Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 732089 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4807: Nov 05, 2016 02:06:38 pm
      I should really clarify that a lot of what I felt was frustration rather than doubt.
      A blind man could see he had it in him to be a good player, it just took time to come out.
      I don't think it helped that he played so much on the right for us, and you could immediately see the difference when he moved to the centre.

Agreed.

Still 100% convinced we'd have won the league 13/14 but for that tackle..........but I totally get why he made it.......

Sliding doors eh.....?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4808: Nov 05, 2016 02:33:30 pm
      Agreed.

Still 100% convinced we'd have won the league 13/14 but for that tackle..........but I totally get why he made it.......

Sliding doors eh.....?

True.

I think people forget just how fine the margins are at top level.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #4809: Nov 06, 2016 04:50:27 am
      Always improving and working hard on his game. Well deserved recognition for Jordan!
      Long may it continue.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4810: Nov 06, 2016 09:43:08 am
      As predicted, he's slowly coming back to fitness and getting to grips with things again. By Halloween if he stays fit I expect him to be bossing it again.

:f_whistle:
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #4811: Nov 06, 2016 12:10:48 pm
      I should really clarify that a lot of what I felt was frustration rather than doubt.
      A blind man could see he had it in him to be a good player, it just took time to come out.
      I don't think it helped that he played so much on the right for us, and you could immediately see the difference when he moved to the centre.

It's right about Hendo's quality and potential mate.

I'm admit questioned Hendo at beginning of the season, and admitted here I'm wrong but my worst mistook is not question Hendo as I'm always his big fan since his arrival. It's my huge underestimate of Klopp that the worst. This also made me embarrass myself the way I criticized Lallana last season.

And per your words I stressed above ' it just took time to come out ', IMO it's just not time to make a player a great, a good or ordinary one but the right coach/manager who can bring the best out of his player and push them to maximize their potential that's most important.     

Well done Captain Hendo.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,777 posts | 6725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4812: Nov 06, 2016 08:14:52 pm
      Was everywhere last night. The Man has got an engine on him, for sure.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #4813: Nov 06, 2016 11:36:59 pm
      I have to say, I was wrong about Hendo. In terms of his Captaincy I mean. Even at the start of the season I didn't think he was Liverpool Captain material but he's really grown into the role this season. Not only leads by example but not afraid to hand out a bollocking as well. His transformation is complete and he has to be one of the most complete Midfielders in the country.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #4814: Nov 07, 2016 01:55:44 am
      This is the perfect position for him. He never had to flair to be higher up the pitch, or Stevies panache for the full box-to-box role.
      What he has got in abundance though is drive and determination. Does the gritty work, stops our CBs getting exposured and has has excellent passing ability. I like the way he's been really looking forward this season and playing the early ball as soon as he's won it back. Great example to any of the young lads coming through.

Delighted for him, a key cog in an unstoppable machine.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #4815: Nov 07, 2016 05:08:46 am
      He's got that potential and all.

He can spot passes and spread the play well but his problem is he prefers to play so much more backward passes than taking the initiative to try to start an attack.

He can be some player but he needs to get that confidence that Shelvey has and go forward. Also, work on his shooting!!

I'm happy if his sideward and backward pass turn him to another Lucas Leiva within next two seasons Ad  ;D

IMO Hendo was a player with less aggressive on attack that make him different to Gerrard or Shelvey, but he's possess brilliant skill on the ball with calmness and vision that like Xabi Alonso, so I'll wait and see how he can turn to be in the future, for me I'm rather think he's a later type player.

Glad Hendo finally fulfilled his potential :D

BTW, long long time no see a post from Adryan, I missed you Ad. YNWA.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4816: Nov 07, 2016 03:18:29 pm
      He has been absolutely fantastic, hasn't he? I actually prefer Hendo 16/17 over Gerrard 13/14 in the #6 role thus far. I feel there is a bit more solidity in the middle because Hendo is able to cover a lot more ground and support quicker.

However, he is still relatively new to the role and lack experience has shown at times. One major nit pick would be when he's descending, his awareness of his defensive surroundings diminishes and gets sucked in to cover unnecessarily instead of tracking a late running from midfield or marking a spare body in the middle. He has done this a few times, but most noticeably was against Chelsea and West Brom where goals were conceded.

Anyway, as I said, he is still new to the role and with games under his belt comes experience, so hopefully, he will be the master of the #6 by the end of the season :D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #4817: Nov 07, 2016 05:31:00 pm
      Come on Fed, I know you're lurking on here somewhere. Very interested to hear your take on this considering you thought that Henderson should lose his place to Kevin Stewart and was a Championship standard player.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4818: Nov 07, 2016 05:45:24 pm
      I backed him during his time comig back from injury, but started to question him early on in this campaign.

Think he's back to near the form of 13/14 and i'm convinced it's because he's finally free from pain of his injury he had.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4819: Nov 07, 2016 05:53:48 pm
      I backed him during his time comig back from injury, but started to question him early on in this campaign.

Think he's back to near the form of 13/14 and i'm convinced it's because he's finally free from pain of his injury he had.

He failed to impress for much of Klopp's time, derailed by that heel injury and the Burnley match at the start of the season was the worst I've probably seen Henderson play. Misplaced passes, out of position, side passes galore. But from that point onwards he has been completely transformed. It's amazing how quickly and instinctive he plays now and how he keeps the play ticking over. Anytime the opposition spit the ball out of their defence he's always there to recycle and start off another attack not afraid to play it in the air or on the ground. He's everywhere, so much more dynamic and so much more expressive in his leadership role both on and off the field. Even his post match interview yesterday seemed honest and expressive as he wasn't afraid to show how irked he was at conceding the goal. I've never seen him play this well for Liverpool and in all honesty not seen a midfielder look this controlling for a good number of years since Gerrard was in his prime.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #4820: Nov 07, 2016 11:21:52 pm
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #4821: Nov 08, 2016 12:36:47 am
      He's like a souped up Gerrard from 13/14, with better defensive capabilities, more high energy and mobility. I'm loving watching him at the minute. Is looking like a captain on the field, and is playing like one.

I always liked the guy personally, but thought at the start of the season he was just a bit too soft for Liverpool. The Burnley match was the final straw and I stated exactly here I was 'finished with him' after his questionable 15/16 season (which is now looking more down to injuries and adaption to Klopp's methods).

I think his performances of late has been the quickest u-turn from any player I've ever seen. He is absolutely immense and it is shameful that I ever doubted him. Humble pie has never tasted so good.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #4822: Nov 08, 2016 06:31:51 am
      So add 3rd highest tackling rate to most distance covered and most passes completed with a 90% completion rate. Every step of the way remaining professional and working tirelessly through a nasty heel injury. Amazing work cap.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4823: Nov 12, 2016 03:29:21 pm
      Hendo giving huge praise to Kornmayer & Nemmer. It seems they've been great additions to the team.

Hendo: How additions to backroom team have contributed to LFC's start

The players making an impact on Liverpool’s excellent start to the season have received plaudits from far and wide in recent weeks – but Jordan Henderson has highlighted the contributions two summer additions to the backroom team have made.

The Reds recruited Andreas Kornmayer from Bayern Munich as head of fitness and conditioning, while Mona Nemmer also arrived from the German champions to be appointed as the club’s head of nutrition.

Henderson believes the Liverpool squad have benefited from the expertise of both new additions to the staff at Melwood.

On Kornmayer, who has been working with the players since the first day of pre-season, the captain said: “He’s been brilliant. He’s really come in and put his own stamp on what he wants to do and what the manager wants from the players.

“The lads get on very well with him, he’s got a good relationship with all the lads, and he works us very hard, which is good. We’ve got a great bunch of lads that want to work, so that makes it easier for him, but the things he’s done have definitely put us in good condition, as you can see out on the pitch in the performances and energy levels we’ve had.

“I feel very good at the moment, probably the best I’ve felt in years really in terms of my fitness and just in general.

“I think that’s the same as everyone – we’re feeling good as a team, very fit, and I think a lot of that is down to pre-season and the base we had, and we’ve built on that over the first few weeks of the season and we continue to do that in training.

“We’re all looking good, we’re all looking healthy and fit, and that’s a big thing.”

Meanwhile, Henderson was also eager to lavish praise on Nemmer, whom he believes has added even greater emphasis on the benefits of making sure players take on the correct nutrition both before and after matches and training sessions.

He added: “We all ate well anyway – as professionals you need to make sure your diet is good. But since Mona come in, I think it has gone to another level – the food we’ve been having is unbelievable.

“In pre-season, I couldn’t believe it – we’re getting a bit spoilt, actually. She’s been world-class, making sure we’re getting the right food in after games, the protein shakes we have… everything, everything is covered nutritionally.

“I’ve never seen anything like it since I’ve been involved in football in terms of the food we’re having. Everything seems to be done and checked off for us to go out at the weekend and perform.

“She varies it, it changes all the time. The food is always different – it’s the way it’s made, the way it’s prepared for us. The variation is the biggest thing for us because having the same things all the time can get a bit boring and nutritionally it isn’t good for you. It’s good for you to try different things. I think she’s introduced that brilliantly there.

“Nutrition is a massive part of football, it makes sure you’re healthy, fit and feeling good, and that’s definitely been a side we’ve improved massively on.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/242417-hendo-how-additions-to-backroom-team-have-contributed-to-lfc-s-start
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4824: Nov 20, 2016 02:02:37 pm
      First player in Prem this season to make 1000 passes.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #4825: Nov 21, 2016 09:28:57 am
      Hendo seems not only to have upped his game, but now brings more consistency.
      Never rated him, and posted so previously. Never thought he was captain material either.
      Have to admit though, currently making me eat my words.
      Hope he keeps improving at the same rate now, and also ram the words of old whiskey face down his throat as well.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4826: Nov 21, 2016 10:13:36 am
      First sign of 'poor form' tho' and...   ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #4827: Nov 21, 2016 12:06:15 pm
      WAHS on the lash with a couple of the boys  :laugh:

https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/800660333723578368
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4828: Nov 21, 2016 12:14:24 pm

Why would they take action? Surely they can do whatever the F**k they like?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4829: Nov 21, 2016 12:37:29 pm

I bet their wives do though  :angry-smiley-034:

Quick Reply