, that we have a squad of players that are all fully committed to the club and are doing their best to impress the manager
      Love that.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #4325: May 07, 2016 10:41:27 pm
      Won't be fit for the UEFA cup final, but will lift the trophy if we win it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4326: May 08, 2016 01:09:13 pm
      Whilst Hendo has had a very disruptive season due to injures, I still rate him highly, and despite Can's emergence in midfield, I still feel both Can and Hendo are in desperate need of a ball playing midfielder.

Can would thrive next to a Modric type whilst Hendo would next to an Alonso type. Personally, I feel Hendo and a DLPM would be the better option  rather than Can and a AM.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #4327: May 08, 2016 01:17:56 pm
      Whilst Hendo has had a very disruptive season due to injures, I still rate him highly, and despite Can's emergence in midfield, I still feel both Can and Hendo are in desperate need of a ball playing midfielder.

Can would thrive next to a Modric type whilst Hendo would next to an Alonso type. Personally, I feel Hendo and a DLPM would be the better option  rather than Can and a AM.

Imagine if we had a 26 year old Xabi in our team now?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4328: May 08, 2016 01:29:53 pm
      Imagine if we had a 26 year old Xabi in our team now?

Imagine that :)

I feel there are both very good/exceptional AM and DLPM's out there that'll compliment Can or Hendo, but what does Klopp want? One thing I am 99% sure of, he will look to play a 2 man CM more often than a 3.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4329: May 09, 2016 10:55:07 am
      People say this now, but form changes and we pick up injuries. If he's fit for the final, brilliant, regardless of if he starts. If he doesn't start, then we've got a very good substitute. It would be good for him to lift a trophy, captain a team in another final, be there to help out the many young lads we have, and be there to offer his quality on the pitch.
      Is there some other Jordan Henderson you know in some sort of parallel universe and he's the one your describing in your post?
      Because the one i'm thinking of should be locked up for the night on the 18th May.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #4330: May 09, 2016 12:56:10 pm
      If Hodgson requested to see how Henderson is in terms of fitness and sharpness prior to major tournament Klopp would have no option but to play him vs Sevilla. The day you start arguments with the FA is the start of your ending. See Brendan, he argued with Roy over Sturridge treatment and that was it for him at LFC. Hendo, the core member of English national team is fit - he starts in Basel, its simple as that.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4331: May 09, 2016 01:00:08 pm
      If Hodgson requested to see how Henderson is in terms of fitness and sharpness prior to major tournament Klopp would have no option but to play him vs Sevilla. The day you start arguments with the FA is the start of your ending. See Brendan, he argued with Roy over Sturridge treatment and that was it for him at LFC. Hendo, the core member of English national team is fit - he starts in Basel, its simple as that.

Is he even training again?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4332: May 09, 2016 01:03:09 pm
      If Hodgson requested to see how Henderson is in terms of fitness and sharpness prior to major tournament Klopp would have no option but to play him vs Sevilla. The day you start arguments with the FA is the start of your ending. See Brendan, he argued with Roy over Sturridge treatment and that was it for him at LFC.

???

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #4333: May 09, 2016 01:06:05 pm

Don't be ridiculous.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4334: May 09, 2016 01:23:58 pm

What on earth are you on about yet again?

Klopp decides who plays in every game - nevermind a major final - not the England manager! If Hodgson wants to find out how fit Henderson is come team selection time then he can give Henderson a work out at St George's Park. Brendan went because he was doing sh*t at his job you tit. Also, Henderson, the core member of the national team? :lmao: :lmao: You must be kidding, surely?

This is the most baffling post of the year, hands down.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #4335: May 09, 2016 01:38:52 pm

A truly bizarre uneducated post.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #4336: May 09, 2016 01:40:24 pm

What a load of utter sh*te, as if Klopp gives a F**k about the English national team.

And as for the FA, F**k them gobshites too.

We're SCOUSE not english!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #4337: May 09, 2016 01:42:59 pm
      Imagine that :)

I feel there are both very good/exceptional AM and DLPM's out there that'll compliment Can or Hendo, but what does Klopp want? One thing I am 99% sure of, he will look to play a 2 man CM more often than a 3.

Someone like Pjanic would be a perfect foil for Can.

I think he's about as close to a Xabi like player out there would love if we signed him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4338: May 09, 2016 01:43:10 pm

I couldn't give two shits about what Hodgson and the FA think and I don't think you should either!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4339: May 09, 2016 02:11:13 pm

utter nonsense
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #4340: May 09, 2016 02:32:33 pm

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4341: May 09, 2016 05:18:49 pm
      Considering he is our captain and meant to be a huge part of our midfield, IMO I don't think we have missed him at all since he's been out. I don't think it would be the end of the world at all if he left in the summer. It's not like when Gerrard was his age where it would have been a terrible choice to let him go.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4342: May 09, 2016 05:26:22 pm
      Considering he is our captain and meant to be a huge part of our midfield, IMO I don't think we have missed him at all since he's been out.

We've looked so much better, especially in the games where our strongest team has played. I really worry that Klopp will bring him right back in once he's next 'fit'.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4343: May 09, 2016 08:22:50 pm

Have you been in AussieRed's secret cupboard?  :cool-smiley-027:
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4344: May 09, 2016 08:43:25 pm
      Considering he is our captain and meant to be a huge part of our midfield, IMO I don't think we have missed him at all since he's been out. I don't think it would be the end of the world at all if he left in the summer. It's not like when Gerrard was his age where it would have been a terrible choice to let him go.
      I have heard , from a very reliable source , that Klopp is not at all convinced by Henderson .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4345: May 09, 2016 08:53:32 pm
      Henderson has been playing with an injury all season he hasn't been anywhere near the player he was. Jürgen as we have found out plays players on merit only and that's exactly how it should be the team comes first nothing else matters and Jordan needs to regain his fitness and work his way back into the team and whoever said Klopp doesn't rate him that's not the impression he gave me when he talked about him the other day he is a Klopp player a team player
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4346: May 09, 2016 10:40:51 pm
      Have you been in AussieRed's secret cupboard?  :cool-smiley-027:

Oi, I don't share with people who already have no brain cells left!  :D

Quick Reply