Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720103 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5336: Mar 12, 2018 11:25:54 pm
      Yep, in hindsight he was missed, would have helped control that midfield, needed his energy at Old Trafford.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #5337: Mar 23, 2018 09:42:52 pm
      Played very well for England tonight I thought, almost metronomic with his passing and very positionally aware defensively.

And just starting to pick up a bit of a scouse twang in his accent I noticed in the interview!
      « Last Edit: Mar 23, 2018 09:48:16 pm by Scottbot »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5338: Mar 23, 2018 09:50:14 pm
      Played very well for England tonight I thought, almost metronomic with his passing and very positionally aware defensively.

And just starting to pick up a bit of a scouse twang in his accent I noticed in the interview!

Agree him and Ox both played very well.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5339: Mar 23, 2018 09:52:23 pm

I thought his passing was average as usual, but a strong disciplined display. Can't wait for Tuesday, Jorginho vs Hendo!!!!
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #5340: Mar 23, 2018 10:19:43 pm
      I thought his passing was average as usual, but a strong disciplined display. Can't wait for Tuesday, Jorginho vs Hendo!!!!

I think Reds underplay him at times. He's no Xabi Alonso BUT if Xabi had put in the exact same performance as Henderson tonight (back in the day) I've no doubt we would all have been waxing lyrical about how he 'ran the game'.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #5341: Mar 23, 2018 10:21:21 pm
      No way Hendo or Alex oc should play on tuesday,gobs***e southgate better use his squad.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5342: Mar 23, 2018 10:21:43 pm
      I think Reds underplay him at times. He's no Xabi Alonso BUT if Xabi had put in the exact same performance as Henderson tonight (back in the day) I've no doubt we would all have been waxing lyrical about how he 'ran the game'.

Correct on both counts.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5343: Mar 23, 2018 10:30:55 pm

This is the first I knew of England playing tonight.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5344: Mar 23, 2018 10:37:12 pm

Would we? I think you have forgotten how Xabi distributed the ball from deep. Hendo's distribution was no where near a Lucas... let alone, Xabi. Watch Hendo closely, and see how poor he is at finding players between the lines. You can pretty much go back to nearly every Hendo game and find that he plays those passes a handful of times or less.... a game, and watch how often our players find those pockets but only to be ignored.

But let's not forget there was 3 at the back tonight too. I acknowledge he is a good player, and had a good game tonight, but distributing wasn't even up there.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5345: Mar 23, 2018 11:37:19 pm

A true Liverpool fan, I love it  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5346: Mar 23, 2018 11:51:51 pm
      Half watched the England game. Looked pretty tedious to me. Only thing i noticed Hendo do was intercept a long kick out from Pickford.

It's hardly the days of Gerrard or Gazza is it?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5347: Mar 24, 2018 12:09:54 pm

Knew they're were playing, too many people at work told me. Still unaware of the score.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5348: Mar 24, 2018 02:54:51 pm
      no, Henderson was invisible a lot of the game. From what I saw he was sloppy in possession and miss kicked a back pass.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5349: Mar 24, 2018 02:56:44 pm
      Correct that Hendo is not Alonso. It's an obvious one. Incorrect that we would have praised that awful performance if it came from Alonso.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5350: Mar 24, 2018 04:30:27 pm
      Watched the England game, while all the footie journo's were raving about Kyle "overpriced" Walker, I actually thought Henderson had a good game and tbh I'd rather see him as Captain than that diving pr**k Kane.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #5351: Mar 24, 2018 06:07:16 pm
      no, Henderson was invisible a lot of the game. From what I saw he was sloppy in possession and miss kicked a back pass.

Invisible? You really are a dweeb. Shame I can’t find the match stats anywhere I reckon he had more of the ball than any other player on the pitch.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5352: Mar 24, 2018 06:52:42 pm
      Invisible? You really are a dweeb. Shame I can’t find the match stats anywhere I reckon he had more of the ball than any other player on the pitch.

Jordan Henderson – 6.5

Henderson was England's captain on the night and played as the team's deepest midfielder. ITV's pundits singled him out for praise at half-time, complimenting his forward passes. However, the pundits appeared to be somewhat selective in their analysis, because most of his passes in the half were sideways or back to his defenders, all of whom are very comfortable on the ball. When he tried to play it forward, or spray it wide, the passes were often overhit or inaccurate. He worked hard and intercepted the ball three times, the joint-most of any player on the pitch. He can be happy with his display and improved after the break, but he also wasn't exactly the English Sergio Busquets as ITV's analysis seemed to suggest.

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/player-ratings-england-netherlands-169150

I agree with this review about backwards passing, miss hits and a few defensive helpings, but it doesn't mention the time he lost it in his own half or when he passed it back nowhere near anybody in our six yard box. 2 terrible mistakes. 6/10 for me.

If you had stats, they might show most passes, but they were passes we didn't need. A sideways passdoes f**k all. That's why he goes un noticed, most his contributions have no effect.

Against better opposition that is pressing, Henderson won't be able to pass it sideways or backwards. He's going to have to be more creative. His problem is he doesn't think, he just passes it to the nearest player, most of the time if he passed it anywhere else it ends up miss hit.
      « Last Edit: Mar 25, 2018 12:45:24 am by Ribapuru »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5353: Mar 25, 2018 03:39:30 am
      I've never seen a player so criticised for so little wrongdoings and at the same time praised for so little.

It's like a 7/10 performance proves he is the best and worst player in the league at the same time.

Ridiculous span completely compromised by bias.

Henderson is a solid player, I'd have him in the team all day long. A hard worker and a complete professional, I back him 100%. I don't get the hatred at all, in fact those who say he's 'sh*te' just don't know football. Sure you may support a team, sure you may have watched for decades however I'd be willing to bet you've never played or coached a high level game in your life if you don't appreciate his play on the field and his action off it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5354: Mar 25, 2018 10:38:36 am
      I've never seen a player so criticised for so little wrongdoings and at the same time praised for so little.

It's like a 7/10 performance proves he is the best and worst player in the league at the same time.
      it only takes one mistake to be out of a tournament the rest of the team worked so hard for. Seeing Henderson dribble on the flank and lose the ball and his backpass to nobody in the six yard box. Please explain what happens if that happens against Man City in CL and De Bruyne gets on the end of the stray miss hit back pass in the penalty box?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5355: Mar 25, 2018 12:18:20 pm
      it only takes one mistake to be out of a tournament the rest of the team worked so hard for. Seeing Henderson dribble on the flank and lose the ball and his backpass to nobody in the six yard box. Please explain what happens if that happens against Man City in CL and De Bruyne gets on the end of the stray miss hit back pass in the penalty box?

Aye it's a mistake no doubt, but it's like F**k me he's not the antichrist because of it.

And Karius would save it, launch a long ball up to Bobby who passes to Salah who scores again ;)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5356: Mar 25, 2018 12:22:23 pm
      it only takes one mistake to be out

Can you tell me the last player, to go through a whole game, not making a solitary mistake?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #5357: Mar 25, 2018 01:02:59 pm

Does nobody else make ONE mistake?
      Give us and Henderson a break with your petty, unnecessary and incessant criticism.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5358: Mar 25, 2018 01:10:56 pm
      Does nobody else make ONE mistake?
      Give us and Henderson a break with your petty, unnecessary and incessant criticism.
      You know you are being pedantic now. Of course everyone can make mistakes, but some players do it constantly. Eric Dier at Spurs is another one.

Quick Reply