Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 732101 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4531: Aug 01, 2016 04:52:39 pm
      We would be better off with him, for around 20 mil pounds, i'd sell him right away. He isn't top quality and he's very injury prone. I'm sure he will never become a top player, sadly.

Even though i abused Whiskey nose for his views regarding Jordan, i think in the end he was right.

He is not injury prone though :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #4532: Aug 01, 2016 04:54:36 pm

Just that persistent heel injury he's been dealing with.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4533: Aug 02, 2016 02:19:41 pm
      Just that persistent heel injury he's been dealing with.

I'm sure I read somewhere that his heel injury can't be repaired, it can only be managed.

I could be wrong, the old memory not being what it once was, but even so, the fact that people forget so quickly what his issues have been means I take most of what is written with a big pinch of salt.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #4534: Aug 02, 2016 03:15:03 pm
      I'm sure I read somewhere that his heel injury can't be repaired, it can only be managed.

I could be wrong, the old memory not being what it once was, but even so, the fact that people forget so quickly what his issues have been means I take most of what is written with a big pinch of salt.

I've had what he's got, it's f****** agony and people don't give the lad the credit he deserves for playing through it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4535: Aug 02, 2016 03:20:01 pm
      I've had what he's got, it's f****** agony and people don't give the lad the credit he deserves for playing through it.

Is it true that it's a "condition" rather than an injury, and that it has to be managed as it never really heals properly mick?

I should just google it, but I'm curious about your experience with it.

With Henderson, you can see he hasn't been moving as freely as before, and that it's really bothering him, so part of the above is also me wondering if he can get back to his best.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #4536: Aug 02, 2016 03:51:19 pm
      Is it true that it's a "condition" rather than an injury, and that it has to be managed as it never really heals properly mick?

I should just google it, but I'm curious about your experience with it.

With Henderson, you can see he hasn't been moving as freely as before, and that it's really bothering him, so part of the above is also me wondering if he can get back to his best.

I got it when I was regularly jogging mate and it completely put the kibosh on it. I could barely walk never mind run. Plantar fiscitis it's called, and it feels like someone has beaten the bare soles of your feet with a cricket stump for a day or two, before stuffing a load of marbles in your shoes before you put em on. I had anti inflammatory tablets and all that, but really it was just rest which cleared it up. To be honest I don't really know if it'd come back if I started running again, having had it once I just walk faster with the dog now. F*** that for a game of soldiers, once was enough. 
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4537: Aug 04, 2016 07:42:48 am
      Seems Henderson thinks this could be the season he finally wins over his doubters.
      Saying "  Feeling really good and ready to go . My targets are to make my first decent pass of a football around November "
      Asked about a time frame for getting a shot of any kind on target , he replied " Whooooa man !!! Rome wasn't built in a day ya know !!  "
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #4538: Aug 04, 2016 08:49:52 am
      Sell, sell, sell. Sorry, I am also one of those who doesn't rate him.  :(
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #4539: Aug 14, 2016 03:17:30 pm
      First game of the season. Away to the Arse........

Jordan starts as captain........go figure?!

It's almost as if the gaffer rates him........... :o :f_whistle:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4540: Aug 14, 2016 03:53:32 pm
      Well, Jürgen's had a full window and given him the armband again. Hopefully close to injury free, would be great to see him return to better form. All the best Jordan!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4541: Aug 14, 2016 07:30:30 pm
      Well, Jürgen's had a full window and given him the armband again. Hopefully close to injury free, would be great to see him return to better form. All the best Jordan!!

Indeed....go go Jordan, I believe in ya  :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4542: Aug 14, 2016 07:50:10 pm
      First game of the season. Away to the Arse........

Jordan starts as captain........go figure?!

It's almost as if the gaffer rates him........... :o :f_whistle:

Ahem...I think the likes of federer and co are of a far superior mind to know what the deal is with Henderson as opposed to a two times Bundesliga champion, one time German cup winner and Champions League finalist.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #4543: Aug 14, 2016 08:06:54 pm
      lets accept he was playing injured last season and give the lad a chance to get his fitness and form back I thought he was ok today onwards and upwards Jordan
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #4544: Aug 14, 2016 08:24:59 pm
      Ahem...I think the likes of federer and co are of a far superior mind to know what the deal is with Henderson as opposed to a two times Bundesliga champion, one time German cup winner and Champions League finalist.

You're right, my bad  :mad:

;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #4545: Aug 14, 2016 08:25:37 pm
      Yep I thought he was pretty good today too. He ain't no Steven Gerrard or Xabi Alonso, but who is?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #4546: Aug 14, 2016 08:44:17 pm
      Yep, he had a good game today,even in the first half when we were for the most part poor, he played well. Makes sense for Can to play next to him though and push Gigi a little further forward.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #4547: Aug 14, 2016 11:04:45 pm
      I like Henderson but I disagree I think he looked uneasy today in that position, particularly in 1st half when under pressure. Don't think he recycled the play well enough and too often was square to the play and in wrong position to receive the ball, he also made it too easy for Chamberlain to get his shot away. I'd have him playing in the role Lallana was in today and toss a coin between Lallana and Ginio other side
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #4548: Aug 14, 2016 11:31:17 pm
      Along with the rest of the midfield he was poor in the first half and no great surprise Arse pressed us as a team when he got the ball because of his inability to turn with the ball.

However credit where it's due he was much better when he was allowed to roam further forward pressing high up the pitch and make the forward runs we know he excels.

The team really needs Can up to full fitness to be the anchor and let the likes of Wijnaldum and Hendo do their stuff further up the pitch.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #4549: Aug 14, 2016 11:32:56 pm
      Yep, he had a good game today,even in the first half when we were for the most part poor, he played well. Makes sense for Can to play next to him though and push Gigi a little further forward.

You must of been watching a different game in the first half. All I saw was side way and backward passes.

Credit to him for the stepping up in the second half though.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #4550: Aug 14, 2016 11:38:50 pm
      You must of been watching a different game in the first half. All I saw was side way and backward passes.

Credit to him for the stepping up in the second half though.

I'm not getting carried away dude, I thought he was tidy in that first half whilst his midfield partners Gigi and Lallana barely had a touch. Obviously they were all much better in the 2nd half.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #4551: Aug 14, 2016 11:46:13 pm
      Hendo failed to impress for me, too much backwards and sideways crap. He and Gini look like the same player. Not sure either right now should keep Grujic on the bench.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #4552: Aug 14, 2016 11:48:49 pm
      Hendo failed to impress for me, too much backwards and sideways crap. He and Gini look like the same player. Not sure either right now should keep Grujic on the bench.

I think we're a bit carried away with Grujic he will have a development season this year won't play much
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #4553: Aug 14, 2016 11:54:56 pm
      I think we're a bit carried away with Grujic he will have a development season this year won't play much

No, I want to see him play and him being on the bench today tells me he's going to get his chance at some point.

Quick Reply