Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720418 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5129: Jul 10, 2017 12:59:14 pm
      Haters are gonna hate but for anyone interested in the truth...

Missing Henderson was a little more subtle. He does not torment defenders in the way Mane does; he cannot stretch the play or produce a moment of mayhem in the opposition box.

The midfielder, however, is the team’s best option in the no.6 role. He pushes his side higher up the pitch; he sets the tempo with his passing; his presence makes Liverpool feel far more relentless in the press. The claims he wasn’t missed, or is not worthy of a place in the starting line-up, are simply not true.

Liverpool scored more goals per game with him in the team, and conceded fewer, while the number of big chances were conceded against the opposition were lower in his presence. The side’s average number of passes in the final third – 144 – dropped considerably, to 132, when Henderson was missing.

The metric of ‘expected goals’ – what statisticians use to register the quality of a chance in front of goal, rather than simply recording it as an attempt – is also revealing. Over the 38 games, the opposition’s expected average (or, in statistic parlance, xG) was at 0.92 goals per game. With Henderson out the team, that rose to 1.12 goals per game, meaning Liverpool had a higher probability of conceding when he wasn’t in the line-up.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-henderson-mane-13306466

Our best CM and cant wait to see him back in the side.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5130: Jul 10, 2017 03:14:11 pm
      Haters are gonna hate but for anyone interested in the truth...

Missing Henderson was a little more subtle. He does not torment defenders in the way Mane does; he cannot stretch the play or produce a moment of mayhem in the opposition box.

The midfielder, however, is the team’s best option in the no.6 role. He pushes his side higher up the pitch; he sets the tempo with his passing; his presence makes Liverpool feel far more relentless in the press. The claims he wasn’t missed, or is not worthy of a place in the starting line-up, are simply not true.

Liverpool scored more goals per game with him in the team, and conceded fewer, while the number of big chances were conceded against the opposition were lower in his presence. The side’s average number of passes in the final third – 144 – dropped considerably, to 132, when Henderson was missing.

The metric of ‘expected goals’ – what statisticians use to register the quality of a chance in front of goal, rather than simply recording it as an attempt – is also revealing. Over the 38 games, the opposition’s expected average (or, in statistic parlance, xG) was at 0.92 goals per game. With Henderson out the team, that rose to 1.12 goals per game, meaning Liverpool had a higher probability of conceding when he wasn’t in the line-up.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-henderson-mane-13306466

I've never seen such goldfish memories regarding a player. People forget just how good Jordan is. We play better and win more with him in the team, that's a fact.

I don't get those who come on here and bash him, they clearly have dug their heels in too deep and refuse to budge. I cannot wait to have him back in the team.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5131: Jul 10, 2017 10:11:01 pm
      Not his biggest fan but we do seem to be more consistent with him in the team.

I guess the only time he gets called out is when we are losing as he's the captain and you're looking for a bit of inspiration which doesn't usually come from Henderson.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5132: Jul 10, 2017 10:37:58 pm
      I guess the only time he gets called out is when we are losing as he's the captain and you're looking for a bit of inspiration which doesn't usually come from Henderson.
      Fair enough, I suppose.

So... that would have been in the grand total of 3 [three] out of the 24 [twenty four] premier league games, he started, last season? 😒

But... but... he walks funny and he's always fixing his hair. So there! 😄

Teasing aside: 'Haters gonna hate'... it's just that, when it comes to Liverpool's Captain, you sort of expect them to be Mancs or Blueshite. 😕
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2017 10:57:09 pm by bad boy bubby »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5133: Jul 10, 2017 10:43:28 pm
      Fair enough, I suppose. 😩

So... that would have been in the grand total of 3 [three] out of the 24 [twenty four] premier league games, he started, last season? 😒

But... but... he walks funny and he's always fixing his hair. So there! 😄

Teasing aside: 'Haters gonna hate'... it's just that, when it comes to Liverpool's Captain, you sort of expect them to be Mancs or Blueshite. 😕

Not about hating. It's just people's opinions.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5134: Jul 10, 2017 10:57:21 pm
      In 2016/17 Premier League season

Henderson.                 Lucas
      Pass success           86%                     83%
      Key passes              1.3                        0.3   Per game
      Crosses                   0.7                         0     Per game
      Long balls                6.9                        2.6   Per game

In all facets of passing Henderson is superior to Lucas.

Now compare where the 2 were playing last season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5135: Jul 13, 2017 03:58:45 pm
      In 2016/17 Premier League season

Henderson.                 Lucas
      Pass success           86%                     83%
      Key passes              1.3                        0.3   Per game
      Crosses                   0.7                         0     Per game
      Long balls                6.9                        2.6   Per game

In all facets of passing Henderson is superior to Lucas.
      Just the fact Lucas was playing in CB speaks volumes. It is no secret he cheaply gives free kicks in dangerous areas. If he was any good in midfield he would not be a CB. As for Hendo, those stats are sub par for a midfielder nevermind captain. Players like Keita and VVD should be replacing these if we want to win anything bigger than league cup.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5136: Jul 13, 2017 05:44:57 pm
      Just the fact Lucas was playing in CB speaks volumes. It is no secret he cheaply gives free kicks in dangerous areas. If he was any good in midfield he would not be a CB. As for Hendo, those stats are sub par for a midfielder nevermind captain. Players like Keita and VVD should be replacing these if we want to win anything bigger than league cup.

Can you explain how being Captain improves your passing stats?

I think you won't find many No6's in the EPL with better stats than Hendo.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #5137: Jul 13, 2017 05:49:33 pm

Can you explain how being Captain improves your passing stats?

I think you won't find many No6's in the EPL with better stats than Hendo.

Pretty obvious yesterday's match the range of his passing, he can pretty much spray them wherever he wants; he had a couple overhead in the box that were sublime.

His quick turnaround 1 touch send it off is what we were desperately missing last season when he was out...I like Can and rate him but he would take 3 touches before a ball would be on its way.
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2017 05:56:01 pm by AZPatriot »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5138: Jul 13, 2017 06:19:08 pm
      Watched the match this afternoon, and thought this is the heaviest I've ever seen Henderson.
      He's even got a belly haha

I'm sure it won't take long for him to work it off.

Decent enough run out for him.
      Welcome back captain.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #5139: Jul 14, 2017 05:59:49 am
      Ever notice how no one ever felt the need to say "hey everyone, look at this doctoral thesis I wrote to prove that Suarez really is important for us"?

It's because it was obvious how incredible Suarez was.  The same with Coutinho.  No one ever walks into his thread saying "look at these stats that show that Coutinho actually is a good player..."  It's obvious as f**k.  We don't need stats to show us what we can see with our eyes.

And yet this happens year after year with Henderson.  People feel the need to shout from the rooftops how important he is. 

Why?

Because the truth is he contributes the sum total of sweet f**k all.  But he's a nice lad who works hard and has had a rough go of it, so people want to defend him and mangle stats to show how somehow he's actually invaluable.

Sorry, but he's not good enough to be starting for a Liverpool side playing in the Champions League and hoping to win the league this season.  All those things people say he does---that should be the bare minimum for a starting Liverpool midfielder.  He shouldn't be praised for doing the bare minimum.

He's not the only one, mind.  We've got a lot of underachievers.  But they don't have the rabid defence force that "Hendo" has.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5140: Jul 14, 2017 09:26:56 am
      Sorry, but he's not good enough to be starting for a Liverpool side playing in the Champions League
      I agree, how can we have the captain as somebody who is not good enough to start in champions league. I think he is probably good enough to start in the league cup along the fringe players like Solanke and maybe see off games in the last 10-20 minutes to rest better players when we are already winning, so basically a squad player.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5141: Jul 14, 2017 09:29:14 am
      Pretty obvious yesterday's match the range of his passing, he can pretty much spray them wherever he wants; he had a couple overhead in the box that were sublime.

His quick turnaround 1 touch send it off is what we were desperately missing last season when he was out...I like Can and rate him but he would take 3 touches before a ball would be on its way.
      Why would you complement a midfielders range of passing? It is like the Borini days when people complemented his effort. All midfielders should have a passing range. In fact most football pitches look bigger on TV, I could probably kick a football 75% of from one goal to the other at Anfield. How many assists or goals did he get yesterday? 0.. key statistic right there.
      I guess we will have another season of complementing the ground he covered, his attitude, his hair style... maybe even say how well he talks in post match interviews. If we are really lucky we can compliment how well he let James Milner take a penalty.
      I just watch the highlights again, I will complement how well Henderson stayed out of them.
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017 09:41:24 am by Ribapuru »
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #5142: Jul 14, 2017 03:48:10 pm
      Why would you complement a midfielders range of passing? It is like the Borini days when people complemented his effort. All midfielders should have a passing range. In fact most football pitches look bigger on TV, I could probably kick a football 75% of from one goal to the other at Anfield. How many assists or goals did he get yesterday? 0.. key statistic right there.
      I guess we will have another season of complementing the ground he covered, his attitude, his hair style... maybe even say how well he talks in post match interviews. If we are really lucky we can compliment how well he let James Milner take a penalty.
      I just watch the highlights again, I will complement how well Henderson stayed out of them.

Best you go work on your +% now Riba...your embarrassing yourself again.
      Leeboyo
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #5143: Aug 20, 2017 04:22:16 pm
      Let's face it, Henderson is uninspiring as a player and certainly as a team captain.
      You can quote me all the stats you like, however, the majority of his passes are short sideways or backwards and negative. Not to mention all the "completed" passes he makes for all the statisticians out there, but inevitably leaves a teammate in trouble.
      Even when he hasn't got the ball, he's encouraging teammates to do the same??? WTF, grow some balls and develop a bit of ingenuity in your game!
      I was glad to see Milner ignoring him a few times yesterday and getting the ball moving forward to the likes of Mane, Firminho and Salah who can do the damage.
      Yes Henderson puts in a shift but we need more than that.
      I personally think Can, Milner and Coutinho would be my first choice 3 in midfield, both Can and Milner have a defensive element to their game but both have a desire and can make things happen going forward too. Look at the majestic flick that Can did against Watford to put Mane through.  Henderson would almost certainly have passed that out to the wing or possibly even all the way back to the centrebacks.
      I don't think he's good enough to be in the Liverpool first 11 and certainly not to be our team captain.
      I totally get the Henderson vs Lucas debates earlier in this thread cause both deserve to be compared in the same breath, in my opinion, neither have ever been good enough to make the Liverpool first 11, they're both well overrated.
      If Can stays and develops under Klopp, I can see him being the next team captain in a season or 2, he has a few areas to work on, however, he possess the characteristics of a natural leader. It's not surprising that teams such as Juventus were showing an interest in Can yet unfortunately there's been no talk of Henderson going anywhere. I wouldn't normally wish this on any player, but I hope Henderson gets injured for a lengthy spell this season so that our other midfield options are explored and can come to fruition.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #5144: Aug 20, 2017 04:31:23 pm

I would be my house you couldn't kick the ball 75% of the pitch and manage to keep it in bounds nevermind find another person with a pass.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #5145: Aug 20, 2017 05:24:57 pm
      He one worse players ever see play for us all he dones is point fingers sideways
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #5146: Aug 20, 2017 05:26:19 pm
      Taught when boss come in he get mild field sort out one worse in league and is reasons why we leak goals
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #5147: Aug 20, 2017 05:44:13 pm
      Taught when boss come in he get mild field sort out one worse in league and is reasons why we leak goals

How on earth is our midfield the reason we leak goals? Have you seen our defenders try to defend? Have you even looked at the man in goal who may as well have tits for hands? There's your reason
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5148: Aug 20, 2017 05:59:44 pm
      This lad's thread gets more pure pish per page than any other on this whole board.

I get he divides opinion - but some of the stuff is just moronic.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #5149: Aug 20, 2017 07:10:10 pm
      Just Liverpool fan grow up see us great mild field down years you could see from match that our mild field too many water carries in team
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #5150: Sep 02, 2017 06:50:03 am
      Congratulations on captaining your country Jordan.

Looks like he may be the next England captain.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #5151: Sep 08, 2017 04:43:39 pm

Boss tha!

Quick Reply