Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 747098 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4738: Sep 28, 2016 07:39:58 am
      Nah. Last season he was out of action or playing injured gets a pass in my book. 2 seasons ago is what pisses me off about our ignorant boo boys. He was bashed and bashed despite making 13 assists (5 more than anyone else in the team) and scored 7 goals. 20 combined which was more than the rest of the squad. So yea, sh*te right? F***ing moronic.

May seem like I'm banging on about Henderson, but quite frankly people need to wake up and see we've got a player and a captain here. When he's fit, when he's in the centre, he's been consistently good, there's no two ways about it. Don't understand why so many think he's been this terrible player for us. Like I've said before, the facts don't lie and facts say he's been our best centre midfielder when fit for years now.

Fact.
      people have their opinions. There must be a reason why it's so split over him.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4739: Sep 28, 2016 09:26:59 am
      Nah. Last season he was out of action or playing injured gets a pass in my book. 2 seasons ago is what pisses me off about our ignorant boo boys. He was bashed and bashed despite making 13 assists (5 more than anyone else in the team) and scored 7 goals. 20 combined which was more than the rest of the squad. So yea, sh*te right? F***ing moronic.

May seem like I'm banging on about Henderson, but quite frankly people need to wake up and see we've got a player and a captain here. When he's fit, when he's in the centre, he's been consistently good, there's no two ways about it. Don't understand why so many think he's been this terrible player for us. Like I've said before, the facts don't lie and facts say he's been our best centre midfielder when fit for years now.

Fact.

I agree with all of that but what you're saying is he is the best we have.

Is he the best we can get is the question? No of course he's not.

We haven't had a world class CM since Gerrard left. At one stage we had Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard in the middle. We then replaced them over the course of the last 9-10 years with Henderson, Wijnaldum and Lallana.

Don't get me wrong, we are playing amazing football and I'll be the first to hold my hands up if Henderson goes on to win player of the season but do you really think that's going to happen?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4740: Sep 28, 2016 11:03:35 am
      I agree with all of that but what you're saying is he is the best we have.

Is he the best we can get is the question? No of course he's not.

We haven't had a world class CM since Gerrard left. At one stage we had Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard in the middle. We then replaced them over the course of the last 9-10 years with Henderson, Wijnaldum and Lallana.

Don't get me wrong, we are playing amazing football and I'll be the first to hold my hands up if Henderson goes on to win player of the season but do you really think that's going to happen?

Got anyone in mind mate?

Bear in mind how Jürgen wants us to play and what he expects of "his" centre mids. 

I know what you're saying about our current CMs in comparison to our 2008/09 midfield but look at Dortmunds title winning midfield from the 2010/11 without the benefit of hindsight and the players they became after 2 title wins and a CL final to their names.

Nuri Sahin, promoted from the Academy 3 seasons earlier, played 30 scored 6, aged 22. 

Kuba signed 3 seasons earlier, age 25 played 29 scored 3. 

Sven Bender in his 2nd season aged 21 played 31 scored 1.

They were hardly world class players in 2009/10 yet look what they achieved as part of that unbelievable Dortmund machine Jürgen created.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #4741: Sep 28, 2016 11:04:53 am
      Got anyone in mind mate?

Bear in mind how Jürgen wants us to play and what he expects of "his" centre mids. 

I know what you're saying about our current CMs in comparison to our 2008/09 midfield but look at Dortmunds title winning midfield from the 2010/11 without the benefit of hindsight and the players they became after 2 title wins and a CL final to their names.

Nuri Sahin, promoted from the Academy 3 seasons earlier, played 30 scored 6, aged 22. 

They were hardly world class players in 2009/10 yet look what they achieved as part of that unbelievable Dortmund machine Jürgen created.

I still want Dahoud  :)

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4742: Sep 28, 2016 11:23:46 am

I wouldn't say no myself mate  ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4743: Sep 28, 2016 01:19:10 pm
      Just been to paint shop supplies in Durham, lad who's family owns it, Henderson's best mate, holidays with him etc,  Small world.

Told me Henderson doesn't drink alcohol at all, not close season, nights out with family friends, holidays etc, shows how dedicated he is to his career.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #4744: Sep 28, 2016 01:34:48 pm

So does Jürgen funnily enough.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4745: Sep 28, 2016 07:57:13 pm
      people have their opinions. There must be a reason why it's so split over him.

I honestly think it's poor understanding of the game and what Henderson's role is.

So many think because he's the captain and plays centre mid he needs to be Gerrard all of a sudden. Looks like we're seeing some realisation that he's not that type of player now, which is good. Hopefully the credit he deserves keeps seeping through, and of course his form keeps on running.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #4746: Sep 28, 2016 10:01:39 pm
      Certain people have gone predictably quiet on this thread all of a sudden.

Just go back to January/February in this thread and look at the sh*te being posted up until a few months ago, like I said then, it's absolutely shameful the way he's been treated at this club. Moreover; the fact that the stampede of hatred for some bad games playing whilst clearly injured doesn't match to the same number of great performances this season just goes to show that Jordan is fighting a losing battle with some fans who'd rather see him fail and be 'right' than succeed and admit they got it wrong.

Just wait, one bad game and this thread will explode, just f**king wait. It's utterly infuriating.

Yes it's gone quiet, the lad has strung together some good performances including a truly stunning goal at Chelsea. But it works both ways surely? Yes he's playing well but we've seen plenty of dross from Henderson over the last two years so it will take a good few more games to convince the doubters of which there are many (including myself) that he is the real deal. Henderson has always produced good games in his LFC career but he has been sorely lacking in consistency, he might play a blinder and then go missing For the next 3-4 games. For me His last 4-5 games have all been 8/10 performances with a 9 thrown in at Stanford Bridge. Keep it coming and all will be forgiven. I certainly don't feel any guilt for criticising the lad or questioning whether he was LFC material because he hasn't really looked it since the title near-miss despite having a decent looking season statistically during the following season. BUT he has looked every inch a Liverpool player the past few games but he needs to keep it going.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4747: Sep 29, 2016 09:32:15 am
      I honestly think it's poor understanding of the game and what Henderson's role is.

So many think because he's the captain and plays centre mid he needs to be Gerrard all of a sudden. Looks like we're seeing some realisation that he's not that type of player now, which is good. Hopefully the credit he deserves keeps seeping through, and of course his form keeps on running.

What do you believe his role is? You've listed what he isn't but not what he is.

Why are people getting so pissy about peoples opinions of players?
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4748: Sep 29, 2016 09:36:37 am
      Got anyone in mind mate?

Dahoud would be up there. There are a number of midfielders out there who could do a better job than Henderson IMO. Of course it's not fantasy football though and it doesn't work like that.

Klopp is getting the absolute maximum out of everyone and It's exciting. As you say with the players above and the rest of that squad he won the Bundesliga with, he's done it before!

Henderson is looking a much better player under Klopp but for me, we need more from our (probably) best CM.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4749: Sep 29, 2016 09:44:57 am
      I'll be the first to admit he has been a lot better the last few games, it seems that he has rediscovered his form and role in the team and that is good to see. Long term I am still far from convinced but if he carries on playing like he is now then its thumbs up from me.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #4750: Sep 29, 2016 03:48:06 pm
      What do you believe his role is? You've listed what he isn't but not what he is.

Why are people getting so pissy about peoples opinions of players?

He's got more of a defensive side to his game that tends to go unnoticed. Interceptions, tackles but moreover he makes other people make mistakes. Watch how many times Hendo is snapping at someone's heels and they then give the ball away, it's crazy once you start to notice it and that's just as good as a tackle.

He's been doing really well playing deep however I still think he's great at making runs from midfield into the box and finding himself in good attacking positions. I think Lallana has been given that freedom this year but we've seen Hendo is no slouch when he gets a pop at goal.

He's vocal and a real leader out there, seeing him live really showed me that. He's always pointing, shouting and commanding. Reminds me of Carra or Mash in that regards, the managers go to for organising.

He's just boss.

You also can't really be advocating people should have their own opinions and then complain about people's opinions of those opinions? Bit of a catch 22 but still relevant.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #4751: Sep 29, 2016 06:59:40 pm

'Poor understanding' you mate sound like a right douchebag
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #4752: Sep 29, 2016 08:08:38 pm
      'Poor understanding' you mate sound like a right douchebag

Good one. Let me know when you're done with primary school insults, the adults are talking here.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #4753: Sep 29, 2016 09:46:01 pm
      Good one. Let me know when you're done with primary school insults, the adults are talking here.

Whatever
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4754: Sep 30, 2016 12:16:43 am
      Always seem to have a couple of players that get stick, even when playing well, seems to be The Liverpool Way of late.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4755: Sep 30, 2016 10:06:25 am
      He's got more of a defensive side to his game that tends to go unnoticed. Interceptions, tackles but moreover he makes other people make mistakes. Watch how many times Hendo is snapping at someone's heels and they then give the ball away, it's crazy once you start to notice it and that's just as good as a tackle.

He's been doing really well playing deep however I still think he's great at making runs from midfield into the box and finding himself in good attacking positions. I think Lallana has been given that freedom this year but we've seen Hendo is no slouch when he gets a pop at goal.

He's vocal and a real leader out there, seeing him live really showed me that. He's always pointing, shouting and commanding. Reminds me of Carra or Mash in that regards, the managers go to for organising.

He's just boss.

You also can't really be advocating people should have their own opinions and then complain about people's opinions of those opinions? Bit of a catch 22 but still relevant.

I know what you mean about closing people down, he has a great engine on him. I can't really argue with the points above.

Klopp obviously sees him as a defensive  midfielder this season, or box to box and he's doing well at protecting the back four. If he keeps playing the ways he is playing he will silence all the people questioning him, myself included.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4756: Sep 30, 2016 05:49:56 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4757: Sep 30, 2016 06:02:01 pm
      I know what you mean about closing people down, he has a great engine on him. I can't really argue with the points above.

Klopp obviously sees him as a defensive  midfielder this season, or box to box and he's doing well at protecting the back four. If he keeps playing the ways he is playing he will silence all the people questioning him, myself included.

Klopp doesn't see him as anything other than a talented player.

As he said repeatedly on MNF, it's not about the position, it's about the player.
      Offer options in attack and protection in defense.
      That's as far as it goes.
      When Wijnaldum breaks forwards, Henderson protects, when Henderson breaks forwards Wijnaldum protects.

Put simply, positions in rigid formations so beloved of footy fans everywhere, do not apply to Klopps sides.
      People got used to this under Rafa, and have become blinded by it.
      Klopps methods are based on fluidity of positions and play, as play develops, and not the rigid, Rafa type formations, and I really wish people would start to understand that.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4758: Oct 02, 2016 10:54:00 pm
      Vote for Jordan's goal against Chelsea in the September goal of the month on MOTD  :gt-happyup:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4759: Oct 02, 2016 11:07:52 pm
      Vote for Jordan's goal against Chelsea in the September goal of the month on MOTD  :gt-happyup:

Will do. But there's a temptation to vote for Junior Stanislas's goal against Everton...just for the bitters to watch it one more time!  >:D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4760: Oct 02, 2016 11:09:47 pm
      Will do. But there's a temptation to vote for Junior Stanislas's goal against Everton...just for the bitters to watch it one more time!  >:D

Cruel....but good  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply